kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

9 hours ago, Heroicpiglet said:

IIRC if Endgame gets to 2.8B it will have Infinity War's legs

Wrong, If EG replicate IWs legs, it will do near 3b.

IW 's legs was 2.387x( Including china and russia's opening)

EG's legs will be about 2.25x(including russia's 3 days opening)  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Wrong, If EG replicate IWs legs, it will do near 3b.

IW 's legs was 2.387x( Including china and russia's opening)

EG's legs will be about 2.25x(including russia's 3 days opening)  

Leave this board Titanic fan boy. Your purpose on here has lost meaning in May. 

:apocalypse:

Edited by HeadShot
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

19 minutes ago, Quigley said:

I came back after a 3-week break. 278 pages. What on Earth has been happening...?

You should be grateful for not around this thread for the past 3 weeks.

Trust me , You should be....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Terminator 2 3D made $4mn worldwide. I will always watch T2 over Avatar. So if Endgame is able to manage $10mn lead over Avatar, it will be safe.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=judgmentday3d.htm

lol you serious? that's some analysis...

What is China? They love re-releases over there, and T2 wasn't re-released there (because R rated I guess?)

Titanic made what, 150mn from China alone on the 3d re-release? And isn't A2 one of the most hyped up movie in China according to the rating on Maoyan? Get some marketing going for A2, re-release A1 and EG's record is gone faster than Thanos can snap his fingers. There sure is a lot of untapped potential for A1 over there with how the country was severely lacking in theater screens back in 2009.

20 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The greatest war since the DCEU vs. MCU. The small tribe of Cameronites have thankfully been silenced. 

Avengers-Endgame-Avatar-worldwide-box-of

Right here buddy. How have we been silenced when Cameron is just getting started? Avatar 1 was just the warm up round

• Haha 1

Smfh, this thread's going to be locked again. So tired of this non-stop bickering, which is going nowhere. 

N

Ignore

R

D

Most folks just don't look at that "I" anymore. I don't understand why every time someone brings up Avatar, in this thread, folks can't just Ignore. 

Record's going to be broken within a week or so yet we have to quibble back and forth trying defend AEG's honor or something. With the run it had, there is nothing to defend, just move on folks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Alexdube said:

lol you serious? that's some analysis...

What is China? They love re-releases over there, and T2 wasn't re-released there (because R rated I guess?)

Titanic made what, 150mn from China alone on the 3d re-release? And isn't A2 one of the most hyped up movie in China according to the rating on Maoyan? Get some marketing going for A2, re-release A1 and EG's record is gone faster than Thanos can snap his fingers. There sure is a lot of untapped potential for A1 over there with how the country was severely lacking in theater screens back in 2009.

I don’t think it can be re-released in China though. Or maybe it has been out of theaters long enough. It just doesn’t seem like they allow re-releases. Who knows?

Edited by Doctor Stark

3 hours ago, Alexdube said:

What is China? They love re-releases over there,

I think all of those got re-released before they started with the foreign movie quota.

= better ask in the China thread, preferable for the actual rules only, without 'falling' into OT

Beside: there is no 'they' for any country / group of people / if its about e.g. POV, feelings and so on.

39 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I don’t think it can be re-released in China though. Or maybe it has been out of theaters long enough. It just doesn’t seem like they allow re-releases. Who knows?

Based on what? Endgame? Endgame didn't even get an extension, for whatever reason, they certainly weren't getting that "re-release". And Titanic is a re-release they allowed yes?

edit: 

I think all of those got re-released before they started with the foreign movie quota.

= better ask in the China thread, preferable for the actual rules only, without 'falling' into OT

Foreign movie quota? Well that doesn't tell me much on how it would affect an Avatar re-release but maybe I'll dig in on that. A Titanic re-release or an Avatar re-release are not common things though. There are only so much of these "biggest movies ever" that get re-released. It's probably more of a case by case situation

Edited by Alexdube