kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Not that it cannot be done, but I think it will be extremely difficult to have back to back $2 billion grossers. As mentioned, Infinity War increased significantly from previous Avengers films because it was marketed as the finale to the general audience. Its event status probably drew in new viewers who've never watched the first two films and just wanted to see what the hype was about. The question is if these people will return for the second part. 

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it could do it twice. People are really hyped for TA4 coming off IW. 

I think the fanbase would be insanely hyped but I would look at the trailer views for Avengers 4 really to see. 

I dont see this decreasing from the first part as this movie has been well received unlike ultron which was skewed. 

For now i'd go with small increase in OS and flat in Dom.

But there is chance if the movie doesn't reach the expectations knor ER collapse. (I don't see the former happening)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Competition seems a bit lighter next summer though, might be the thing that saves it from dropping. John Wick 3 and Aladdin are no Deadpool and SW.

Aladdin will be bigger than Solo. The animated version is one of the most beloved. And add in the nostalgia. I think it'll reach $1B but will fall just a little short of the live-action Beauty and the Beast.

Having said that, 2019 is shaping up to be a battle royale between Avengers 4, SW 9, and The Lion King on which will gross the highest worldwide.

• Disbelief 1

Everyone keeps saying this film is the end... Did anyone think that IW was the end of the mcu as we know it and this becomes the new beginning for the next phase of the mcu ?

• Like 1