That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

If IW finishes with about 350 in China, 650 in NA, then that's a billion right there.  It's already at 800 internationally.  Surely its got enough to hit 2 billion already.

• Like 5

Just now, baumer said:

If IW finishes with about 350 in China, 650 in NA, then that's a billion right there.  It's already at 800 internationally.  Surely its got enough to hit 2 billion already.

Yep.

$2b is about the worse case scenario right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Canada is basically America but whiter and colder and more French people and more Tim Hortons

And much more

JetsWild-1040x572.jpg

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

It will be at $875m OS after this weekend, so yeah.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Okay.....but what in the world does #BlackMeansVictim have to do with anything? Did you just invent a racist hashtag for these boards?

Trust me, it's not just for these boards. I was clearly being facetious but that kind of attitude is getting more prevalent everywhere. 

Anyway, my point is just because a movie with a black female lead has a very low audience score it doesn't automatically mean it's a bunch of racist tools downvoting the movie. I mean, if Star Wars can get such a low audience score, I think Breaking In can, and it doesnt necessarily mean people have an agenda outside "I really didn't like this movie".

I just HATE the persecution complex. It's real but not nearly as real as all these senationalists and SJW's make it out to be.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Trust me, it's not just for these boards. I was clearly being facetious but that kind of attitude is getting more prevalent everywhere. 

Anyway, my point is just because a movie with a black female lead has a very low audience score it doesn't automatically mean it's a bunch of racist tools downvoting the movie. I mean, if Star Wars can get such a low audience score, I think Breaking In can, and it doesnt necessarily mean people have an agenda outside "I really didn't like this movie".

I just HATE the persecution complex. It's real buy not nearly as real as all these senationalists and SJW's make it out to be.

Yeah I'm sure that a lot of people that post their ratings on Rotten Tomatoes went to the Thursday night showing of Breaking In and decided it was bad.  That's exactly what happened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, pepsa said:

It will be at $875m OS after this weekend, so yeah.

Let me catch up here. It was at $771.9M internationally after Wednesday. How much did it make internationally yesterday? I'm just wonder how you get to $875M foreign after this weekend minus China. I suppose I'm underestimating the foreign hold this weekend....

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah I'm sure that a lot of people that post their ratings on Rotten Tomatoes went to the Thursday night showing of Breaking In and decided it was bad.  That's exactly what happened.

How many people have voted on the audience score? If it's a shit ton, then okay, we're dealing with a bunch of tools.

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I just HATE the persecution complex. It's real but not nearly as real as all these senationalists and SJW's make it out to be.

It’s real. 

Ghostbusters had 800 one star reviews on IMDB from American men over 25 on the Tuesday three days before they could’ve seen it. 

Look what happened to I Feel Pretty, Black Panther on RT. There was literally a Facebook group to downvote BP with thousands of members. They failed miserably of course. 

Come back when Oceans 8 opens. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Let me catch up here. It was at $771.9M internationally after Wednesday. How much did it make internationally yesterday? I'm just wonder how you get to $875M foreign after this weekend minus China. I suppose I'm underestimating the foreign hold this weekend....

This Thursday would be around 18M to take the total to 790M. Last Thursday was 32M leading to a 164M weekend (5.125x). Same jump and we'll have 90M this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

It’s real. 

Ghostbusters had 800 one star reviews on IMDB from American men over 25 on the Tuesday three days before they could’ve seen it. 

Look what happened to I Feel Pretty, Black Panther on RT. There was literally a Facebook group to downvote BP with thousands of members. They failed miserably of course. 

I remember those. The Ghostbusters one was embarrassing for sure. As you said, the BP one failed. My question is, is this what we are dealing with re: BREAKING IN?

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’s real. 

and there are thousands of people who downvote comic book movies as well on IMDB. 

The difference is that those films also have people who are crazy fans and give the film 10/10 to counteract that issue. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

218, but only 3 have given actual reviews.

So you refuse to believe that 218 people decided to visit RT and quickly vote?

How about we just see where the audience score ends up after all is said and done and end this conversation here before it get a uglier. Yes, I know I'm the one who started it so I'm ending it.