kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m truly wondering what theater chains will do about this, and I’m not talking just Dom, I’m talking worldwide. I know that I want to see Endgame before Far From Home, and I doubt that I’m alone in that.

It will still be in at least 500+ theatres at that point... 
If it weren't for Annebelle taking IMAX (which I never really understand when such films that have little spectacle got o IMAX), then I'd say Disney would have been smart to re-release EG in IMAX the weekend before FFH. Ah well. 

Will be interesting to see just what Disney does. 

They will have a little bit of leeway as they are opening Toy Story 4 next weekend and exhibitors might choose to keep EG, even if only in their smallest theatres, over some other more recent films just to appease Disney who quite frankly has been the reason exhibitors have been making most of their cash this year so far!

Also, with FFH opening with midnight only shows, I wonder how many theatres might run EG at 8-8:30 pm leading up to the midnight shows. 

Much like with CM the weeks prior to EG, we are kind of in uncharted territory here, as franchise films are rarely still playing in theatres when the next chapter of the franchise opens... so really, who knows!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I'm wondering what kind of effect FFH will bring to Endgame. A mild drop, a flat hold or an increase?

If I had to guess I would say a very small drop, maybe a slight increase. Who knows, perhaps it surprises us and really gives Endgame a temporary second wind. No matter what, I expect it to at least help it slightly.

FFH has a strange Monday opening in Australia. It will be interesting to see if theatres add Endgame screenings on the weekend before. It won’t add much but it will be interesting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

FFH has a strange Monday opening in Australia. It will be interesting to see if theatres add Endgame screenings on the weekend before. It won’t add much but it will be interesting. 

Considering it acts as a direct sequel I think they will add a couple more screens. Right now it's at 1450 theaters and most likely no more than 1 screen for each of those (2-3 showings each, depending on day and region). It will definitely lose a couple next weekend to Toy Story and Child's Play and Anna (because there are only so many to go around), so maybe 1000 for the June 21-23 weekend and then add 200 or so the week after, just before Spider-Man opens. There are only two wide releases right now over that weekend, June 28-30, so that will help.

And after this weekend and Charlie's Monday I'm confident in upgrading Endgame's range to $2.760-2.765 billion. Considering little over two weeks ago (before just about all the competition started bombing) we weren't even 100% sure of $2.75 billion, I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Considering it acts as a direct sequel I think they will add a couple more screens. Right now it's at 1450 theaters and most likely no more than 1 screen for each of those (2-3 showings each, depending on day and region). It will definitely lose a couple next weekend to Toy Story and Child's Play and Anna (because there are only so many to go around), so maybe 1000 for the June 21-23 weekend and then add 200 or so the week after, just before Spider-Man opens. There are only two wide releases right now over that weekend, June 28-30, so that will help.

And after this weekend and Charlie's Monday I'm confident in upgrading Endgame's range to $2.760-2.765 billion. Considering little over two weeks ago (before just about all the competition started bombing) we weren't even 100% sure of $2.75 billion, I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

2760 is wonderful for me already

7 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

It was perfect... no virgin incel leo di haan aka puke spirit.. no i am mating with a gorilla female erotic jimbo... no bill mahers uglyest cousin, yeah thats that jcscholar... no avatards whatsoever.. why the ban lifted? Lack drama ? Visit america!

TTVOMJ

:winomg::hahaha::jeb!:

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2019 at 4:55 AM, Nero said:

So if you beat Usain Bolt's record by 100 millisecond rather than say 1 minute or maybe more it's not amazing????? Dude if you break a record or even score 1 mark than a student who had highest marks on exam it's amazing cause no one else could achieve it..... You guys are just butthurt....

Completely different example entirely. Most those records have been made by a trickle. That's how it's always been and how it works for any kind of athletics.

That has not been the case here. Titanic didn't just beat Jurassic Park, it doubled its run and Avatar made half as much again as Titanic. It trounced them so soundly that it took a decade or more for either to be beaten.

So now you might have Endgame and at best it might trickle past it to nab the record. One that's stood for 10 years would be beaten purely by a trickle and because of inflation. It'd be #1 and yet would still be nowhere near as impressive as Avatar.

Avatar should remain#1 until something soundly beats it just as was the case when Star Wars trounced it's domestic record.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

44 minutes ago, scabab said:

Completely different example entirely. Most those records have been made by a trickle. That's how it's always been and how it works for any kind of athletics.

That has not been the case here. Titanic didn't just beat Jurassic Park, it doubled its run and Avatar made half as much again as Titanic. It trounced them so soundly that it took a decade or more for either to be beaten.

So now you might have Endgame and at best it might trickle past it to nab the record. One that's stood for 10 years would be beaten purely by a trickle and because of inflation. It'd be #1 and yet would still be nowhere near as impressive as Avatar.

Avatar should remain#1 until something soundly beats it just as was the case when Star Wars trounced it's domestic record.

Numbers! Who cares who is on top? Just give as biggest numberzzz... this isnt godfather site... we are not here for merit.. if minions 2 becomes n1 ww its not like it isnt too late for the world xD it will just give as a hell of a bo run to follow^^ noone can take away avatar/titanic time.. i was there xD its mine!!! Unforgattable...so stop clinging.  Elsa said let it go.. who are we to argue?

TTVOMJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Yet Titanic was also only beaten due to inflation. It sold far more tickets than Avatar. Actually Endgame sold more tickets than Avatar too. So how is it not impressive again?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yet Titanic was also only beaten due to inflation. It sold far more tickets than Avatar. Actually Endgame sold more tickets than Avatar too. So how is it not impressive again?

They're all impressive in their own way. AEG absolutely pummeled the old record and it's going to take some time before anything even approaches it's 1.2B+ OW. Titanic shattering the old record by 500M+ and when factoring in admissions, it's absolute champion of the BO. Avatar, with it's impressive 7 territories of 100M+ only Titanic is close. They all had wow factors where AEG was on OW while Avatar and Titanic with their legs.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

They're all impressive in their own way. AEG absolutely pummeled the old record and it's going to take some time before anything even approaches it's 1.2B+ OW. Titanic shattering the old record by 500M+ and when factoring in admissions, it's absolute champion of the BO. Avatar, with it's impressive 7 territories of 100M+ only Titanic is close. They all had wow factors where AEG was on OW while Avatar and Titanic with their legs.

Oh, definitely. I'm not actually trying to take anything away from the incredible run of Avatar, just pointing out that if you introduce arbitrary things like whether it "crushes" or "trickles past" to try to say one is not impressive, that the same sort of arguments can be used against all record breakers

• Like 3