That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Trainwreck, How To be Single, The Big Sick.

Overboard and I Feel Pretty are doing alright although they’re not straightforward romcoms. 

Nobody remembers How to Be Single :hahaha: 

Just my two cents here....take it FWIW:

Concerning @Thrylos 7, he has a dissenting opinion but he's (imo) not really trolling.  He's stating that from his point of view IW has been a disappointment on some levels coming off of an opening weekend record.  I don't agree with him but I don't think he's doing anything outlandish.  He has the right to express his opinion just like the rest of us do.  If you disagree with that opinion, that's fine, but you don't have to attack him and call him a troll and whatnot.  He's looking at it in the sense that this opened higher than BP and it is likely going to finish lower.  So in his eyes, that makes it disappointing.  If you don't like what he has to say, put him on ignore.  Or debate with him politely.

As for the number for IW on friday, it's lower than expected but it is still on pace to do about 60-62 million which is less than a 50% drop.  The % drops might look high but it's actually looking like it might be following the Avengers for the third weekend.  If it does hit 62, which is what I have it at, then it will be a 48% decline, which is fantastic, imo.  The amount of money this is making at this pace is really quite amazing.  Next weekend it should see a significant drop and then probably another good drop the weekend after, despite the Solo opening.  The long weekend is usually good to many films in terms of attendance.  If I had to make a prediction, I'd day next weekend you'll see a 50% drop and then the weekend after maybe a 35% drop and then a huge Monday.  700 is not dead yet.

As for Life of the Party, this opening is about what I expected.  When McCarthy's husband directs her movies, they seem to open in the low 20's.  This didn't look all that appealing, imo and Boss and Tammy have been pretty poorly received so a sub 20 million opening for this one isn't surprising.

Breaking In opened lower than I thought it would.  Will Packer produced this one and he has a track record for choosing films that perform well at the box office.  About Last Night, No Good Deed, Think Like a Man and Girl's trip all opened north of 20 million.  I thought this could do at least 25 OW.  But perhaps the poor audience score (justifiably so imo, I didn't like it all that much) kept people away from the opening weekend.  No Good Deed had just over a 2X and this one could end up doing about the same.  Won't be surprised if it finishes with less than 35 million.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Lol after the whole civil war gloom and doom on here...the fact that IW will beat TA domestic gross is amazing.

If it does more that's great and the fact its heading for 2 billion WW is epic.

Used to think 225*2.40=540 would have been +18% from AOU, similar to GOTG2's +17% from GOTG1, and a great Dom total for AIW. Revenge of the Sith bump from Clones would have given close to 580. So these complaints are pretty 

Spoiler

Escuadron-Suicida-lo-que-sabemos-del-Jok

...to me.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

WELL FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE THRYLOS IS EVIL

Only a box office loonie deals in absolutes.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1