That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I miss actually good room coms. Hell, I miss actually GOOD straight up comedies. I get my comedy fill from tv shows these days and I agree with @TwoMisfits, Hollywood needs to get smarter about this. 

Yeah, somehow I watched 27 Dresses for the 1st time on tv last night...Now, I can't say it's a good rom com...but I was feeling nostalgic and Kathryn Heigl actually brought something positive to the movie, so I can finally see why she was a "get" back then...and it made me feel kinda nostalgic for the rom com movies and stars we used to have - Julia, Hugh, Meg, Renee, etc...why can't we get more than, what, 1 okayish-to-good rom com a year now?  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

“that's why i think that it should cost 1 or more likes to quote someone :lol:, then people will only quote if the post is worth replying to or poster is reputable or you add something relevant/funny/non-toxic enough to garner a few reactions and make up for the cost of quoting.”   

Then you just get people quoting like this, @A2k Raptor :Venom:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sheikh said:

1..) Avengers: Infinity War (DIS), 4,474 theaters  / $15.5M Fri (-50%)/3-day: $60M (-48%)/Total: $546M/ Wk 3

2..) Life of the Party (NL/WB), 3,656 theaters  / $4.95M Fri (includes $700k previews) /3-day: $17.9M /Wk 1

3..) Breaking In (Uni), 2,537 theaters  / $4.3M Fri (includes $615K previews) /3-day: $14.4M /Wk 1

4..) Overboard (MGM/LG), 2,006 theaters (+383)  / $2M Fri (-58%)/3-day: $8.8M (-40%) /Total: $28.3M/Wk 2

5..) A Quiet Place (PAR), 3,144 theaters (-269)  / $1.8M Fri (-22%) /3-day: $6.1M (-21%) /Total: $169.2M/Wk 6

6..) I Feel Pretty (STX), 2,858 theaters (-374)  / $915K Fri (-44%)/3-day: $3.5M /Total: $43.6M/ Wk 4

7..) Rampage (NL/WB), 2,548 theaters (-603)  / $750K Fri (-35%)/3-day: $3.1M (-34%) /Total: $89.4M/Wk 5

8..) Tully (FOC), 1,356 theaters (+3) / $569k Fri (-51%)/3-day: $2.35M (-28%) /Total: $7.1M/ Wk 2

9..) Black Panther (DIS), 1,370 theaters (-271)  / $547K Fri (-41%) / 3-day: $2.1M (-33%)/Total: $696.4M/Wk 13

10..) Blockers (UNI), 1,111 theaters (-561) / $319K Fri (-42%) /3-day: $1.05M (-40%)/Total: $58.1M/Wk 6

Deadline is already giving up on their tabular format idea? :sparta:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

“that's why i think that it should cost 1 or more likes to quote someone :lol:, then people will only quote if the post is worth replying to or poster is reputable or you add something relevant/funny/non-toxic enough to garner a few reactions and make up for the cost of quoting.”   

Then you just get people quoting like this, @A2k Raptor :Venom:

yup, life finds a way. if franchise fanboys have to troll each other no force in the world can stop them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, somehow I watched 27 Dresses for the 1st time on tv last night...Now, I can't say it's a good rom com...but I was feeling nostalgic and Kathryn Heigl actually brought something positive to the movie, so I can finally see why she was a "get" back then...and it made me feel kinda nostalgic for the rom com movies and stars we used to have - Julia, Hugh, Meg, Renee, etc...why can't we get more than, what, 1 okayish-to-good rom com a year now?  

And I'm honestly TRULY tired of Amy Schumer. For romantic comedies or literally ANYTHING. I don't understand how Hollywood people don't seem to grasp that overexposuring is a thing. And yeah I feel weird for being capable of recognizing all these actors with just their first names alone and their rom coms were brilliant. Hollywood changed, horror films adapted and are now thriving. It's time for rom coms and straight up comedies to follow suit.

Also, give Andy Sandberg an emmy or a film budget for something that isn't MacGruber. Dude is a genius. Low budget outrageously politically incorrect Andy Sandberg film. That's what I want. 

Featuring Rapper Natalie:

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

that's why i think that it should cost 1 or more likes to quote someone :lol:, then people will only quote if the post is worth replying to or poster is reputable or you add something relevant/funny/non-toxic enough to garner a few reactions and make up for the cost of quoting.

Would not be new-user freindly. Also I find jimbo like posters pretty entertaining.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hmmm.... who's saying that it won't top Black Panther? :kitschjob:

And let me say this: @MCKillswitch123 is right: Black Panther could very likely top Infinity War, but am I the only one that is sort of having enough of @Thrylos 7 making these threads about himself? I mean, c'mon dude. we get it. You think Infinity War is underperforming, regardless how hillarious wrong you are, we get it. It's not this thread that you are making it personal, it's literally all the dailies. 

Here's what I think: even if Infinity War perform slightly below Black Panther during some weekends, it will keep operating very closely to that throughout its entire run, and since Infinity War is way ahead of Black Panther, I think Infinity War's probability of keeping it ahead is very high. I think Panther will be able to cross $700m but not much after that. Infinity War though? I think it'll fall around $720m-$750m. With the rest of the OS and China numbers, I do think that $2B WW and topping Titanic is still an avaliable target. 

giphy.gif

720-750 is unrealistic now. More like 640-670.

• Like 1

Just now, bamajagala said:

720-750 is unrealistic now. More like 640-670.

I'm not convinced of that. I want to see this weekend's and next weekend's numbers to have a better grasp of it. If Infinity War keeps holding it's ground close to Black Panther, I don't see how it'd miss $700m.

I don't believe IW gets to 60 as Deadline projects with 15.5 Friday. They did the same last weekend and just rounded up to 120. It needs pretty strong jump on Saturday of 25.5 (+65%) and strong Sunday hold of 19 (-25%). Not impossible, but on the optimistic side. I know BP hade that mid 80% Sat jump, but I don't think it will come close to that.

23 minutes ago, XO21 said:

What was the last rom com hit? Silver Linings Playbook?

Trainwreck, How To be Single, The Big Sick.

Overboard and I Feel Pretty are doing alright although they’re not straightforward romcoms. 

2 minutes ago, bamajagala said:

I don't believe IW gets to 60 as Deadline projects with 15.5 Friday. They did the same last weekend and just rounded up to 120. It needs pretty strong jump on Saturday of 25.5 (+65%) and strong Sunday hold of 19 (-25%). Not impossible, but on the optimistic side. I know BP hade that mid 80% Sat jump, but I don't think it will come close to that.

Even if it doesn’t have a 65% jump today, it can definitely do more than 19 million on Sunday. Let’s say it does ~50% today for ~24 million, it could drop 15% on Sunday. It is Mother’s Day afterall and combined with the fact that it has been a strong performer on Sundays, there is no reason to be pessimistic about a 25% or lower drop. It can definitely pull off 60 million plus. 

59 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Nope I will post my opinion on the numbers whenever I want, this mob mentality that people are trying to enforce isn’t affecting me one bit. I am not insulting anyone personally, I usually don’t respond to personal insults and will continue to post my opinion on things , esp. things as harmless as the box office run of a film.

Then don’t whine when people call you annoying. You’re asking for it.

• Like 4