The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

1 hour ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

pans-labyrinth-523dfe4579093.jpg

Number 45

El Laberinto del Fauno (2006)

Picturehouse, Directed by Guillermo Del Torro (65 Points, 17 Votes)

YES! What a great choice by BOT

tumblr_lmk8nwwyis1qhk0qq.gif

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

That hasn’t stopped a lot of movies this go round, plus there’s still a few movies or so that have always made it that definitely missed this time :ph34r:

Ill start being less cryptic in a few hours when I’m back home and can actually post some more write ups

Me waiting for you to post another write-up. 

cookiemonster.gif

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Braindead > any Evil Dead movie

Gotta say, while i disagree, that one is the definition of a fun splatter movie. I miss this Peter Jackson a bit.

Do you like The Frighteners?

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Gotta say, while i disagree, that one is the definition of a fun splatter movie. I miss this Peter Jackson a bit.

Do you like The Frighteners?

Ashamed to admit I've never seen it actually. Enjoyed Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles though.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Ashamed to admit I've never seen it actually. Enjoyed Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles though.

If you like these two and Braindead, the humour of The Frighteners should please you. Its basically a more weirder and morbid version of Ghostbusters.

44 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Well, in celebration of whether Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2 is better. I'm watching Phantasm. Gods damn 70s.

Trick question:

The right answer is Evil Dead 3!

ok, not really, though the epilogue is amazing. Evil Dead 2 should win for its creativity.

I can’t imagine Phantasm aged well. How’s that little metal ball holding up?

Speaking of great epilogues, I’ve just realized I left Bowfinger off my list. The last 5 minutes of that movie might be my favorite 5 minutes in all of cinema. You just have to remember that it genuinely represents the utmost dreams of all the major characters having come true.

Edited by Wrath

cropped-toy-story-3-71-banner2.jpg

Number 44

Toy Story 3 (2010)

Pixar, Directed by Lee Unkrich (68 Points, 19 Votes)

toy_story_3_alternative_poster_by_iamphi

"So long... partner."

Top 5 Placements: 1

Top 10 Placements: 2

Top 25 Placements: 6

Previous Rankings: 2016 (30, -14), 2014 (13, -31), 2013 (33, -11), 2012 (67, +23)

Awards Rankings: Won 2 Oscars, Nominated for Best Picture

Tomatometer: 99% (8.9 Avg Rating0

Box Office: 415m (488.6m Adjusted)

Synopis: The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.

Critic Opinion: "TS3, like its predecessors, is a clever, engrossing adventure, and, like any sequel, it tries to balance continuity with novelty, the latter provided by a cadre of shiny new characters (led by a plush-toy improv troupe) in superfluous 3-D. Pixar has always wedded technological innovation to classic storytelling, and despite some unwelcome steps toward snarky Shrekification, this latest film still manages to bull’s-eye the primal emotions that resonate with children of all ages. When teenaged Andy plops down on the grass to share his old toys with a shy little girl, the film spikes with sadness and layered pleasure—a concise, deeply wise expression of the ephemeral that feels real and yet utterly transporting." - Eric Hynes

User Opinion: "TS3 could be my all-time favorite animated movie. It really has everything you'd wish for in a movie. The last scene is a tearjerker because it's about letting go of your childhood. But the movie doesn't forget to excite you with the "prison escape" scenes and to also make you laugh.

I don't want to give it an A+ because too many movies get that rating. TS3 is something special; it deserves better." - @lolifofo

"Beautiful animation, beautiful characters, beautiful ending to what could, argubably, be considered the best trilogy of all time, by some. This movie's last 20 minutes are some of the most incredible scenes put to film in cinema history.. no exaggeration. The hand holding scene was gut wrenching, beautiful, powerful, sad, and epic, all at once. And just when you thought Pixar couldn't go for more, they create the last scene with Andy saying goodbye to his friends by giving them away in a heartfelt closing scene. Love love love this movie."  - @Letsuseournoggin

Commentary: The Toy Story saga makes it onto our list again, this time with the closing chapter (or what should have been) of the series.  Toy Story 3 takes the same characters you've grown to love, places them in a prison break adventure, and then rips your heart out with a final twenty minutes that is the reason this installment has gotten so much acclaim, including being one of the only animated films nominated for Best Picture.  Lee Unkrich has shown himself to be one of Pixar's finest directors, and Toy Story 3 might be the crown achievement from his repertoire.  The film landed on 31% of the lists submitted with an average score of 3.6.

Decade Count: 10s (12), 90s (10), '00s (9), 80s (8), 70s (6), 60s (5), 50s (4), 40s (2), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (47), 80%-90% (10)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (1), 900m (2), 800m (1), 600m (1), 500m (1), 400m (5), 300m (3), 200m (8), 100m (13), Under 100m (20)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (2), Damien Chazelle (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Francis Ford Copolla (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Stanley Donen (1), Clint Eastwood (1), David Fincher (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), John Lasseter (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Sergio Leone (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), Christopher Nolan (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Ridley Scott (1), Bryan Singer (1), Andrew Stanton (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (6), Pixar (3), Star Wars (2), James Cameron (2), Marvel (2), Toy Story (2) 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), Studio Ghibli (1), Alien and Predator (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1)

Genre Count: Drama (19), Thriller (15), Adventure (15), Sci-Fi (13), VFX Driven (13), Fantasy (12), Comedy (11), Action (10), Epic (10), Novel Adaption (9), Crime/Noir (9), Romance (8), Family/Children (8), Indie (7), Period Piece (7), War (6), Tragedy (6), Horror (6), Sequel (6), Musical (5), Cult Classic (5), Western (4), Foreign Language (4), Animation (4), Christmas (3), Melodrama (3), Spy/Detective (3), Superhero (2), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2), Sports (1), Romantic Comedy (1)

toy-story-3-22.jpg

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Trick question:

The right answer is Evil Dead 3!

ok, not really, though the epilogue is amazing. Evil Dead 2 should win for its creativity.

I can’t imagine Phantasm aged well. How’s that little metal ball holding up?

It is easily the best thing in the movie. Also tall man is impressive. But yeah, I can see why this is a cult classic, but boy it's...it's not very good.