Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

That One Guy

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

LIFE OF THE PARTY (2018)B

Well, it's better than the C+ the other two Falcone/McCarthy movies have

So Variety only one indicate Fri 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

I was going to say $16m

Edit: I see RTH's number.  Right in that range.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

So Variety only one indicate Fri 

24 (57% bump)

$56.5m weekend

Edited by IronJimbo

That's enough to keep 60+ quite plausible. Hopefully we can get a Saturday closer in quality to the 1st than the 2nd. 

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

$58.5m weekend

Seems about right but I'm hoping for a bit more. BP did $16.2m Friday and finished at $66.3 million for the weekend. If it holds at $15.5m then I'm hoping for about $63m on the weekend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

That's enough to keep 60+ quite plausible. Hopefully we can get a Saturday closer in quality to the 1st than the 2nd. 

This is what I was going to say. $60M is still on the table but we need to see a more normal 65%-ish jump on Saturday.

• Like 1

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

Seems about right but I'm hoping for a bit more. BP did $16.2m Friday and finished at $66.3 million for the weekend. If it holds at $15.5m then I'm hoping for about $63m on the weekend. 

the avengers had a 46% bump from last friday to sat, then a 55% bump from this fri to sat.

IW had a 48.5% bump from last friday to sat, so I'm guessing around a 57% bump this fri to sat

15.5*1.57= $24.333

I don't have a clue how Mothers day impact box office so maybe it can catch up to 60 through the Sunday

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

what a lame weekend, no one took advantage of Avengers moving up

To get slaughtered over the next 2 weekends? Lol there is a reason the schedule is like this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

To get slaughtered over the next 2 weekends? Lol there is a reason the schedule is like this. 

if your product is good competition is irrelevant

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Based off what came out this weekend competition seems to be incredibly relevant.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I think sometimes competition is overly focused on, but this is going waaaaay too far in the other direction.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Didn't BP have a ridiculously good saturday bump (like 80-90%)? I doubt IW will come close to that.

1 hour ago, The Mad Titan said:

BP had an 84% increase ($30M) on Saturday from that $16.2m friday. Do you think IW will have a similar Saturday increase?

Kind of nuts that IW's run beyond its opening is somewhat dull to track only because Marvel outdid itself a couple months ago. 

From a 58m weekend Ultron legs take IW to 680m, Civil War legs to 660m. I'm inclined to split the difference unless it takes a 60% plummet next weekend (which is possible). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

BP had an 84% increase ($30M) on Saturday from that $16.2m friday. Do you think IW will have a similar Saturday increase?

Just going off last weekend which had a lighter Saturday (most likely due to Cinco de Mayo) and a stronger Sunday, it's held pretty close to BP so far. I'm think roughly $28m Saturday and $18m Sunday for about $62m.

Edited by The Mad Titan
Typo
  • Like 1

Should do a min 57.5 and likely around 59-60...

A very solid by the numbers weekend :)

• Like 1

It's funny because this is about to be the 4th highest 3rd weekend ever but some people will still claim it's a disappointment. :kitschjob:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1