kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

1881. Not 1883

K...whatever you say.. but few h ago when i last checked bom it said 1883.something ... if it counted monday we still dont know...i dont know how you are sure of it..i mean i am interested since i am still in 15m-17.3m OS-C weekend dilemma

Edit: oh right.. it must have counted monday.. you are correct.. my bad

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Recheck

Is that new updated BOM number for OS up to Wednesday or Thursday? It says as of May 30, suggests Thursday, 

looks like the number could be an estimate. Anyway, it looks pretty strong if it's just till Wednesday, not so strong if it includes Thursday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

K...whatever you say.. but few h ago when i last checked bom it said 1883.something ... if it counted monday we still dont know...i dont know how you are sure of it..i mean i am interested since i am still in 15m-17.3m OS-C weekend dilemma

Edit: oh right.. it must have counted monday.. you are correct.. my bad

TTVOMJ

Once again there is no dilemma, 1883 included Monday, and the 17.3 million was the weekend (Friday-Sunday, but it's more complicated than that as some countries report the weekend differently, so Monday-Thursday+Friday-Sunday might not always give the correct Monday-Sunday number for that week, it is what it is), nothing to do with the 2.2 million it apparently made on Monday. And based on these new numbers it seemed to have made about 4 million or so Tuesday and Wednesday combined, which tracks.

Also pretty sure you DON'T want me to be wrong about the $2.2 million Monday (which by the way Charlie gave us on Tuesday, you can go back and check) because that would mean Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday was a grand total of $4+ million, and to call that miserable would be an understatement. Endgame might be dropping, but it's not dropping THAT hard.

And I'm not pushing anything (in regard to what you were extremely falsely assuming earlier), just reading the numbers, actually reading the numbers, discussing box office. Try and separate the movie from the data, leave any bias at the door.

So what will it be, was I (and the others who said Monday was 2.2) wrong about Monday being part of the $1.883 billion and Endgame made just $4.3 million Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, or was I not and it actually made a decent if not higher than expected $6.5 million or so over those 3 days? Don't know about you but I want to believe the latter of those two because the first is way too dire. You can't have it both ways, you have to chose and maybe next time think twice before accusing others of things you imagined.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Is that new updated BOM number for OS up to Wednesday or Thursday? It says as of May 30, suggests Thursday, 

looks like the number could be an estimate. Anyway, it looks pretty strong if it's just till Wednesday, not so strong if it includes Thursday.

It's too soon for Thursday numbers, so even if it's just estimates (the round number sure suggests that) it has to just be up to and including Wednesday.

56 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Strong even if it included Thursday

42 minutes ago, Moses said:

It will be around 2718 after weekend

70 millions away from Avatar

So you're saying it will do $24 million Thursday-Friday-Saturday and Sunday? You won't like it, but I'm going to say it, that's just about impossible to hit based on where we are at (and the numbers we currently hold).

Let me explain. So let's assume the absolute best case scenario, Endgame is flat on Thursday, $1.3 million in NA and I don't know, maybe $2 million OS (which is way too much but we'll go with this just to prove a point). So that's $2,697.7 million going into the weekend. So to get to your $2,718 million we need an additional $20.3 million from international and domestic, Friday-Sunday. Do you see where there might be a problem with that number? $2.715 million is the most you can get (and yes, even that $3 million difference means a lot at this point, ever last dollar counts when you're dealing with percentages), but realistically it might fall shorter because we have too many variables for my liking when going for educated predictions that are supposed to be as accurate as humanly possible with the data at hand.

So as long as our current numbers check out ($2,694.4 million worldwide up to and including Wednesday) and what we think the OS weekdays are somewhat correct (it's the $6.5 million instead of the $4.3 million for Monday-Wednesday, read above) then the range should be $2.713-2.715 billion, which would be a very good week considering what it will go up against in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Massive theater count drop for DOM. My optimism has plummeted 

What's the number? What are we talking? Also theaters =/= screens and showings. Theaters are important, screens are even more important and showings, well it's no use having 1000 theaters if each of those only shows your movie on 1 screen that has just 1 showing every day.

The theater count drop is, as you might have guessed, mostly from smaller cities across the country with smaller multiplexes that don't have enough screens for all the movies still in theaters and those coming this weekend. Those markets are generally a small percentage of grosses, so you shouldn't worry about those too much.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Once again there is no dilemma, 1883 included Monday, and the 17.3 million was the weekend (Friday-Sunday, but it's more complicated than that as some countries report the weekend differently, so Monday-Thursday+Friday-Sunday might not always give the correct Monday-Sunday number for that week, it is what it is), nothing to do with the 2.2 million it apparently made on Monday. And based on these new numbers it seemed to have made about 4 million or so Tuesday and Wednesday combined, which tracks.

Also pretty sure you DON'T want me to be wrong about the $2.2 million Monday (which by the way Charlie gave us on Tuesday, you can go back and check) because that would mean Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday was a grand total of $4+ million, and to call that miserable would be an understatement. Endgame might be dropping, but it's not dropping THAT hard.

And I'm not pushing anything (in regard to what you were extremely falsely assuming earlier), just reading the numbers, actually reading the numbers, discussing box office. Try and separate the movie from the data, leave any bias at the door.

So what will it be, was I (and the others who said Monday was 2.2) wrong about Monday being part of the $1.883 billion and Endgame made just $4.3 million Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, or was I not and it actually made a decent if not higher than expected $6.5 million or so over those 3 days? Don't know about you but I want to believe the latter of those two because the first is way too dire. You can't have it both ways, you have to chose and maybe next time think twice before accusing others of things you imagined.

