sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

When someone says something would "Struggle" to reach someting, to me it implies something not so great.

No. That's not what that means. Maybe it means something different in Canada.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Wow, good one.

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

When someone says something would "Struggle" to reach someting, to me it implies something not so great.

Wow, really? I really think you’re giving it a connotation that many people uisng it don’t intend then, which is just going to lead to an unnecessarily big gap between what they say and what you hear.     

I use “struggle” purely to indicate that a number is near the high of a possible range, and therefore has a decent probability to not be reached. I’m pretty sure that a lot of people use it the same way in a BO context, with 0 negative connotation intended.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Then why is there only two or three guys in here trying to make this out to be some kind of disappointment based on weekday numbers?  It's done nothing but huge money on the weekends, dropping 55% off a record weekend, and is behaving normally on the weekdays.  So why is it just you and a couple of other guys are trying to make it out to be something it's not.  

Do you have trouble understanding the box office?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Holy jesus.

I honestly think this forum is on crazy pills. Y'all aren't new to box office.

Funny, I'd say the same thing about you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

IW is mirroring GotG Vol 2 very closely this week in terms of drop/jump percentages. Now, the true test for IW will be if Friday and Saturday jumps are much bigger than last weekend or not. We're talking a Friday jump of 130% or more. If it's less, we can then begin having a serious discussion about legs not being as good as we thought.

650M+ will be fantastic. There are only 5 movies into the 600M Range. MCU has 2 of them (could be 1 if Black Panther goes into 700M). So if Black Panther goes into 700M Range and Infinity War stay in 600M, the balance will be perfect and Thanos will be happy.

However if Both BP and IW reach 700M then Marvel will had 2 there in that range.

The Worst(not literally) is if BP and IW remained in 600M Range. HOWEVER, then there will be six 600M movies and half of them will be MCU, so the balance is perfect again and Thanos can live another day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Then why is there only two or three guys in here trying to make this out to be some kind of disappointment based on weekday numbers?  It's done nothing but huge money on the weekends, dropping 55% off a record weekend, and is behaving normally on the weekdays.  So why is it just you and a couple of other guys are trying to make it out to be something it's not.  

Do you have trouble understanding the box office?

Honestly, don't fucking press me.

Nobody is making this fucking movie out to be a disappointment. I said THIS WEDNESDAY NUMBER IS FINE. I said $675 mil would be a FINE NUMBER, and $2B WW would be GREAT.

Do you honestly not know how to read? Or have you guys been playing victim for years and you can't get it out of your system?

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

$7.0 mil for IW is... fine. But it's certainly not good. Every day where it has a drop comparable to Ultron is a day it risks falling short of BP.

And I'd say 90% of the members here would say that the drop on Wednesday is normal.  Might want to think before you post something insulting and asinine next time.  

• Like 2

Nobody is making this fucking movie out to be a disappointment. I said THIS WEDNESDAY NUMBER IS FINE. I said $675 mil would be a FINE NUMBER, and $2B WW would be GREAT.

Do you honestly not know how to read? Or have you guys been playing victim for years and you can't get it out of your system?

Don't press you?  Buddy, I haven't even started to press yet.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Funny, I'd say the same thing about you.

Forget about it Baumer you can' deal with them...... they don't understand BO that s all nothing important there is much more important thing in life but that's it :)

Maybe gonna ignore them in a future.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Bonenash said:

Forget about it Baumer you can' deal with them...... they don't understand BO that s all nothing important there is much more important thing in life but that's it :)

Yeah I think he's pretty new to understanding more complex BO tracking.

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

@ChipMunky is a diehard DC loonie and he's attempting to come off as objective now. 

However, he falls into his own category of troll when talking AIW numbers. 

I totally read the passive aggressive with negative underpinnings in his post.

4 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

2 minutes ago, harry713 said:

Yeah I think he's pretty new to understanding more complex BO tracking.

The first post above hit it right on the spot, thats ur answer guys, its not misunderstanding BO it is that ☝️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

@ChipMunky is a diehard DC loonie and he's attempting to come off as objective now. 

However, he falls into his own category of troll when talking AIW numbers. 

I totally read the passive aggressive with negative underpinnings in his post.

That's me, diehard DC loony. Because I had a Flash avatar that one time.