kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

53 minutes ago, Quigley said:

EG can certainly out-gross Avatar. It's just has to stop dropping like a feather in a vacuum. I don't wanna get too emotionally invested in the possibility but it would be quite disappointing if it didn't get there after coming so close...

it has start to stabilize so thats a good thing , the drops were better this weekend

42 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Endgame will be over 2.7B by June 2nd and everyone will stop talking about it missing Avatar except Avatar stans.

Uhh... it definitely has a chance still, but there are a lot of reasonable paths past 2.7 by then which miss in the end. In fact if it’s too close to 2.7 by then it will practically be guaranteed to miss. 2.7 is less than half of the way there from where we are now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Where would it find around 90 million$$ more in June to pass Avatar ?

It will need about 80 million WW and have 3 months to do it with a labor day extension and every reason for Disney to fudge it across. 

IW made 80 million minus China after June 3rd 2018. If it's at anywhere above 2.7b June 2nd, it's over.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Uhh... it definitely has a chance still, but there are a lot of reasonable paths past 2.7 by then which miss in the end. In fact if it’s too close to 2.7 by then it will practically be guaranteed to miss. 2.7 is less than half of the way there from where we are now.

Personally I see it getting closer to 2.71B by then but sure if it's 2.695 or lower absolutely.

10 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I think 2.7B will be passed on May 29th. After June 2nd should be close to 2.73B.

If it's 2.725 or something like that after June 2nd it will be close to passing it by the end of June. I think that's about 15-20 million too high but we'll see. That would be awesome.

Edited by cdsacken

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

If it's 2.725 or something like that after June 2nd it will be close to passing it by the end of June. I think that's about 15-20 million too high but we'll see. That would be awesome.

The problem is that i based it on Infinity War, and that movie had an unsually large 4th weekdays in OS-China. 32M on weekend and 18M on weekdays, followed by 14M 5th weekend. Doesn't quite make sense, but it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Good thing you put DOM at a more reasonable level. Still think OS-China should be a little bit higher, like 1.300-1.310B. Can it touch 2.8B i wonder? Just for the sake of a new milestone

I don't understand the constant bickering around EG and it's legs. Whether it beats Avatar WW should be secondary, just enjoy this run. It has made nearly 600M more than IW and will finish over 700M. Think about that for a second, it's destroying IW WW, not one territory IW will beat EG. In some cases it won't be even close. With the constant arguing people lose sight of the bigger picture EG is over $2.6B WW, wait for a sec and think about that number. Who in the hell saw this performance coming.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, at b ginning of year I was thinking 2.2-2.5 and thinking myself pretty optimistic. 2.785 would be a bonkers result, but would also be such a tease 😛 

Edited by Thanos Legion

36 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Good thing you put DOM at a more reasonable level. Still think OS-China should be a little bit higher, like 1.300-1.310B. Can it touch 2.8B i wonder? Just for the sake of a new milestone

China is over 627 through Monday and presales barely changed today. It's going to have a tiny drop Tuesday and Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, at b ginning of year I was thinking 2.2-2.5 and thinking myself pretty optimistic. 2.785 would be a bonkers result, but would also be such a tease 😛 

We all know Disney has way too much pull to leave it 3 million short. It juiced a horrible film in a Wrinkle in Time by 1.7 million over a period of 5 days.

• Like 2