kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Crazy talk. 2.8b probably isn't happening with global re release

I agree with this, I just want to make it quite clear. What "it's done" it's the worldwide record. With only a domestic re-release, what we might get is up to $2.8B tops.

I understand that the general correlation between ERs and inflation may have been seen several times, but the more important thing is how reality actually is in the specific cases.

When the average ticket price for an animated movie was 8+ in 2010 and is 7- nine years later (talking about Italy) you don't have much to argue.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Let’s stop this whole “re-release” nonsense. It’s not a rerelease. They’re adding some post credit stuff. Nothing new in the film. Won’t even boost the numbers 10% going forward.

yeah sure, if you say so

Edited by john2000

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Let’s stop this whole “re-release” nonsense. It’s not a rerelease. They’re adding some post credit stuff. Nothing new in the film. Won’t even boost the numbers 10% going forward.

That's hard to say. Depends if they add theaters. But yeah small increase and post credits content is not a re release

Why don't we wait and see theater counts and initial numbers before assuming 10%.

That's like saying Lion King lock for 2B 

Edited by cdsacken

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

I understand that the general correlation between ERs and inflation may have been seen several times

Considering how stable inflation have been and pretty much every country is using the same strategy, I imagine there is some but rather low ?

Like 2014/2015 was a very low inflation time but a giant shift in ER. I guess I am not sure what you mean, surely if the US would start to have a 10% inflation rate and no one would follow the dollar would loose relative strength to other device.

I feel like big inflation/big interest rate versus the other country would affect ER quite fast and directly but that usual stable affair, like the US has since the mid 90s do not tell us much.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

That's hard to say. Depends if they add theaters. But yeah small increase and post credits content is not a re release

again we dont know what they will do , to discuss without have any info almost any info is pointless, there is a reason why they will do this thing, and for sure as hell its not just bc...... the attentions that this thing gets is so big, that i dont see how  disney just did this for no reason

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

They haven't started actual promotion for it yet. Feige said that marketing about that will start soon. It only makes sense that Endgame will be the companion film to Far From Home. Both will be benefitting from that, it makes no sense to have Dark Phoenix which is dropping like a rock than to have Endgame that will warrant at least a sizeable number of rewarches. Hell, I bet will be a lot of first timers as well.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I agree let's wait and see. It's not a rerelease from what it looks like. However assessing tiny bumps this early is silly

bc exactly it seems weird, its probably something that we dont know, but i would say what we do know is that it probably is  move or a plan to push endgame, bc i cant imagine another reason, plus this thing has become very big deal the twitter is all over it, plsu big sites like screenrant,forbes,varitey, dealine etc are talking about it, so something big is going on

Edited by john2000

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

we dont know what they will do .... so its pointless to talk now ... lets wait 

Just now, divesyn said:

rerelease in brazil

looks like it'll be a international rerelease

“I know I said no more surprises, but I was really hoping to pull off one last one.” Avatar is going down imo with this news. Not saying it will happen right away, but this will give it enough of a boost to let it get over sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Hmm good .. so we can expect decent business ... 

they will do the same with the other countries too os, which seems very likely at this point , as why you would do it only in brazil,

Edited by john2000

In a way this "re-release" thing is a negative for Endgame BO from now till 28th June. I for one had planned to see it the fifth time this weekend, because it is down to one show per day in major cinemaplexes. But with this news, I change the plan to watch it on 28th.

I believe many fans would do the same, so don't be surprised if Endgame BO drops more than expected for next 9 days. (It has been holding very well past one week). I wish they would have hold on to this news till a few days before 28th.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, justvision said:

In a way this "re-release" thing is a negative for Endgame BO from now till 28th June. I for one plan to see it the fifth time this weekend, because it is down to one show per day in major cinemaplexes. But with this news, I change the plan to watch it on 28th. I wish they would have hold on to this news till a few days before 28th.

i dont believe that it will affect it that match though, dont forget we know about that but the audience dont, and there is no that announcement in marvels/disney social media yet, by next week we will probably see an announcement so to let everyone know

Edited by john2000

16 minutes ago, divesyn said:

rerelease in brazil

looks like it'll be an international rerelease

Now we’re talking. I think this will leave the first run below Avatar still, but close enough to go over in the next few years when before I was skeptical of that.

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i dont believe that it will affect it that match though, dont forget we know about that but the audience dont, and there is no that announcement in marvels/disney social media yet, by next week we will probably see an announcement so to let everyone know

I assume in this late stage of its run, a big chunk of its BO is driven by repeat viewing of fans, rather than general audience. And we live in social media age. Likely most fans will come to know this in a day or two. Anyway, we shall see the effect from daily BO updates.