kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Sure if they want to end up 17m short which is easy to obtain with a global rerelease.

It would make zero sense but maybe that happens.

We're talking about different things here. An expansion is not going to happen if EG is already out on home video. A re-release could potentially happen anytime from now until whenever movie-going dies out. There are some possible good times for a re-release in the near future - awards season if it gets some nominations, director's cut in 1 year, 5/10/15/20 year anniversary, etc. But until Disney actually announces something it's purely hypothetical so there's not much to discuss on that front.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Will cross $2750mn on 24th June and I expect $2.765-2.77 Billion full run. I expect a expansion to take it over $850mn domestic, which will take it to $2.77-2.75 Billion. I can't believe that overseas, there will be any expansion or do anything considerable.

So we are likely to fall $10-15mn short of Avatar.

Funny thing, Avatar as per Indian trade grossed $16mn in India while Fox as it at $24.5mn. So I don't know if they did similar thing with non-tracked markets. May be we are given some adjustment, as The Lion King gave during Zootopia.

doubt it, if they will push it, it will be with a re release at least os, you yourself said that too, that a re realease in august should it, and that it could add 15-20 mill, so what changed in one week ? if dom can add 5 million, i am sure as hell that os can make double (10 mill), it would be weird for disney to not do anything, 10-20 mill is easy to push,plus what would be the reason to (as you said) to push dom but not do a rerelease, to try to push is os ? there are no other major milestones dom, so IF they will push it dom as you said, they will push it os

PS but enough with this, we are in an uncharted territory, so all this talk is meaningless, it depends on disney

Edited by john2000

I'm all for still having faith but also let's be reasonable here, those numbers Charlie threw out there, in my opinion, are cray cray! If you read this don't take my words the wrong way Charlie, you're great, but when it comes to Endgame I don't think you can be pragmatic or objective. Case in point, after Endgame's 2nd weekend Charlie was still predicting Endgame would break the current WW record over the Memorial Day weekend, which by the way, was three weeks ago (the Memorial Day weekend, not his prediction, which was made about two weeks before MDW ). And that was despite the numbers telling a completely different story, that the movies would be neck-a-neck in what was at the time looking like a photo finish for Endgame, so more like end of June, sometime in July. But that was then and this is now, and now is a lot less close than the numbers suggested it would be after weekend 2.

I'm sticking with the last number I came down to, which is $2.757 billion, but I do agree that with a late expansion it could get to 2.76. But 2.77 billion is straight up crazy town, sorry but nothing the numbers are doing right now is suggesting anywhere near that. Even my numbers are heavily dependent on Disney making at least one big push (which by the way, the movie will need to reach $840 million in North America). And I now think that push might come sooner than we initially thought, because if they wait too long it might be too little and definitely too late to make much of a difference. This is not a Captain Marvel situation, not even in the same solar system as that was.

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

I'm all for still having faith but also let's be reasonable here, those numbers Charlie threw out there, in my opinion, are cray cray! If you read this don't take my words the wrong way Charlie, you're great, but when it comes to Endgame I don't think you can be pragmatic or objective. Case in point, after Endgame's 2nd weekend Charlie was still predicting Endgame would break the current WW record over the Memorial Day weekend, which by the way, was three weeks ago (the Memorial Day weekend, not his prediction, which was made about two weeks before MDW ). And that was despite the numbers telling a completely different story, that the movies would be neck-a-neck in what was at the time looking like a photo finish for Endgame, so more like end of June, sometime in July. But that was then and this is now, and now is a lot less close than the numbers suggested it would be after weekend 2.

I'm sticking with the last number I came down to, which is $2.757 billion, but I do agree that with a late expansion it could get to 2.76. But 2.77 billion is straight up crazy town, sorry but nothing the numbers are doing right now is suggesting anywhere near that. Even my numbers are heavily dependent on Disney making at least one big push (which by the way, the movie will need to reach $840 million in North America). And I now think that push might come sooner than we initially thought, because if they wait too long it might be too little and definitely too late to make much of a difference. This is not a Captain Marvel situation, not even in the same solar system as that was.

