The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

Today’s countdown will begin an hour or so after noon CT (that’s the plan), only have access to mobile until then

Dont worry, it’ll still be 10 films today like every day so far

Edited by Auteur Panda
  • Like 2

Se7en should be waaaaaaaaayyyyyy higher. So should Fight Club, The Shining, Rear Window, Holy Grail, Toy Story 2 and City Of God/Cidade De Deus. I should've done this list and taught you all what good tastes are like :apocalypse:

[Also, Avatar, Winter Soldier, the two SW sequel trilogy films and a bunch of others over Blade Runner, Holy Grail, Ghostbusters, Airplane and whatever other great films failed the list is a travesty, and I don't mind any of those movies just so you know where this is coming from :apocalypse:]

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Se7en should be waaaaaaaaayyyyyy higher. So should Fight Club, The Shining, Rear Window, Holy Grail, Toy Story 2 and City Of God/Cidade De Deus. I should've done this list and taught you all what good tastes are like :apocalypse:

[Also, Avatar, Winter Soldier, the two SW sequel trilogy films and a bunch of others over Blade Runner, Holy Grail, Ghostbusters, Airplane and whatever other great films failed the list is a travesty, and I don't mind any of those movies just so you know where this is coming from :apocalypse:]

Avatar is special. Expect it in the top50 next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 2

Fury Road is something I've grown to love even more as time goes on.  It used to be outside of my top 10 for 2015 but now it's just inside my top 5 (would put Paddington, Revenant, Room, and Inside Out ahead of it).  We'll see how far it goes up eventually.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Fury Road is something I've grown to love even more as time goes on.  It used to be outside of my top 10 for 2015 but now it's just inside my top 5 (would put Paddington, Revenant, Room, and Inside Out ahead of it).  We'll see how far it goes up eventually.

Paddington ?

That one ?

tumblr_ox8rrrgFZ41qisrwko6_500.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

Can we use this to persuade Tele to come back

Tele can only be found on Telegram nowadays. You will have to venture there if you want to find him. 

• Like 1

Bigger than Mad Max: Fury Road?  Will the onslaught of 2010s film stop here?

insideoutbanner.png

Number 20

Inside Out (2015)

Pixar Animation Studios, Directed by Pete Docter (104 Points, 26 Votes)

51vmcbYAakL.jpg

"Take her to the moon for me. Okay?"

Top 5 Placements: 3

Top 10 Placements: 5

Top 25 Placements: 8

Previous Rankings: 2016 (40, +20)

Awards Count: Won 1 Oscar

Tomatometer: 98% (8.9 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 356.5m (395.6m Adjusted)

Synopsis: After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school.

Critic Opinion: "An 11-year-old girl wrestles with the bickering emotions inside her head. It sounds like a therapy session. Instead, Pixar's 15th feature is another landmark, an unmissable film triumph that raises the bar on what animation can do and proves that live action doesn't have dibs on cinematic art. Oh, did I say it was funny? It is, uproariously so, when you're not brushing away a tear.

Docter gets into our control centers as well as Riley's. We all hear voices in our heads — no, not the kind that get you locked up. As envisioned by Docter, co-director Ronnie Del Carmen and co-writers Meg LeFauve and Josh Cooley, Inside Out isn't so much a tale of emotions at war as it is emotions angling for a truce, reflected in Michael Giacchino's glorious, mood-leaping score.  Too sophisticated? Maybe so when the film takes us to the dark subconscious, "where troublemakers go." Kids will probably roll with the abstract punches thrown by this burst of pure imagination. Parents and adults will likely be traumatized. You've been warned."  - Peter Travers

User Opinions: " A phrase i think will best describe and suit the movie, especially the second half, is - Emotionally Exhilarating. Plus superly imaginative too. The inner mind landscape was superb. Everything from Abstarct-thought area to dream productions scene was so imaginative and creative it was unbelievable. Bing Bong was a superbly created and highly lovable character. If it had been another studio he may have come across as very annoying, but Pixar made him a very adorable and funny character. The third half had quite a few tearful scenes and emotional scenes. Although I never really cried, I came very close, and a few tears did drop to be honest, at the last moment when sadness brought joy hand in hand with her to the control and Riley smiled faintly, still crying, as she was being hugged by her parents, which led to the formation of the mixed emotion ball."  - @Infernus

