That One Girl

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins | July 23 2021 | Robert Schwentke | Henry Golding is Snake Eyes

I liked:

-The bond between Snake Eyes and the future Storm Shadow. Even though it was a first a set up, and Snake Eyes is actually almost a villain here 🙂.

-The stealth aspect,  in which Snake Eyes has to infiltrate the clan by passing the three tests. Then he gains their total trust, in order to steal the jewel. He must then hand the...powerful 😂...artifact over to the villain, in exchange for his father's killer. 

-the HUGE third act battle, on two fronts, swords, martial arts, and the power of the jewel 😂

-the fight scenes in general! There's Snake Eyes "saving" the future Storm Shadow, the villain tries to smuggle arms into the clan's territory, and the huge climactic fight. Along with smaller skirmishes.

-the HUGE CGI pythons in the pit, the third and final "test" for Snake Eyes to get "made" into the clan. 

If you're an action, Mafia or martial arts movie fan, I can't fathom how you wouldn't be entertained by this 😂! You have to get your pulse checked 😂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Yeah. So this was ass. I'm exhausted. 

Rating: Some ol Bullshit.

Also, just to give you some understanding of how dull and un-inventive the action scenes are here's the Japanese theatrical poster with Snake Eyes smashing through a skyscraper window in the middle of Tokyo. Gun in one hand, Sword in the other. Looks cool, right?

Snake-Eyes-G.I.-Joe-Origins-Japan-Releas

There is absolutely no moment of the movie that resembles this.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, AJG said:

I truly can't believe this guy sat there and lied to us like this:

Yeah Henry, one of those cookie cutter super people movies is gonna likely outgross your film's global total in its four day holiday weekend. . . .

But you know, at least you get to voice alongside him in Star Wars Visions. 😛

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah Henry, one of those cookie cutter super people movies is gonna likely outgross your film's global total in its four day holiday weekend. . . .

But you know, at least you get to voice alongside him in Star Wars Visions. 😛

Remember when some online tryhards tried to argue SE was going to be better than SC? #GoodTimes

On 8/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, Mojoguy said:

Shhhhhhhh

We dont talk about that movie. Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley certainly dont.

I liked it. Don't understand the hate. Other than the "noise" being mildly annoying, it has a great concept, good performances, and competent directing.