....  nevermind, i am tired of arguing with this shit, both sides have valid points but without any info whatsoever

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

guys its too earaly to start talk about a re release or not, let us see first where the movie will end up, for sure, and then we start talking, we make circles without any result,but plz some people need to stop be so confindent about what can and cant happen, , opinions are valid, there is no my opinion is more realistic than yours and etc, stop bc you think that something cant happen that doesnt mean that it cant, at the end some of you maybe right but to talk without any valid info but based only from a personal opinion, while fun at  first, this discussion has become useless now,the movie by itself will prove some of us right or wrong, from the moment that we dont have enough info to determine where the movie will end up, as of now the range seems to be 2750-2770, we have even less info about what a studio(disney) is willing to do or not

Edited by john2000

Spoiler

I get what you are saying but I don't think the second weekend sad a whole lot, more so the second week + 3rd weekend.

Because 2.19B after it's second weekend, doing 980m from Monday to Sun. It needed 600m more after it's second weekend, with a $432m second weekend. So these numbers where sugesting it to pass avatar. 

Still we should have know that it woudl be extremely frontloaded and it's 3rd weekend drop made it close to Avatar WW number, it's 4-5th weekend made almost impossible. So the big part was the frontloading especialy a lot more than IW, something we could have expected because of the extreme rush factor, but EG has even beter wom than IW, still the older audience wasn't there. 

Edited by pepsa

28 minutes ago, pepsa said:
  Hide contents

I get what you are saying but I don't think the second weekend sad a whole lot, more so the second week + 3rd weekend.

Because 2.19B after it's second weekend, doing 980m from Monday to Sun. It needed 600m more after it's second weekend, with a $432m second weekend. So these numbers where sugesting it to pass avatar. 

Still we should have know that it woudl be extremely frontloaded and it's 3rd weekend drop made it close to Avatar WW number, it's 4-5th weekend made almost impossible. So the big part was the frontloading especialy a lot more than IW, something we could have expected because of the extreme rush factor, but EG has even beter wom than IW, still the older audience wasn't there. 

it was but still it can increase the demographic so much, 700 million more as increase is HUGE, that means that it brought othedr demographics too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepsa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Because 2.19B after it's second weekend, doing 980m from Monday to Sun. It needed 600m more after it's second weekend, with a $432m second weekend. I

Well if you were looking just at the full 7 days yes, you would think so, but looking strictly at the weekend, at that 2nd weekend, it became clear it would drop very hard over the next week. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now but from what I remember Monday to Thursday was more than twice Friday to Sunday. And yes, I know Monday to Thursday was hugely propped up by China's absolutely mind blowing numbers that week (because it was a holiday and everyone and I mean everyone came in droves to watch Endgame), but apparently many forgets this when looking at the bigger picture. When cherry-picking it was all nice and dandy, but once you really broke it down and looked at everything that 2nd weekend made it clear 3 billion was a pipe dream and that the race to the WW record would be very tight. And as it turns out I was right to think so, since the following Monday to Sunday was less than a third of the previous one. Like I said, painted a pretty clear picture if you knew where to look.

But whatever, this probably makes me sound like a know-it-all asshole who would rather type 200 words instead of saying "I told you so". This could not be further from the truth, because this time more than ever I really didn't want to be right, and shoving it in other's faces is the last thing I want to do. But then I see people making the same mistakes all over again and I come back on here to say my piece. Some agree, others don't, and round and round we go. Sorry for the rant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Well if you were looking just at the full 7 days yes, you would think so, but looking strictly at the weekend, at that 2nd weekend, it became clear it would drop very hard over the next week. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now but from what I remember Monday to Thursday was more than twice Friday to Sunday. And yes, I know Monday to Thursday was hugely propped up by China's absolutely mind blowing numbers that week (because it was a holiday and everyone and I mean everyone came in droves to watch Endgame), but apparently many forgets this when looking at the bigger picture. When cherry-picking it was all nice and dandy, but once you really broke it down and looked at everything that 2nd weekend made it clear 3 billion was a pipe dream and that the race to the WW record would be very tight. And as it turns out I was right to think so, since the following Monday to Sunday was less than a third of the previous one. Like I said, painted a pretty clear picture if you knew where to look.

