kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

No one. I was content with 2.4 Billion Worldwide.

It overperformed China by 125mn from my expectations, 125mn in Domestic & 125mn in Overseas.

China, Vietnam, South Korea, DOM all crazy.

I mean everyone was worried about Japan and it's gonna finish at 54 million there. That is nuts. IW did 33.8 million in Japan. What a monstrous jump for a country people were worried about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, druv10 said:

I don't understand the constant bickering around EG and it's legs. Whether it beats Avatar WW should be secondary, just enjoy this run. It has made nearly 600M more than IW and will finish over 700M. Think about that for a second, it's destroying IW WW, not one territory IW will beat EG. In some cases it won't be even close. With the constant arguing people lose sight of the bigger picture EG is over $2.6B WW, wait for a sec and think about that number. Who in the hell saw this performance coming.

I saw it doing much better than IW almost a year ago and it is actually in the first pages of this thread. I expected around 2.5-2.6 billion WW.

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It can't.

That's why posters are claiming Disney will cheat the numbers.

You hate your new house way too much. Just accept your new overlords. 

And how exactly will Disney "cheat" the numbers? They are not the only ones that track their movies.

Edited by salvador-232

9 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

You hate your new house way too much. Just accept your new overlords. 

And how exactly will Disney "cheat" the numbers? They are not the only ones that track their movies.

Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

yes. I am sure by hook or crook Disney will report that Endgame has beaten Avatar. Its inevitable. Suddenly you will see better ER or holds which are crazy good. This will include domestic as well.

Yes... but I expected the fudge to start from this weekend, however Disney "allowed" Endgame to drop over 50% both domestically and overseas.

Another 171M is required to reach Avatar. China will add 4M or so before its runs ends, so that leaves 167M. DOM and OS-C weekends were 30M and 40M respectively. Based on the current trends, I'd expect further 70M from DOM and 80M from OS-C. So Disney needs to fudge around 20M or so.

Endgame will be at 2643-2645M before weekend begins, 145M away from its target. So the next WW weekend must be over 40M to have a shot at Avatar.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaos said:

It needs to beat Avatar by at least 50 Mio to stay ahead. There will be a re-release of Avatar before the Sequel launches..

No need.. if it passes it by 1$ it made the headlines... then avatar re-release can make another headline taking back the crown.. win win scenario.. 8f i was disney i would literally pay 20m dolars worth of tickets which would mean around 50m converted to ww marketing only from the headlines... TTVOMJ

49 minutes ago, chaos said:

It needs to beat Avatar by at least 50 Mio to stay ahead. There will be a re-release of Avatar before the Sequel launches..

The thing I am bothering is that, what if Fox now Disney update the gross of Avatar for the re-releases in the past 10 years in various countries, if there were any. That could be the difference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The thing I am bothering is that, what if Fox now Disney update the gross of Avatar for the re-releases in the past 10 years in various countries, if there were any. That could be the difference.

why we assume that they will release avatar again ? the draw fro avatar 2 will be cameron himself not avatar 1 at least not much and for sec thing why should we care right now ? we are 2 years away and we are talking about eg,  anyway did you update your graph ? what do you see now ?

Edited by john2000

56 minutes ago, chaos said:

Nah if Disney wants to to re-release it a second time to hype Avatar 2 I can't blame them. Great for advertising it.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In Czech rep Avatar made at least $30k in years 2013-2015 and we are really small market, so it could be $30m ww

• Astonished 1

Avengers: Endgame is the 3rd and 10th highest grossing movie in a single territory

1: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (NA) - $936.7M

2: Wolf Warrior 2 (China) - $854.2M

3: Avengers: Endgame (NA) - $771.4M

4: Avatar (NA) - $760.5M

5: Black Panther (NA) - $700.1M

6: The Wandering Earth (China) - $691M

7: Avengers: Infinity War (NA) - $678.8M

8: Titanic (NA) - $659.4M

9: Jurassic World (NA) - $652.3M

10: Avengers: Endgame (China) - $626.1M

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Is there any reason to believe small scale re-releases here and there could add up to a significant unreported gross number?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

Avengers: Endgame is the 3rd and 10th highest grossing movie in a single territory

1: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (NA) - $936.7M

2: Wolf Warrior 2 (China) - $854.2M

3: Avengers: Endgame (NA) - $771.4M

4: Avatar (NA) - $760.5M

5: Black Panther (NA) - $700.1M

6: The Wandering Earth (China) - $691M

7: Avengers: Infinity War (NA) - $678.8M

8: Titanic (NA) - $659.4M

9: Jurassic World (NA) - $652.3M

10: Avengers: Endgame (China) - $626.1M

NA is not a single territory though. Canada is about 10% of NA population, so depending on how TFA performed in the US relative to Canada Wolf Warrior 2 could actually be ahead in the singly territory department. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

NA is not a single territory though. Canada is about 10% of NA population, so depending on how TFA performed in the US relative to Canada Wolf Warrior 2 could actually be ahead in the singly territory department. 

Us+Can is a single box office territory. Top single country grosses would look a bit different.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, druv10 said:

I don't understand the constant bickering around EG and it's legs. Whether it beats Avatar WW should be secondary, just enjoy this run. It has made nearly 600M more than IW and will finish over 700M. Think about that for a second, it's destroying IW WW, not one territory IW will beat EG. In some cases it won't be even close. With the constant arguing people lose sight of the bigger picture EG is over $2.6B WW, wait for a sec and think about that number. Who in the hell saw this performance coming.

Before Endgame opened, I went over in my head what could its extreme high end as well as crazy performance would be in certain territories. 

For example I thought its extreme high end in USA would be 800-850, 500 in China and 1300 OS-Ch. My crazy expectations were 900 in Dom, 600 in China and 1400 Os-Ch. 

its going to meet the extreme high end numbers everywhere and crazy numbers in China. Something I thought impossible. 

It also shows how crazy its performance has been in China. More than a 66% jump. If any country has helped EG and gone crazy for it, it’s China. Compare that to just a 23.5% or so increase domestically and about 29-30% jump OS-Ch. 

At the end of the day whether it overtakes Avatar or not (I dont think it will btw) is irrelevant to me. Its performance has already been mind blowing. No one on this forum or on reddit or any fan forum thought it would reach this high before the presales started. Heck I even entertained the possibility that it might gross lower than infinity War and may end up below 2b mark before presales. Because Infinity War had already grossed so much (35% higher than the next highest MCU movie) I thought it difficult that this would go any higher. I mean its gonna gross 80% more than Avengers, a movie many thought for years as the highest a SH movie can go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree it has exceeded craziest expectations and some. But people here are greedy. its like those folks who were disappointed that TFA did not gross 1B domestic after it looks locked after opening week. 🙂

There were people who were thinking”1B for sure” after it didn’t crack 250? Now those are some pretty wild expectations.

• Like 1