kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Being as crazy for the times as Avatar clearly wasn’t going to happen, but that official #1 in pure WW gross will be such a nice capper to the batshit OW and the whole Infinity Saga.   

Also it would be a bit meh to go the whole 2010s with no new #1.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Waiting eagerly for Scott mendelson article:popcorn:

2nd to last paragraph in his 12 paragraph weekend roundup and he's still holding on by his fingertips

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/07/14/avengers-endgame-aladdin-toy-story-beatles-annabelle-midsommar-john-wick-keanu-reeves-spider-man-box-office/#1d1293e1a649

Walt Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Endgame earned another $1.692 million (-46%) in its 12th weekend for an $851.2 million domestic cume. With a solid $1.1 million overseas, it has earned $2.7808 billion in global grosses and just $7.2 million away from Avatar's $2.788 billion cume. So close, and yet so far away? Even if it ends up pennies away from the belt, it will have to make do with all three 2019 MCU movies likely ending up with a combined global cume of over $5 billion. That’s a heck of a consolation prize.

• Haha 9

I've been one of the more pessimistic folks regarding it's chances all along, but this should lock up the WW record. 4.5m WW weekend with 7.2m to go means EG just needs a 2.6x off of this weekend worldwide which is easily achievable. Even a hypothetical total collapse at say a 2x will get it within 2 million or so of the record. I never believed in the 10m push/fudge or whatever you want to call it, but 2m would definitely get Wrinkle-in-Timed by Disney so either way the record should be secure.

Congratulations to the new Kings of the World!

P.S: The timing is perfect for Disney since EG should take the record right before it releases on home video July 30th so you should see the marketing reflect this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

I've been one of the more pessimistic folks regarding it's chances all along, but this should lock up the WW record. 4.5m WW weekend with 7.2m to go means EG just needs a 2.6x off of this weekend worldwide which is easily achievable. Even a hypothetical total collapse at say a 2x will get it within 2 million or so of the record. I never believed in the 10m push/fudge or whatever you want to call it, but 2m would definitely get Wrinkle-in-Timed by Disney so either way the record should be secure.

Congratulations to the new Kings of the World!

P.S: The timing is perfect for Disney since EG should take the record right before it releases on home video July 30th so you should see the marketing reflect this.

Yep I didn't even think of this. Gonna definitely happen before release.

48 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

So far my ass

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Part of me want Disney to just say fck it and let EG top Avatar next weekend. 

But a bigger part want it to top on the following weekend. Because on that weekend, FFH, Aladdin, and The Lion King will all top 1B. And TS4 will top 900M as well.

It would be fun if they could do it by next week with SDCC if the Avengers cast is really showing up but I can't see it hitting those numbers by then even if they gave it sweet TLK double features which it will no doubt be denied.  (not one double feature boost during it's run - phooey)