𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟳 = $2.755B (+23M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟴 = $2.770B (+15M)
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 = $2.795B

𝗗𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰: 850-858M
𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀: 1.930-1.942B
+ China: 627M
+ OS-China: 1.303-1.315B
𝗧𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹: 2.780-2.800B

Why can it only drop under 50% from the next week? Lots of competition in some next weeks

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

I don’t think 850 can happen before Labor Day, but it would be unwise to act too certain about the late legs already. FFH looks massively more connected to Endgame than AM&tW to IW, for instance. Maybe summer is relatively more help to an even longer movie, etc etc. Realistically the range should be like 825-865, but no one wants to hear that cause it’s pretty useless or say it because it makes you look unable to get a good range 😛 

• Like 4

Outside of the "A vs EG" realm, let's appreciate for a moment EG"s accomplishments.

EG is now the single MCU movie to have, not 3, but 4 $100M+ markets.

EG has now grossed more in any single market than any other MCU movie, be it IW, TA or BP. 

EG has passed Avatar DOM and has become the second highest grossing movie of all time. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I don’t think 850 can happen before Labor Day, but it would be unwise to act too certain about the late legs already. FFH looks massively more connected to Endgame than AM&tW to IW, for instance. Maybe summer is relatively more help to an even longer movie, etc etc. Realistically the range should be like 825-865, but no one wants to hear that cause it’s pretty useless or say it because it makes you look unable to get a good range 😛 

Judging by your comments, I guess you are in agreement that it's very likely to get a Labor Day expansion?

I just don't see how or why Disney wouldn't at this point, given the history and precedence of Labor Day weekend expansions. Heck, I'll be first in line to see it in IMAX that weekend if it's available. Perfect amount of time will have passed to go round 3.  

It's interesting that Endgame has made more domestic than Avatar, but Avatar made 2 billion overseas alone, and Endgame isn't making that overseas.

Even if Endgame makes more than Avatar worldwide, Avatar's overseas numbers are still untouchable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's interesting that Endgame has made more domestic than Avatar, but Avatar made 2 billion overseas alone, and Endgame isn't making that overseas.

Even if Endgame makes more than Avatar worldwide, Avatar's overseas numbers are still untouchable. 

80-100 million short its not untouchable , eg will be pretty close and could hit 2 bill os if it was a little less frontloaded, 1.9 bill os is pretty close to avatars os

Edited by john2000

8 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Judging by your comments, I guess you are in agreement that it's very likely to get a Labor Day expansion?

I just don't see how or why Disney wouldn't at this point, given the history and precedence of Labor Day weekend expansions. Heck, I'll be first in line to see it in IMAX that weekend if it's available. Perfect amount of time will have passed to go round 3.  

Yeah, I really don’t see why they wouldn’t. But Disney has surprised me on Labor Day before, so 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Not really surprising. Ticket price inflation has been really low and currency rates have plummeted.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Okey, what’s your point??

Another good hold for Endgame overseas. It still has small chances to beat Avatar's record by a few million.

Domestic: $842M

China: $627M

Rest: needs to be at least $1.319B to beat Avatar!

51 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Outside of the "A vs EG" realm, let's appreciate for a moment EG"s accomplishments.

EG is now the single MCU movie to have, not 3, but 4 $100M+ markets.

EG has now grossed more in any single market than any other MCU movie, be it IW, TA or BP. 

EG has passed Avatar DOM and has become the second highest grossing movie of all time. 

Another thing that just came to mind:

EG has made more money in China than TA & TLJ made domestically. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

Okey, what’s your point??

That Endgame may beat Avatar's numbers and may not beat Avatar's numbers at the same time. :)

It beats Avatar's domestic numbers, but it doesn't beat Avatar's overseas numbers despite beating Avatar worldwide. :)

Judging from domestic and overseas performance, even if end game follow IW's run from here, it will not beat Avatar, it will stuck at 2784m. And the trend is not looking good to have better hold than IW.

Despite John Wick 3 is not as big as Deadpool 2, EG still drops >50%, this kind of set the tone that how much will EG drop in the face of competition.  With Aladdin coming next week, which sure will be a bigger OS hit than bombed Solo. (Solo only did 170m OS-Ch), I can see next week drops harsher than IW's 55% when it faced Solo.

IW's droped only 27% OS-Ch in its 6th week when it faced zero competition, while EG needs to deal with could-be-gigantic Godzilla 2 and Rocketman in many markets. 

The 7th week doesn't seem to be in favour of EG, when EG need to battle two front with X-men and SLOP 2 while IW only need to deal with Ocean 8 which wasn't an OS-friendly film.   

All in factor could cause EG total to dip to 2.76b, it is totally now up to Marvel whether to top the crown or not. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Judging from domestic and overseas performance, even if end game follow IW's run from here, it will not beat Avatar, it will stuck at 2784m. And the trend is not looking good to have better hold than IW.

Despite John Wick 3 is not as big as Deadpool 2, EG still drops >50%, this kind of set the tone that how much will EG drop in the face of competition.  With Aladdin coming next week, which sure will be a bigger OS hit than bombed Solo. (Solo only did 170m OS-Ch), I can see next week drops harsher than IW's 55% when it faced Solo.

IW's droped only 27% OS-Ch in its 6th week when it faced zero competition, while EG needs to deal with could-be-gigantic Godzilla 2 and Rocketman in many markets. 

The 7th week doesn't seem to be in favour of EG, when EG need to battle two front with X-men and SLOP 2 while IW only need to deal with Ocean 8 which wasn't an OS-friendly film.   

All in factor could cause EG total to dip to 2.76b, it is totally now up to Marvel whether to top the crown or not. 

to disney you mean , and they will

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Based on latest update

𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟭 = $1.224B 
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟮 = $2.194B (+970M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟯 = $2.489B (+295M) 
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟰 = $2.617B (+128M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟱 = $2.692B (+75M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟲 = $2.732B (+40M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟳 = $2.755B (+23M)
𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝟴 = $2.770B (+15M)
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 = $2.795B

𝗗𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰: 850-858M
𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀: 1.930-1.942B
+ China: 627M
+ OS-China: 1.303-1.315B
𝗧𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹: 2.780-2.800B

How is week 4 to 5 drop suddenly only 42% when the previous week drop was 56%? Sounds unrealistic to me.

2 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

How is week 4 to 5 drop suddenly only 42% when the previous week drop was 56%? Sounds unrealistic to me.

Memorial Day weekend in the states. The 2nd(or 3rd) busiest movie going holiday of the year. 

IW made another $83 million after its 4th weekend, domestically. I believe Endgame will come in lower than that, around $70 million. After it's 4th weekend, IW faced (3) $50m+ openers in the next 5 weekends. Endgame will face at least 4 (Aladdin, KOTM, SLOP2, TS4) and potentially 6 (depending on Dark Phoenix and MIB numbers.) 

IW made another $72 million after its 4th weekend, OS. Again, I'm expecting Endgame to fall a short of this as well at $65 million. 

China is a big stink in all of this, as IW went on to make about $17 million more in China after its 4th weekend. Endgame didn't get an extension and will be done on the 23rd, so it might do $3-4 million more in the next 4 days.

All in all, I think Endgame finishes around $2.755 billion.

• Like 5