sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Depends on how much less.

If it drops around 45% or less? That's much better than fine. Anything between 46% and 50% is just fine.

If it drops over 50%, then it may struggle to $675 mil.

And what an embarrassment that would be...only making it to 675.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

And what an embarrassment that would be...only making it to 675.

Why don't Marvel release in the summer holidays? Seems like they would have better legs.

33 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

This is the weekend when BP starts gaining huge.

That Saturday increase still blows my mind!

$16,257,536

146% / -43.5%

4,084 / $3,981

$451,657,573 / 15

$30,052,665

84.9% / -36.8%

4,084 / $7,359

$481,710,238 / 16
$19,996,734
$66,306,935
-33.5% / -43.4%
+64 / -40.6%
4,084 / $4,896
$16,236
$501,706,972 / 17
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bladels said:

$650M+ DOM, $2B+ WW is not good but just fine for some people :wintf:

Problem is they thought they could be the best for a second.

In the future we need to manage expectations

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm still shocked when I hear people saying things like IW's number is fine.  It's a weekday.  Numbers are standard. When it drops less than 50% this weekend, will the number still be just "fine"?

I am sorry but yes. Look there’s four categories of people the way I see it. One is the somewhat objective ones that don’t care either way and see IW so-so results, after its first seven days when it did great , as something Normal/fine/whatever. The second category are the fans that after IW first full week expected the movie to be something bigger, in the u.s market, than what it became after its second weekend so they aren’t happy with the “fine” numbers. The third are just trolls/people who hate marvel/ whatever that troll and having a laugh with IW inability to fulfill the potential it had showed with its first week numbers. The fourth are marvel fans that want to see everything as good /great and can’t take any opposite opinion.

I suggest that people that belong in the first and the fourth category tone it down a bit when accusing others that aren’t happy with how IW has been performing past its first week, Just like you have the right to view , let’s say, a total of 650 million in the u.s as “great” others have the right to view it as “not that great” , esp. after the potential the movie showed in its first full week.

• ...wtf 4

Since last weekend, this has been matching GOTG2 very closely in terms of legs.  As of Wednesday (assuming the 7M number holds), Infinity War's multi is 1.86x, while GOTG2's was 1.8x at this point.

Their 2nd weekend drops were identical, and their weekdays are also very similar.

Monday: 3.2% of OW for IW, 3.2% for GOTG2

Tuesday: 4.2% for IW, 4% for GOTG2

Wednesday: 2.7% for IW, 2.7% for GOTG2

The only difference is that IW has slight 'lead' on GOTG2 due to the spillover during its first weekdays.  If this continues we could see a 2.7x multi, which would put this in the 690-700M range.  Even if it falls behind slightly, to say a 2.6x multi, we'd still get 670M which is nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

IW is performing like a sequel domestically like a first movie overseas.

that it's going to beat it's predecessor's legs though is not common sequel behavior . needs 'only' 618.5 for that. gonna be ta1 3.0x => ta2 2.4x => ta3 2.6x

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bladels said:

$650M+ DOM, $2B+ WW is not good, it's "just fine" for some people :wintf:

Cmon, don’t be obtuse. Relative to what we knew a month ago, the totals are obviously going to absolutely f*#$&ing bonkers spectacular.     

When people say that “this 7M Wednesday is just ‘fine,’” they obviously mean “relative to the context of all the information we now have, including 6 previous very high weekday numbers, this 7M Wednesday is just ‘fine.’”   

I honestly can’t imagine what people have to gain by pretending not to understand this.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Literally nobody said that. What a silly thing to think.

When someone says something would "Struggle" to reach someting, to me it implies something not so great.

• Like 2