kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Hahaha well if it does 1.1B opening WW than I don't think the Titanic has a chance this time. And for all we know thats still to low. 

I HOPE FOR 2.5b ... oh multi quote sorry :rofl:

I REALLY NEED TO SLEEP  :circles:

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I HOPE FOR 2.5b ... oh multi quote sorry :rofl:

I REALLY NEED TO SLEEP  :circles:

I am more on the camp I hope it can beat Avatar, but I don't think it will.

And I think it will land around 2.45B. 

5 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Let's beat that fucking Avatar. It will be hilarious. 

Imagine if Avatar 2 didn't even touch 2B.

I am going for 3B+ club. Anyone with me? Go higher or Go home. 

Beating it is hard enough now. What would Avatar be with current exchange rates? 2.1 or 2.2 probably?

When I said over Avatar, I am not saying it will do it. EG will probably be very frontloaded (although it will have a good repeating factor).

I have it at $2.5b right now, but who knows...

Edit:

DOM: 775 (+14% relative to IW)

China: 500 (+40% in local currency)

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Avatar's performance is so unreal in so many territories and when you get to 2 billion plus, adding a couple hundred million is insanely difficult. I imagine that everyone who has every intention to see the film will go this opening week too. I don't think it'll drop off a cliff in the second week, but I guess it's possible? 

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Avatar's performance is so unreal in so many territories and when you get to 2 billion plus, adding a couple hundred million is insanely difficult. I imagine that everyone who has every intention to see the film will go this opening week too. I don't think it'll drop off a cliff in the second week, but I guess it's possible? 

depends from the quality of the movie and as of now it doesnt seem like it will fall off a cliff quit the oppossite i would say

5 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Wednesday, April 24: France, Germany, Italy, Australia, China, Korea, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Lebanon, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand

Thursday, April 25:  UK, Brazil, Croatia, Czech Rep, Hungary, Israel, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Argentina, Panama, Uruguay, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad, Bolivia, Chile and Colombia

Friday, April 26: Domestic, Spain, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, India, Vietnam, Venezuela and Ecuador

In case anyone needs this. It's not complete, but it's most of the markets. 

Poland has big previews today 24th, with about 1/5 maybe even 1/4 of OW (last year IW ratio was lower than 1/7)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I am more on the camp I hope it can beat Avatar, but I don't think it will.

And I think it will land around 2.45B. 

That's above avatar factoring in currency rates I think right?

I agree for me out of this world prediction is 2750, pessimistic with these scores is 2250 so my average is close to yours maybe a tiny bit higher.

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

So what is our guess for wednesday OD for EG?

$111m China

$8.4m SK (because of discount day low ticket price average)

$7.4m Australia

$4.5m Italy

$5.4m Germany

$5.5m France

$5.6m Indonesia 

Taiwan/Hong Kong/Malaysia/Phillipines all over $3.5m?

Belgium + Netherlands $2.2m

Rest (I have no idea how to est the other ones) 17m? (16 other markets list on IMDB with a few decent size, but also a few very small movies markets).

OD $180m

:ohmygod:

Poland with chance of 1 million$ why not 😅

So OW looks like it could overperform somewhat which is utterly insane because how high expactations are but still need relatively exceptional legs for Avatar even then.  

Remember when we were debating a year ago whether this could stay flat or not from Infinity War? It challenging Titanic was quite an optimistic prediction then, now it seems probable.

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

depends from the quality of the movie and as of now it doesnt seem like it will fall off a cliff quit the oppossite i would say

It's not about the quality of the film though necessarily, several big grossers got great Cinemascores, critical and audience reception but burned off most of the demand in the first week, that's just logical. 

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's not about the quality of the film though necessarily, several big grossers got great Cinemascores, critical and audience reception but burned off most of the demand in the first week, that's just logical. 

yeah it could but i dont think it will , fingers crossed