kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Who can beat This monster in the next ten years?! 
Avatar 2 and new Avengers movie(imho)

Probably quite a few movies now. Reaching 2.8b will be alot easier now than it was 10 years ago. I'm guessing 3 movies will have done it by 2025

Edited by Chucky
  • Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So last update we had was in Oct 15, 2019. We would have Christmas season re-release in some countries and post Covid in some. This has given me some purpose in this boring dreaded time.

We might have crossed $2.8 Billion most likely or are close to do so.

when india will repopen its cinemas ? any  idea ?

On 10/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, cdsacken said:

If Avatar sequels don't beat this nothing will in the next decade. Slim chance of next huge conclusion to marvel films but even then I highly doubt it. Could hold a record as long as Titanic.

I guess Avatar will be re-released. 12 years gap and Cameron's ambition should be enough for it. And it does not need too much to outgross EG. I have doubts with Avatar sequels. I was convinced that it would not match the original success, but I do not have so clear now. It will be a really interesting run to follow.

Anyway, I agree that excepting Avatar sequels, I do not see anything with that potential during next years. Marvel's next ending? Who knows, but it is hard to repeat what this first saga has done. I mean: how can you make a bigger film than EG? Right now, I can only imagine one scenario: a Marvel-DC crossover. But that is a chimera.

• Thanks 1

I made research about the admissions in each countries for 5 films : AEG, Titanic, SW7, AIW and Avatar

Here my results

1. Titanic = 416M admissions

2. AEG = 409M admissions 

3. Avatar = 318M admissions 

4. AIW = 306M admissions 

5. SW7 = 282M admissions 

Of course these numbers are not 100% sure but they are close to reality 

Maybe one day, with a international re-release AEG could surpass Titanic, the future will tell

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LPLC said:

1. Titanic = 416M admissions

2. AEG = 409M admissions 

3. Avatar = 318M admissions 

4. AIW = 306M admissions 

5. SW7 = 282M admissions 

I think you arrived at result by using NA admissions from Mojo which are incorrect and UK which use similar method. Adjusting for just USA will see it close to what we have in the The Admissions Count Thread.

• Thanks 1

It is not obviously as complete as @charlie Jatinder numbers (thank you for your recopilation in the thread about global admissions), but to see the impact of EG (or any film since Titanic) in each market, I like a lot this link (I guess that @charlie Jatinder already knew about it):

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/Titanic.htm

It is in German, but I think it is easily understandable (figures given are admissions). It gives the ranking in admissions in each country since Titanic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Finished Avengers: Infinity War. Crossed 300 million admissions, 3rd Highest since Titanic 1997, ahead of Avatar.

Next up The Avengers, The Force Awakens, The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TH-Ls41nH4q1ap1ZLLdtIL7ZvBZLUPNyCBnGymiERFE/edit#gid=1848255489

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, Borobudur said:

Too bad I was not here last year....when the whole world went crazy on EG's run

It is time to revisit 300+ pages of history.....

It was the most interesting time in this thread

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is bit surprising. I thought The Avengers will be close to The Force Awakens but it fell short by some 35mn, with just 193mn admissions and inflation & ER adjusted gross in 2019 of $1.466 Billion at Avengers: Endgame ticket rates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TH-Ls41nH4q1ap1ZLLdtIL7ZvBZLUPNyCBnGymiERFE/edit#gid=223167057

Avengers: Endgame more than doubled the first film's footfalls worldwide, that's when the first film was supposedly peak of superhero genre. Unreal.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Avengers: Endgame more than doubled the first film's footfalls worldwide, that's when the first film was supposedly peak of superhero genre. Unreal.

I have just realized EG doubled TA in admissions in Spain, a not very good market for SH.

But the key jump is China: 12 million to 86. That is 74 million gap. To put into context, those 74 million mean, more or less, the amount of admissions that sold in USA+Canada films like Avatar or Shrek 2. It is an absurd jump.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, peludo said:

I have just realized EG doubled TA in admissions in Spain, a not very good market for SH.

But the key jump is China: 12 million to 86. That is 74 million gap. To put into context, those 74 million mean, more or less, the amount of admissions that sold in USA+Canada films like Avatar or Shrek 2. It is an absurd jump.

Yeah majority growth come in Asia but then Majority western countries have growth as well, which is highly unlikely for franchise film, as most franchise have their first film as highest footfalls, such as Potter, even LoTR in country like UK, Star Wars.

Even in USA admission grew from 63mn to 83mn while in UK went from 6.5mn to 10.5mn.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 2:27 AM, gfb said:

I wonder if we would be saying beating Avatar WW total is locked right now if Endgame had The Avengers exchange rates. Haven't done any math on that, and might do for fun later but I feel like we would. 

And wouldn't be able to say it's locked at all with Ultron ERs but I also wonder how would it look with Ultron ERs too.

So I did a math, yeah at The Avengers ticket prices and exchange rates, Endgame would have done $150mn more worldwide.

• Like 1