kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Seeing people twerking and losing their shit to this funk remix of the Avengers theme was one of the most surreal experiences I had my entire life:

It’s not just the films, it’s the whole package. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has transcended geek culture and it’s truly popular culture beyond simply "pop" culture, imho.

I love Brazil

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

The most times I've ever seen a film in the cinema is twice. I'd never watch a film 3 times at the cinema. That's way too much. But 12? That is insane.

I watched Beauty and the Beast 22 times in total. Alita 16. :P

• Astonished 1

58 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Do you think it can go over $2.750B ??

I do not do predictions, I am here for the finals and the reasons for those. BOT's threads are a great resource for reasons, as many point out details per country I'd otherwise missed (e.g. weather, local events, bad translations, and so on). Plus the fast majority are rather nice people, lots of fun...

😉

• Like 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

So, with what we know now...Will Endgame beat Avatar worldwide?

That's exactly what 'we' (BOT, not me, see earlier post, I only 'know'/belief into finals) do not know 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

2 of the folks best in projections are @Fake and @ZeeSoh. @Charlie Jatinder has also a tracking sheet going on. Anyway let us wait for weekend OS number before we project. I think Europe will stabilize and you have brazil. Japan is anyway leggy and good for another 8-10m.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Not enough information, wouldn’t bet on it.

btw I think there wasn’t a year when I went to cinema twelve times, nevermind for one movie :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

Not enough information, wouldn’t bet on it.

btw I think there wasn’t a year when I went to cinema twelve times, nevermind for one movie :D

i would say that if its close disney will push the film

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Holy cow. I did not pencil you in a loony. I have not seen Alita and did not like Beat the 1st time. I prefer the animation movie.

Try and watch BatB a second time (I could list more than five objective reasons the live action version is better than the animated one). I often need a second view, especially when the movie is really something, as desires, anticipation, prejudices, ecc affect the first experience. Liked both Alita and BatB at just B+ levels (8/10), and totally fell in love at the second viewing.

You should really watch Alita, and notice the symbolism most couldn't see.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Try and watch BatB a second time (I could list more than five objective reasons the live action version is better than the animated one). I often need a second view, especially when the movie is really something, as desires, anticipation, prejudices, ecc affect the first experience. Liked both Alita and BatB at just B+ levels (8/10), and totally fell in love at the second viewing.

You should really watch Alita, and notice the symbolism most couldn't see.

I will check it out. Beast is on Netflix. These days its hard for me to go to theaters. So see fewer movies. I will see Alita on streaming. I found Avatar story underwhelming in repeat viewings and this was not even directed by him. After meh reviews I did not check it out.

I have not seen Aquaman yet. Got the DVD from library and seeing it today 🙂

On 5/13/2019 at 2:22 AM, Fake said:

Endgame will be at 2540M before the start of next weekend (Weekdays - 19M domestic, 6M China, 29M OS-C). So that leaves around 250M to beat Avatar. China should add another 15M after next Thursday, so WW-C needs to do further 235M.

Lets' have a comparison b/w IW and EG from 3rd weekend onwards:

IW DOM IW OS-C EG DOM EG OS-C
3rd weekend 62M 81M 63M 84M
weekdays 18.3M 28M 19M 29M
4th weekend 29.5M 32M    
further gross 83M 75M    
Multi frm 4th wknd 3.82x 3.34x    

IW had 3.56x multiplier from its WW-C weekend. EG probably won't get it that high, but 3.2x seems probable. Which means that if it can get 75M WW-C next weekend, it will gross further 165M.

Current projections:

EG DOM EG OS-C China Worldwide
Gross b/f 4th wknd 742M 1181.5M 616.5M 2540M
4th weekend 33M (-47.5%) 42M (-50%) 7M (-60%) 82M
further gross 80M (3.4X) 86M (3.05X) 7M* 173M
Multi frm 4th wknd 855M 1310M 630M 2795M

*without extension. If China gets extension, it will add further ~5M.

Thus, it is going to be very very close, but I am still favoring EG to surpass Avatar.

FYI. Last projection from @Fake. he is probably 5-10 too high between DOM and China.

Edited by keysersoze123

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the difference can be bigger and they still will  not as big as 80 million but around 20+ that can happen

I've said it before and I'm going to repeat it. 

It's very likely that if it needs a push, Disney will expand it on Labour Day weekend, probably into IMAX again. 

There is a long history of studios expanding on this weekend to push films to milestones, it will only be out Digitally at that point, not yet on DVD. 

Doing so will add as much as 10 million onto the domestic gross. 

Also, I'm not currently counting on a FFH bounce, because CM was way closer to AEG then AEG is to FFH and the competition is way more fierce so screens will be gone, but if Disney really wanted to be creative they could expand AEG the week before FFH releases. Only Annabelle and Yesterday opening that weekend, so a very soft weekend. 

These are just a couple of ways in which Disney can push domestically. 

I'm sure there are a whole bunch of options in other countries as well. 

Shame about China not getting an expansion though, considering it's still pulling good numbers this weekend. 

Avatar re-released almost 9 months into it's run, when it already set the world on fire and become #1 movie WW of all time. 

There is precedence for these kind of actions. 

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

It's very likely that if it needs a push, Disney will expand it on Labour Day weekend, probably into IMAX again. 

There is a long history of studios expanding on this weekend to push films to milestones, it will only be out Digitally at that point, not yet on DVD. 

Also, I'm not currently counting on a FFH bounce, because CM was way closer to AEG then AEG is to FFH and the competition is way more fierce so screens will be gone, but if Disney really wanted to be creative they could expand AEG the week before FFH releases. Only Annabelle and Yesterday opening that weekend, so a very soft weekend. 

Shame about China not getting an expansion though, considering it's still pulling good numbers this weekend. 

Avatar re-released almost 9 months into it's run, when it already set the world on fire and become #1 movie WW of all time. 

Too early to expand. its playing is 4200 theaters. theaters assign screens based on demand and despite it losing lots of screens its still playing in more screens than John Wick 3 in most plexes. Expansion happens once theater count is few hundreds and then expand to couple of thousand. I think August is the best time and only way it gets back IMAX and PLF is only after Lion King has slowed down. So mid August would be the right time. only Big film is Hobbs and Shaw.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

IW needed 20m to pass TFA to become highest grossing sequel/non-Jim movie and they didn’t do squat. True, this is something little different