kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think the drop will get better as its playing in leggy markets. But number of markets making significant coin is probably in single digit and going down.

Best way to look at week and week gross and see where it will end up. if the actual previous week was 1881, it has done around 17m over past 7 days. I think around 25m additional BO(that would be around 40% drop as average) is a good bet.

Domestic it grossed 8 million last weekend. I would say around 20m more with much better holds. So its looking at 45m without any major expansion.

So looking at finishing under $2760m.

we will see , really all this talks are pointless as of now, as we have only a range about where the movie will end up, and even that it is a speculation, so i would  say the best is to wait and see, and also we dont know if disney will do something, so 

we will know more in the next 2 weeks, as to where it will end up with

Edited by john2000

Without expansion endgame will finish around 99% of avatar gross so disney could easily win this battle with expansion. I don't expect that there will be a major expansion, but i don't understnad why disney will give up, it's so close...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Without expansion endgame will finish around 99% of avatar gross so disney could easily win this battle with expansion. I don't expect that there will be a major expansion, but i don't understnad why disney will give up, it's so close...

more like a re release , but yeah i agree

5 minutes ago, movieboner said:

I don't think Avengers Endgame will get a rerelease on labour Day weekend. It'll be out in BluRay and Digital HD already which is similar to Infinity War last year.

maybe it wont, we will see,everything is a speculation at this point

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, movieboner said:

I don't think Avengers Endgame will get a rerelease on labour Day weekend. It'll be out in BluRay and Digital HD already which is similar to Infinity War last year.

This talking point has been said a dozen times. Rereleases come out after Blu Ray release. Expansions are different and less effective. They will need to give it time to get all the dollar theater money it can then do it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

I don't see why Disney would rerelease the film. The MCU moves forward with Homecoming, new MCU movies come out next year. Releasing the "finale" again in my opinion wouldn't make sense.

Avatar rerelease made sense to you? It was already a billion ahead. It was highest all time. There was no need for a Special Edition. 

Edit: maybe for you 10m more USD ain't nothing but ask Brightburn or Booksmart.

This weekend, A:EG sold 175k tickets in Mexico passing Coco and Disney made ticket so much cheaper that #7 Endgame has sold more tickets than Rocketman which is #3 on weekend chart.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I think avatar being number 1 is better for Disney than endgame 

just for the fact they can use it too market avatar 2

Biggest movie of all time. The sequel 

MCU doesn’t need that. People will watch regardless and there won’t another avengers for another 4-5 years 

• Disbelief 1

Since Disney anyway is going to stream through Disney+, I dont think beating Avatar matters as @Minnale101 is saying. They will give it a shot but wont be desperate about it. If disney did not buy Fox they would try harder for sure.

Anyway they can use the biggest single run grosser or something like that. But that is not as marketable as biggest of all time.

• Like 1

When it looked like a 10-15 mil miss I thought they’d go for it, now that it seems more 25-35 miss I’m more skeptical.     

Aside from Disney special action the run in essentially over now - not that there’s no more money to be made, but the uncertainty in its landing zone if like 1%. It’ll be more than 33% over every other movie from the 2010s, and might not be matched until the late 2020s. That’s far more than good enough.

Edited by Thanos Legion

37 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Since Disney anyway is going to stream through Disney+, I dont think beating Avatar matters as @Minnale101 is saying. They will give it a shot but wont be desperate about it. If disney did not buy Fox they would try harder for sure.

Anyway they can use the biggest single run grosser or something like that. But that is not as marketable as biggest of all time.

Ok, the Last post to make my point of the rerelease.

COCO is owned by DISNEY too. There was no point in what Disney did with AEG. It already had two crowns in Mexico: highest USD, highest LC but they went for admission too.

Someone explain this: They released Coco twice to let it reach that height in Mexico and then they themselves... made AEG break it faster by having a week-long discount. I mean why? Money earned today is a lot more beneficial than earned two years later.

Endgame will set up fatigue, many people aren't as excited for MCU Phase 4 as they are for Avatar 2. If anything, There are many more MCU movies releasing before Avatar 2, which will decide the Future of MCU itself. Tell me who need the Crown more? Something coming out in 2021 or A whole year of MCU movies which may be a hit or miss. OG Avengers are gone now.

Edited by Shanks
Words.
  • Like 2

I can only speak for my own experience 

I don’t know anyone personally in any irl friend group I’m in mention avatar 2. Everyone talks about the MCU

only time I hear anything about avatar 2 is on this site 

mcu still loads of hype going into  phrase 4 seems to me it has a ton of hype 

coco was based on Mexican culture, so trying to break record in Mexico makes a lot of sense 

10 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I can only speak for my own experience 

I don’t know anyone personally in any irl friend group I’m in mention avatar 2. Everyone talks about the MCU

only time I hear anything about avatar 2 is on this site 

mcu still loads of hype going into  phrase 4 seems to me it has a ton of hype 

coco was based on Mexican culture, so trying to break record in Mexico makes a lot of sense 

the problem is, what if tha avatar sequels, dont come even close to avatar 1? if so then disney will have miss their best chance to have the ww record 

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Wdym ? Avatar is their record. They bought fox 

avatar 1 will still be a fox movie in record books, bought it or not they had nothing to do with avatar 1, they own the fhranchise yes, but they wont own avatar 1, disney didnt contribute that movie

Edited by john2000