That One Girl

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins | July 23 2021 | Robert Schwentke | Henry Golding is Snake Eyes

39 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I expected more from the highly acclaimed director of RED

What kind of world are we living in when the director of the third Divergent movie, and the writer of The Huntsman: Winter's War can't give us a good Snake Eyes movie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What kind of world are we living in when the director of the third Divergent movie, and the writer of The Huntsman: Winter's War can't give us a good Snake Eyes movie.

After Craig Mazin's recent success, Paramount must have thought they were on to something. Solid strategy

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

After Craig Mazin's recent success, Paramount must have thought they were on to something. Solid strategy

Never forget when the team behind Hangover 2 was everywhere in the 2018 and 2019 awards season.

45 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Damn, even the social media reactions hate the movie. Now that's what I call a dumpster fire.

Very surprised, especially taking ViewerAnon's comments into account.

If rolls were reversed, would accusations be flying of this movie being handled with “kids gloves”? ;)

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

So reactions aren't always positive after all

I'm kinda sad tho, i found the trailers for this really cool and i was looking forward to it before everyone talk about how even the action are bad

To be fair, you seemed really lenient on trailers…

A lot of trailers I found bad; I realised you commented that you found them nice…

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

So reactions aren't always positive after all

I'm kinda sad tho, i found the trailers for this really cool and i was looking forward to it before everyone talk about how even the action are bad

Plenty of movies get bad reactions, Space Jam 2 just released last week and most of the reactions were bad. Expectations play a significant part of course, but as always if the movie is good then the reactions will reflect that and if it's not then the reactions will reflect that as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The GOAT said:

At least one CERTIFIED Rotten Tomato Reviewer liked it. 

You know, this might be my most interesting $1 theatrical viewing this summer...I'm not a GI Joe fan and my boys know nothing about the characters, so we'll see if it's a generic, not bad, "ninja fantasy" made for boys 8-12:)...

Edit to add: And I'm gonna take all the critical reviews with a grain of salt...this summer, they and I seem to be diverging on what makes an entertaining (family) movie anyway:)...maybe it's my "coming out of the Covid cocoon" mood:)... 

Edited by TwoMisfits

So it opened here in Singapore today.

Have you ever seen a movie where you feel that the main lead drags the film down? This is one of the rare cases - Henry Golding's limited acting ability is really being shown here; reminds me of Liu Yifei in Mulan (but Mulan had a much better storyline, supporting cast, BGM, scenery etc), where you see the same expression throughout the film

Can also tell that Golding didn't have a lot of martial arts training in preparation for this film. Pretty obvious when you compare his fight scenes compared to Storm Shadow; Andrew Koji did well but unfortunately he is not the lead in this film and doesn't have enough screentime to save it.

I think cinemascore at best will be a B+; leaning towards a B. I personally will rate it a C.

I am not sure of Golding's future chances of leading or starring in action films going forward; i don't think any studio execs will be impressed at all by this performance.

Edited by TigerPaw

17 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

So it opened here in Singapore today.

Have you ever seen a movie where you feel that the main lead drags the film down?

isn't that the story of Orlando Bloom, Taylor Kitsch, Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington's life? :lol:

• Haha 1