kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

1)Show Endgame in Hall H. 

2) Count the SDCC ticket of everyone there as Endgame box office.  

3) Boom, announce the broken record immediately after the showing ;) 

we need bob iger to pull 6.75M from his bank account, buy some tickets for EG and be done with it this week:sparta:

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Terminator 2 3D made $4mn worldwide. I will always watch T2 over Avatar. So if Endgame is able to manage $10mn lead over Avatar, it will be safe. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=judgmentday3d.htm

yes,T2 is all time classic, Avatar is good movie but no even comparable to T2, but i think Avatar re-release will make more as the 3D tech of Avatar was something different, it was incredible experience that was meant to be watched in front of a big screen.

An Avatar re-release before A2 would not be a good move IMO. Better let A2 emerge into the glow of A1's reputation, rather than re-release A1 shortly before and risk today's 3D jaded generation slating it on social media (because genuine event that it was in 2010, without the punch of 3D-like-we'd-never-seen-before, Avatar is not that great a movie). There's little to gain from a re-release (a few million on the A1 gross) and a lot to lose (potentially many millions knocked off the A2 gross if the anticipation bubble is punctured by a lukewarm A1 response). Do some double features the year after A2 would be my approach to putting A1 back in cinemas. YMMV. 😉

Anyway, I've not been terribly confident on AE surmounting Avatar, not because of any deficiency in Endgame but because movies seem to have to make their money so quickly these days. And yet in only three months Endgame looks certain to get the record. That's the astounding thing IMO, not just getting the record but the speed at which it will get it.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Permanent Magnet said:

we need bob iger to pull 6.75M from his bank account, buy some tickets for EG and be done with it this week:sparta:

Jokingly I was thinking along the same line as well, but with the attendees pay 1k out of their own pockets. But this is a bad idea (even if self paying), because all those people that are against Endgame will forever cite this as an example of how Disney fudge Endgame number.

Edited by justvision

6 minutes ago, Moses said:

Monday estimates about 310k

Just 19% drop from last week

Eh, anticipated from Sunday number.

•12th 
-weekend (2.1) [-33%] = 851.6
-‎weekdays (1.4) = 853

•13th <= The Lion King
-weekend (2) [-32%] = 855

Need 3.4M more from OS by Sunday.

• Astonished 1

FFH $5,560,000 (-60% / - 48.7%)

TS4 $2,860,000 (-55.93% / -31.4%)

Crawl $1,350,000 (-60% / ----)

Stuber $860,000 (-61% / ----)

Yesterday $880,000 (-55.7% / -22%)

Annabelle $790,000 (-52% / - 38.2%)

Aladdin $710,000 (-60.7% / -29.5%)

Midsommar $560,000 (-51.1% / - 42%)

SLOP2 $500,000 (-49.3% / -25.2%)

Endgame $310,000 (-53.4% / -18.4%)

• Like 1

If the rumours about SMFFH needed $1b ww for the future use of SM in the MCU and so on are correct, I still think the push thing was more for that than reaching #1.

Getting that near around the release of SMFFH I guess will have added to that, but not the starting point to think about the additional scenes reason.

Are there any informations out about when the additional scene got filmed?

The decision had to be more than a day earlier, actors need to find a common possible date first.....

Even if fast, I guess all is possible from a few days up to a few weeks, but than post still has to work on it too, and so on.

How much post work?

I haven't seen the additional scenes, just in case: no SMFFH spoilers please.

Some scenes, even if short, need tons of post work, and some wont need that much.

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Eh, anticipated from Sunday number.

•12th 
-weekend (2.1) [-33%] = 851.6
-‎weekdays (1.4) = 853

•13th <= The Lion King
-weekend (2) [-32%] = 855

Need 3.4M more from OS by Sunday.

And that’s easily achievable correct?

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

If the rumours about SMFFH needed $1b ww for the future use of SM in the MCU and so on are correct, I still think the push thing was more for that than reaching #1.

Getting that near around the release of SMFFH I guess will have added to that, but not the starting point to think about the additional scenes reason.

Are there any informations out about when the additional scene got filmed?

The decision had to be more than a day earlier, actors need to find a common possible date first.....

Even if fast, I guess all is possible from a few days up to a few weeks, but than post still has to work on it too, and so on.

How much post work?

I haven't seen the additional scenes, just in case: no SMFFH spoilers please.

Some scenes, even if short, need tons of post work, and some wont need that much.

Additional scenes in Endgame? There aren't any. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the question?

The Avengers Endgame playing now is exactly the same as opening day, not a Special Edition or extended version. All it has as "bonus content" after the end credits is a short Tribute to Stan Lee video, a short unfinished live action / animatic Hulk deleted scene, and the very first scene of FFH as a teaser for that movie. I think that was all.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Clouseau said:

and the very first scene of FFH as a teaser for that movie. I think that was all.

Ahh I thought that one was an additional scene, some twist whatever.

Thank you a lot for clearing that up to me

I knew about the other parts being nothing newly filmed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Kinda 1M reach there, but idk about Disney fudging power.

If Charlie is correct, the weekend would be the perfect timing for adding the final $2m from India that is missing from the totals. Hall H would come to the ground if the OG 6 are there to celebrate their trajectory and the film becoming the highest grossing of all time to boot.

I don't think they will push it by then but no reason to pretend they can't. If they can give wrinke in Time 1% extra they can give EG .1% extra in a weekend.

Avatar stans about fudging need to sit this one out. Original run already beaten before any "fudging" occured.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

If Charlie is correct, the weekend would be the perfect timing for adding the final $2m from India that is missing from the totals. Hall H would come to the ground if the OG 6 are there to celebrate their trajectory and the film becoming the highest grossing of all time to boot.

Man, I'd love to be in that hall in such a case. It's going to be one hell of a party. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Funny thing is that in ten years no one will remember the reexpansion and it will look like original run

Just like Avatar. No one talks about the special edition aka money grab because it happens all the time. Titanic's rerun was way more legitimate imo hence the huge success