But whatever, this probably makes me sound like a know-it-all asshole who would rather type 200 words instead of saying "I told you so". This could not be further from the truth, because this time more than ever I really didn't want to be right, and shoving it in other's faces is the last thing I want to do. But then I see people making the same mistakes all over again and I come back on here to say my piece. Some agree, others don't, and round and round we go. Sorry for the rant.

still there is no need, to repeat yourself though, i think that the movie without push will make around 2770, you say otherwise and still that wont change my mind, we will see who will be wrong at the end and thats fine,

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it was but still it can increase the demographic so much, 700 million more as increase is HUGE, that means that it brought othedr demographics too

Endgame did what up until now we thought would be impossible. No one can deny that. And good luck to anyone trying to find a logical explanation for what actually happened. Me personally I just put it down to Endgame reaching the zeitgeist, like Avatar did before it, and before that Titanic and before that Jurassic Park and so on.

And as far as why it won't beat the record, put it down to being the right movie at the wrong time. As strange as that sounds it's absolutely the truth.

5 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Endgame did what up until now we thought would be impossible. No one can deny that. And good luck to anyone trying to find a logical explanation for what actually happened. Me personally I just put it down to Endgame reaching the zeitgeist, like Avatar did before it, and before that Titanic and before that Jurassic Park and so on.

And as far as why it won't beat the record, put it down to being the right movie at the wrong time. As strange as that sounds it's absolutely the truth.

edit

Edited by john2000

It OPENED with 357M for god sake. The second weekend drop was fine. The rest of the run is unpredictable. 

Some went with an optimistic patterns, some went with a pessimistic ones.

Charlie said that about the MDW because based on the figures present at that particular point, it was possible. Nothing is right or wrong here, people just take different approaches. If you were correct and continously so, congrats. But there's no need to continue ranting repeatedly at other's projections because whatever's going to happen in the future are just possibilities. 

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

It OPENED with 357M for god sake. The second weekend drop was fine. The rest of the run is unpredictable. 

Some went with an optimistic patterns, some went with a pessimistic ones.

Charlie said that about the MDW because based on the figures present at that particular point, it was possible. Nothing is right or wrong here, people just take different approachs. If you were correct and continously so, congrats. But there's no need to continue ranting repeatedly at other's projections because whatever's going to happen in the future are just possibilities. 

agreed, especially when we are talking about a re release, where he have 0 info , if it will happen or how it will get there

Edited by john2000

15 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

True. 2018 the record would probably fall. Exchange rates in China, Venezuela, Turkey and Brazil would push it a bit more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexMA said:

I gave the numbers :) EG had a $432m second weekend, not the week. The week was $980m. It did include some contries 4 day weekend and a few 5 day. That said it only needed 1.4 times it's second weekend.

That said indeed china was very big and we knew the drop would be huge the next week. So the 3rd weekend indeed made it very clear it was going to be very close. For it being a thrid that was in line with IW I thought so wasn't super alarming but the days after it dropped faster. + it not getting a extention in china might have took people by suprise. So I am going to say I didn't see in in it's second weekend but by it's 3rd I could clearly see the nail biter. Probs for you seeing it on the second weekend ! 🙂    

1 hour ago, JimiQ said:

True. 2018 the record would probably fall. Exchange rates in China, Venezuela, Turkey and Brazil would push it a bit more

Yup. Especially with Venezuela. The ER already collapsed this year compare to last year. If it didnt happen, the OS of EG so far automatically + $10-11M at least. 

Using 2018 numbers alone puts it above, 2009 numbers.......good god. Can't even imagine. Europe would be way higher, Latin America way higher. 

But those are just possibilities not what happened. Avatar coming out a couple years earlier probably does 500m less but it didn't and came out at the perfect time.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Using 2018 numbers alone puts it above, 2009 numbers.......good god. Can't even imagine. Europe would be way higher, Latin America way higher. 

But those are just possibilities not what happened. Avatar coming out a couple years earlier probably does 500m less but it didn't and came out at the perfect time.

anyway, one thing is for sure the only chance for endgame to get the ww record is with a re release

• Like 1