SLAM!

Serenity (2018) | Aviron Pictures | 10/19/18 | starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jason Clarke, Djimon Hounsou, and Diane Lane | dir. Steven Knight (Locke)

A more detailed summary of the whole thing can be found here: 'Serenity’ Has the Wackiest Ending of 2019 and We’re Only a Month In

I was actually going to see this, because I love twist endings, no matter how crappy the movie (and this one at least looked like cheesy fun). But now...I don't think so.

Edited by KC7
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, KC7 said:

A more detailed summary of the whole thing can be found here: 'Serenity’ Has the Wackiest Ending of 2019 and We’re Only a Month In

I was actually going to see this, because I love twist endings, no matter how crappy the movie (and this one at least looked like cheesy fun). But now...I don't think so.

that's bonkers. i have to see it now

4 minutes ago, KC7 said:

On the contrary, I'm much more interested in this now than I was before with description of that crazy ending.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

the movie sounds awesome. i don't understand why it's getting bad reviews. the critics are so lame.

The trailer and the movie are completely different things. I didn't even watch the movie and I feel betrayed after seeing the trailer. It's a very bad case of bait and switch / misleading promotion.

I knew there was something wrong /weird with the movie once Anne Hathaway popped in to explain stuff on instagram, asking people to give it a chance...

The thing is, they've been selling this based on McConaughey's supposed full-frontal nudity (and that first article says he gets naked 6 times). And while I'm totally in favor of McConaughey getting naked,

Spoiler

if the character is really just a digital version created and manipulated by his son...his son's just having his dead dad get naked a lot and show off his dick? Whaaaaat? How creepily incestuous.

honestly i laughed for a good couple minutes hearing about the ending. i can only imagine what my reaction to that would've been watching the movie fresh but i'd also have no interest in seeing this movie if i didn't know about that ending before hand.

• Like 2

The McConaissance didn't just end, it died a sad, awful death. Maybe my man should have just said yes to Guardians 2 instead of Dark Tower.
Colin Ferrel having a better post-True Detective career only makes this that much worse.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Does anybody think this is getting an F CinemaScore?

Knowing the ending in advance might help the experience for those who watch it, but general audiences might dislike it.

I'll be shocked if this gets anything higher than a C- after reading that description, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

The McConaissance didn't just end, it died a sad, awful death. Maybe my man should have just said yes to Guardians 2 instead of Dark Tower.
Colin Ferrel having a better post-True Detective career only makes this that much worse.

He hasn't had a live-action hit in any form (critical, financial) since Interstellar. The McConaissance died so that Timothee Chalamet's overnight ascension (and Topher Grace becoming semi-relevant again) could begin, clearly.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The McConaissance died so that Timothee Chalamet's overnight ascension (and Topher Grace becoming semi-relevant again) could begin, clearly

What a sad state the world is in

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

The McConaissance literally just the oscar and interstellar. lasted 2 years. he should considering himself lucky because actresses are NOT able to come back to a succesful level after a string of bombs and bad rom coms

SERENITY star Anne Hathaway...?