kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

On 6/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Depends on the quality of the film. If it’s as good as IW i see zero logical reason for it to not increase. Why would the climax of the MCU , coming off an extremely successful previous film, actually decrease ? I won’t convince anybody and the avengers 4 threads will be similar to the infinity war threads where most people were laughing at anybody predicting huge results for it and citing ridiculous reasons . One look at the various pre-opening infinity war threads and clubs is enough.

Yeah I am quoting myself, so sue me. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Europe is probably what's gonna prevent Endgame from beating Avatar

Japan. Europe will be considerably better.

EG will be $120mn short of Avatar in Japan, perhaps biggest difference in any country.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Europe is probably what's gonna prevent Endgame from beating Avatar

Yes, but there should be huge increases in whole Europe. For example, I expect a big increase in Spain, maybe a 50% more than IW.

Of course, it will continue being far from Avatar. In fact, everything is far from Avatar in Spain. It is a 40% bigger than the second biggest film ever in local currency. It is hard to compete with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

Yes, but there should be huge increases in whole Europe. For example, I expect a big increase in Spain, maybe a 50% more than IW.

Of course, it will continue being far from Avatar. In fact, everything is far from Avatar in Spain. It is a 40% bigger than the second biggest film ever in local currency. It is hard to compete with that.

Nothing like Japan though. Even being optimistic, Avatar will be 3.5x A:EG.

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Nothing like Japan though. Even being optimistic, Avatar will be 3.5x A:EG.

In terms of dollars?

Let's say EG does €30m in Spain (a 50% increase), what means $34m (1.13 XR)

Avatar did $110m in Spain, so Avatar would be 3.27 times bigger than EG in Spain...

Japan does have an advantage. Golden week, which is usually a week of holidays with some normal days in between is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event this year due to Emperor Akihito abdicating the throne. There will be 8 consecutive holidays, and 2 days for the weekend beforehand, where all schools and most workplaces are closed. 

This does not guarantee huge numbers for Endgame, but simply sets the stage up for perfect conditions for big numbers.

You can read more about it in Corpse's post from WoKJ:

A reminder about the unprecedented event that's about to occur in Japan:

The traditional Golden Week Holiday frame will begin on April 29th (Showa Day), as it always has, and will be followed with other national holidays on May 3rd (Constitution Day), May 4th (Greenery Day), and May 5th (Children's Day). Golden Week happens every year, to the surprise of no one who follows this thread, and is one of the three biggest weeks at the box-office along with New Year in January and Obon Festival in August.

However, this year's Golden Week Holiday frame is being expanded. On April 30th, Emperor Akihito is abdicating the chrysanthemum throne, and Crown Prince Naruhito will ascend the throne on May 1st. As a result of this, May 1st (typically not a holiday) will be a national holiday this year. And due to May 1st becoming a national holiday, April 30th and May 2nd (typically not holidays) also become national holidays because a day between two national holidays is then declared a holiday itself. And finally, May 6th (typically not a holiday) also becomes a national holiday because May 5th (a national holiday) falls on a Sunday, and when a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is declared a holiday! 

So, this year's Golden Week is basically from April 27th (accounting for the weekend) through May 6th with NO regular days. This means there will be an unprecedented 10-day period, a consecutive 8-day holiday frame, where all schools and most workplaces are closed. New Year and Obon Festival, and a normal Golden Week, are all week-long holiday frames, however, each of them have regular days within that week where either school or workplaces are open. 

Here is a look at each day coming up: 

April 27th - Weekend 
April 28th - Weekend
April 29th - Showa Day (National Holiday)
April 30th - Declared National Holiday (falls between holidays)
May 1st - National Holiday (New Emperor)
May 2nd - Declared National Holiday (falls between holidays)
May 3rd - Constitution Day (National Holiday)
May 4th - Greenery Day (National Holiday)
May 5th - Children's Day (National Holiday)
May 6th - Declared National Holiday (Monday after a holiday)

We won't see any official box-office numbers during this entire period, and probably won't get them until May 7th/8th. I'll be posting daily estimates along the way.

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

In terms of dollars?

Let's say EG does €30m in Spain (a 50% increase), what means $34m (1.13 XR)

Avatar did $110m in Spain, so Avatar would be 3.27 times bigger than EG in Spain...

I alway forget how big Avatar was in spain, that damm impressive.

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Japan does have an advantage. Golden week, which is usually a week of holidays with some normal days in between is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event this year due to Emperor Akihito abdicating the throne. There will be 8 consecutive holidays, and 2 days for the weekend beforehand, where all schools and most workplaces are closed. 

This does not guarantee huge numbers for Endgame, but simply sets the stage up for perfect conditions for big numbers.

You can read more about it in Corpse's post from WoKJ:

Yeah and one thing that A:EG has is that its no longer a superhero film. It has that feel of a Potter/LoTR/SW film which shall help it in Europe and Japan IMO. I still fear to go crazy big in there but this could do wonders there.

13 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Sets the new record for OD and single day in Hong Kong. 

To no one’s surprise, IW was the previous record holder

On 4/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, Olive said:

Hong Kong OD 10.47M HKD, 9% over TA2

New OD record

Wonder how much over the record was broken. Must be quite substantial base on @Olive PS report.

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

To no one’s surprise, IW was the previous record holder

Wonder how much over the record was broken. Must be quite substantial base on @Olive PS report.

Not sure about the average ticket price yet, but OD should be 18M+, or even 20M+. Actual will come out tomorrow. @Olive what’s your estimate?

• Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't know if Saturday of CM managed biggest single day perhaps.

Oh yeah, you’re right. I didn’t think to check CM cause I assumed it would not be bigger than an Avengers movie :P (my bad)

IW had the single day record before (in dollars, not admission it seems)

On 4/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, Olive said:

Saturday adm  138,857

admissions  lower than TA ,but tickets are way more expensive than 6 years ago.

New single day record!

Edit: I misread Olive’s post. IW is still the record holder. Olive meant CM got 90% of IW’s admissions, not +90%

Edited by Sam