I edited it.. i dont know what you mean or why you quoted me if i corrected myself.. what i do know is that you are now saying what we all know because back then when i posted the pushing agenda thing we didnt have 1887m number..now that we do its easier to extrapolate what you just did duh... also you quoted me for a completely random thing which i edited after recalculating 17 second after i remembered first OS-C weekend numbers reported were 1879 which after adding 2m meant it WAS 1881 as darthruong corrected me... i dont have bias... wtf is bias? Bias is for the weak... i just wait for the numbers and you kept pushing yours before we were certain what they were..

TTVOMJ

21 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

So you're saying it will do $24 million Thursday-Friday-Saturday and Sunday? You won't like it, but I'm going to say it, that's just about impossible to hit based on where we are at (and the numbers we currently hold).

Let me explain. So let's assume the absolute best case scenario, Endgame is flat on Thursday, $1.3 million in NA and I don't know, maybe $2 million OS (which is way too much but we'll go with this just to prove a point). So that's $2,697.7 million going into the weekend. So to get to your $2,718 million we need an additional $20.3 million from international and domestic, Friday-Sunday. Do you see where there might be a problem with that number? $2.715 million is the most you can get (and yes, even that $3 million difference means a lot at this point, ever last dollar counts when you're dealing with percentages), but realistically it might fall shorter because we have too many variables for my liking when going for educated predictions that are supposed to be as accurate as humanly possible with the data at hand.

So as long as our current numbers check out ($2,694.4 million worldwide up to and including Wednesday) and what we think the OS weekdays are somewhat correct (it's the $6.5 million instead of the $4.3 million for Monday-Wednesday, read above) then the range should be $2.713-2.715 billion, which would be a very good week considering what it will go up against in the next couple of days.

I dont know why you put that much effort into such obvious things o.o seriously.. not like you are getting payed to tell us 20m+ ww weekend is a pipe dream, but why are we here if not to dream big? Everything else IS the definition of ordinary and often less interesting.. so wtf?xD most of us here know this is just hope.. but before you _calculate_ some more.. i will only tell you that hoping for big when dealing with these kinds of once in a decade numbers shouldnt be strange or up to debate.. why? All big timers had late legs... yeah yeah.. competition...screens... we will see ;)

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

20 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

I dont know why you put that much effort into such obvious things o.o seriously.. not like you are getting payed to tell us 20m+ ww weekend is a pipe dream, but why are we here if not to dream big? Everything else IS the definition of ordinary and often less interesting.. so wtf?xD most of us here know this is just hope.. but before you _calculate_ some more.. i will only tell you that hoping for big when dealing with these kinds of once in a decade numbers shouldnt be strange or up to debate.. why? All big timers had late legs... yeah yeah.. competition...screens... we will see ;)

TTVOMJ

its internet. people get great pleasure in correcting others. Dont deny us that pleasure. :Venom:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it can top 2.720B by Sunday.

Domestic will probably be about 817-818M

OS-China will be at 1.902-1.903B

Let me explain, so far it has grossed 6.6M for Mon-Tue-Wed, 2.2M each, so just say 2.2 as well for Thu to get 1.890B entering the weekend. That's 8.5M weekdays. During the same period last year, Infinity War made 4M and got 10M for the weekend. Here is where things get complicated. EG is shown on Mojo as 1.883B by last Sunday (not including Mon), so what if the similar thing happened with IW (skewed weekdays as Mon was excluded). So it's more fair if i only use Tue-Wed-Thu for EG, which is 6.6M vs 4M of IW. 

Where will the weekend land then? 10/4 = 250%. Assuming competition drag EG down to 200%, that's 13.2M. I fail to see otherwise.

Or take it this way, OS Thu-Weekend multi ratio has always fall around 5-6x. Assuming 2M for Thursday, that's 10-12M. 

Dom + OS Weekend should be around 20-21M

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I think it can top 2.720B by Sunday.

Domestic will probably be about 817-818M

OS-China will be at 1.902-1.903B

Let me explain, so far it has grossed 6.6M for Mon-Tue-Wed, 2.2M each, so just say 2.2 as well for Thu to get 1.890B entering the weekend. That's 8.5M weekdays. During the same period last year, Infinity War made 4M and got 10M for the weekend. Here is where things get complicated. EG is shown on Mojo as 1.883B by last Sunday (not including Mon), so what if the similar thing happen with IW (skewed weekdays as Mon is excluded). So it's more fair if i only use Tue-Wed-Thu for EG, which is 6.6M vs 4M of IW. 

Where will the weekend land then? 10/4 = 250%. Assuming competition drag EG down to 200%, that's 13.2M. I fail to see otherwise.

Or take it this way, OS Thu-Weekend multi ratio has always fall around 5-6x. Assuming 2M for Thursday, that's 10-12M. 

Dom + OS Weekend should be around 20-21M

Didnt we just extrapolate that sunday number was 1881m? Are we again back on square one?:'(

TTVOMJ

FYI part of wednesday(like for france) is part of weekend. Significant part of thursday(so many countries have 4 day weekend) is also part of weekend. few countries like Japan report 2 day weekend and so tiny part of friday is not part of weekend. But its not thu + weekend for sure.

Also take Korea. It crashed like 2/3 on thursday bcos wednesday was culture day. Japan also has special discount on wednesday and so thursday tanks a bit. So dont expect thursday to stay flat. Sorry for being Pedantic:Venom:

• Thanks 1