The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

So that means that out of all the films on my submitted Top 100 list...

• 28 made it into the Top 100
  • 22 made it into the 250-101 rankings
  • 50 missed the list entirely.

Well, on the positive side, at least that means I have the most balanced list, according to Thanos logic. On the negative side, y'all suck.

• Haha 3

I am actually very surprise to see people are upset because of titanic ranked so high...I mean it's well deserved! 

A stand-alone film stay relevant in the pop-culture more than 2 decades for a reason!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

The Dark Knight

Winter Soldier

The Avengers

Spider-Man 2

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Batman Begins

Ragnarok

Iron Man

Deadpool

Spider-Man

DOFP

TDKR

Batman Returns

I make that... 14... ewww.

Batman (1989), The Incredibles, Logan

17 minutes ago, DIXON said:

I am actually very surprise to see people are upset because of titanic ranked so high...I mean it's well deserved! 

A stand-alone film stay relevant in the pop-culture more than 2 decades for a reason!

I was upset it wasn't higher!

8 hours ago, Auteur Panda said:

The Coen Brothers and WrathofHan - The Coen Brothers, sadly, saw a fairly decent drop-off from previous years, and it must hurt even more than No Country and Big Lebowski were both 1 simple vote away from getting in.

Just remember, both of them would have made it if you hadn't counted the worldwide top 100. Avatar and Last Jedi would have fallen out, and The Avengers would've been way below 101, thus allowing LA Confidential, No Country and Lebowski in. 

Thank you for all the time and effort you gave to this, though.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This list ruined my like availability for weeks:)...I'm now out to start a morning!

But thanks so much Panda for helping run and post this list!  It was a lotta fun to follow the last few weeks, and I know it took an enormous amount of work:)!

As for the Top 2, I'm okay with it.  I think it's fair to give Peter Jackson the board love for the Oscar of which he was robbed.  The Fellowship of the Ring, being the 1st of the trilogy we saw, was literally in another stratosphere from what we'd seen before.  And like AIW this year, it had a real ending, even though it was a planned trilogy - it wasn't just a commercial for the next act.  And it had the most personal heart and sacrifice you see in the 3 movies (to be followed by ROTK - yes, I know more Orcs/elves/etc die in the next 2, but not the personal main characters you cared for).  And this comes from a total NON-Tolkien fan.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Just remember, both of them would have made it if you hadn't counted the worldwide top 100. Avatar and Last Jedi would have fallen out, and The Avengers would've been way below 101, thus allowing LA Confidential, No Country and Lebowski in. 

Of fuck me now I’m even more annoyed at JCS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

I was bored at work yesterday. I adjusted the list to remove the Top 100 All Time submission. Aside from pushing The Last Jedi and Avatar into the Top 100 that list has little significance on the overall list or rankings. The Top 5 stays the same. Titanic drops from #8 to #9. The Force Awakens still would have made it. Even if you assume a reduction of points for Avengers, Lewboski still would’ve been 101.

• Like 3

There's four in the top 100 I haven't seen"

Princess Mononoke

La La Land

Before Sunrise

Grave of the Fireflies

Expanding to the remaining 150

Before Sunset

Your Name

The Apartment

Amelie

My Neighbor Tortoro

Before Midnight

The Bicycle Thieves

Life of Brian

Cinema Paradiso

Modern Times

Roman Holiday

Mulholland Drive

500 Days of Summer

The Producers

Perks of Being A Wallflower

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Das Boot

Notorious

5 hours ago, Ranger Tree said:

The Dark Knight

Winter Soldier

The Avengers

Spider-Man 2

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Batman Begins

Ragnarok

Iron Man

Deadpool

Spider-Man

DOFP

TDKR

Batman Returns

I make that... 14... ewww.

Sorry, I was talking about the actual top 100.  I didn't realize he meant top 250.  Since we were only doing a list of the top 100, that was my focus.  But I should have read his comment more closely.  He said 250, not 100.  

There were four super hero movies in the top 100, if you want to count The Incredibles, which I don't because it is Pixar first.

TDK

Winter Soldier

Logan

All of those are better than the Mummy, imo.

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

Princess Mononoke

La La Land

Before Sunrise

Grave of the Fireflies

Expanding to the remaining 150

Before Sunset

Your Name

The Apartment

Amelie

My Neighbor Tortoro

Before Midnight

The Bicycle Thieves

Life of Brian

Cinema Paradiso

Modern Times

Roman Holiday

Mulholland Drive

500 Days of Summer

The Producers

Perks of Being A Wallflower

Das Boot

Notorious

If you liked Spirited Away, i suggest checking out those other animation films, 

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

Princess Mononoke

Grave of the Fireflies

Your Name
My Neighbor Tortoro

Life of Brian

Das Boot

WATCH THEM! ASAP!