kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

From @Pypa94 in the Poland thread....

http://boxoffice-bozg.pl/a-jak-sie-ma-przedsprzedaz-biletow-na-avengers-endgame-w-polskich-kinach/?fbclid=IwAR0KAAZoo9UBtcWVNkD4OX5qbCI1AR4SrrRqQa-q1Zq1ew9BwKYeUCY3rSY

Guys from that website (they know a lot about Poland Box Office) said that Avengers: Endgame has already sold 120-130k tickets - most of the places presales are only for OW and previews - based on calculations and estimations.

IW had OW + previews 387 612 tickets and cume over 1,2 million.

Also, they're projecting that EG will smash all records for SH movie with an opening about 450k, 660k with previews and cume over 2 million! That's HUUUGE here! Will it really happen? I hope so :D

IW was the first movie over 1 million, well EG could be first over 2 million. That will definitely put EG in the top 5 of the year. 

Day after day EG is bigger and bigger, which is not easy here when local movies are so powerful and there is still not so many fans of SH movies.

The sky is a limit (as for sky I mean magic 3 million)? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My nearest theater now has 13 (!) showings up for Endgame for Opening Day Wednesday. For comparison: TFA "only" got 11 for its OD back in 2015. This is nuts considering Superheros are way less popular here in Germany than Star Wars.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 5

12 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Don’t want to pollute the waters too much with reddit stuff, but I found this a pretty high quality post. Very mathematically oriented, detailed, and broadly reasonable numbers from what I could see in individuals markets and in total. Lc figures in the comments. As I understand it, just the result of finding what annual growth best fits the data points of TA, AoU, IW and then applying one more year.

Hide contents

Smack in the middle of my range.

12 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

No crash?? Disappointing!! :ohmygod:

12 hours ago, JimiQ said:

Yeah, that's no thing to be proud of :sparta:

Well, the apps and websites were so slow and a lot of people got error messages. But yeah no crash whatsoever. Starting the presales at midnight was a good way to spread out the traffics to those apps and websites. Now I know why they did that.

11 hours ago, pepsa said:

Who the hell want to buy tickets between 00.00 am and 02.30 am? 😛 

Hide contents

It really doesn't feel like an EG presale run if the sites don't crash thought

A lot of people apparently. The IMAX shows on April 24 were 70% full just 30 minutes after the presales started. And a couple hours later they're like 95% full. The booking for the 5 AM shows on the opening day, started late at around 1 AM, instead of midnight. I bought a ticket for that time at 2 AM and it's already like 40% full. And now those 5 AM shows are almost sold out!

Edit: Ok, I just read social media reactions and the servers were down for quite a while, so for many people it took hours to finally get their tickets.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And Europe is place it can grow. Asia, Africa and Latin America were already on a high. They will grow, but potential to grow is more in Europe.

This. Europe is where Marvel should focus to expand. Latin America and Asia beat records movie after movie, but Marvel is still well behind the biggest franchises in Europe (HP, LOTR or Star Wars)

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame South Korea 6 hours pre-sales ~ 1 Week pre-sales of Infinity War ~ Captain Marvel full pre-sales run.

All this without opening of premium formats like IMAX, 4DX and 3D. They start of 18th April.

WAIT no IMAX/3D tickets yet in SK???????????? wild

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

@catlover How are presalles going in Indonesië? 

There are no reports whatsoever and I don't think we will ever get one. The only numbers that I found are from this article:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2019/04/16/indonesian-fans-go-wild-over-avengers-endgame-presale-tickets.html

It sounds huge, like, unprecedented. I mean all my life I've never seen shows earlier than 9 AM, let alone 2 and 5 AM! Yet, the 5 AM and 5.30 AM shows are all sold out, and many other early shows are almost sold out. The evening shows are even crazier. Every show that I checked is either sold out, or 90% full (only seats on the 1st and 2nd row are left, which eventually will be filled anyway). The shows for premium class are all sold out until Sunday. And the other weekend shows are also selling really fast, ranging from 50%-95% full. Like I said, I've never seen something like this before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2