"Absolutely loved it. The humor worked perfectly with Anger's newspapers and the more blatant humor. The scene with the dream productions and Fear's commentary on it was also top notch. Where the film really exceeds though is (surprise, surprise) the emotional aspects. I was sobbing on and off the entire last 30 minutes of the film. To be honest, I've always wanted something like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends but more serious; the idea of moving on from an imaginary friend is the perfect symbolic milestone of growing up and putting aside past innocence. Inside Out gave me back that when I was least expecting it; as soon as Bing Bong shows up, you can guess he's a goner in some sense. No way he is making it back to Headquarters, but you worry subtly that he might become a villain. The exact opposite happens and he ends up being the character who cares about Riley's well-being and happiness more than anyone else. When he sings with Joy one last time, you know exactly what's going to happen but that doesn't make it less soul-crushing.

The other stuff near the end also wrecked me with Riley's reuniting with her parents and the ensuing memories being shown and even beforehand with Joy realizing how sadness is needed for joy to flourish, but nothing topped the wow of Docter's handling of Bing Bong. I'm sure other people here will write more on it, but yeah. Bing Bong is amazing and the film is amazing."  - @Blankments

Commentary: Pixar comes back into the fray again, edging out Mad Max: Fury Road for the highest ranking film of 2015, but is it the highest ranking movies of the 2010s?  I'd say Inside Out is an absolute Joy, but it's much more than that, and it gets across the opposite message of what the film intends.  Inside Out is the most intelligent film Pixar has ever created, creating a nuanced and fascinating world inside the head and psychology of a girl going through a defining few days in her life.  The film manages to be both heartbreaking and hilarious, and it's not only Pixar's most innovative and creative film, it's potentially one of the most inventive films ever made.  The film has essays worth of psychological subtext, and every little detail is crafted with care, it's a movie that simply grows into something more and more powerful with each re-watch.  Inside Out was the animation that made the most lists, it also made the more lists than any so far by showing up on 44% of the lists submitted with an average score of 4 from those users.

Decade Count: 90s (19), 10s (15), '00s (13), 80s (12), 70s (8), 60s (6), 50s (4), 40s (3), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (63), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (3)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (2), 600m (1), 500m (2), 400m (9), 300m (8), 200m (12), 100m (15), Under 100m (25)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Steven Spielberg (3), Ridley Scott (3), Damien Chazelle (2), Francis Ford Copolla (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Sergio Leone (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Hayao Miyazaki (2), Christopher Nolan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Michael Curtiz (1), Jonathan Demme (1), Stanley Donen (1), Frank Darabont (1), Pete Docter (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), George Miller (1), John Musker (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Robert Zemeckis (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (11), Pixar (7), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Alien and Predator (3), Studio Ghibli (3), Steven Spielberg (3), Dead Wife Cinematic Universe/Nolan (2), Marvel (2), WDAS (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1), The Godfather (1), Dollars (1), Hannibal (1), Mad Max (1)

Genre Count: Drama (31), Adventure (27), VFX Driven (24), Thriller (20), Sci-Fi (20), Fantasy (20), Epic (19), Action (18), Comedy (18), Family/Children (16), Period Piece (14), Romance (13), Novel Adaption (12), Crime/Noir (12), Sequel (12), Animation (12), Indie (11), War (10), Tragedy (10), Horror (9), Musical (6), Foreign Language (6), Cult Classic (5), Western (5), Melodrama (4), Romantic Comedy (4), Spy/Detective (4), Christmas (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

Inside-Out-2-News.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

What is this for?

It sounds a bit offensive right???.. I am seeing it now but I didn't mean it. It was just an attempt for humour of some sort.

Sorry to Panda his work in this deserves all the likes of the world!

I will delete it please do the same from your post If you can.