sfran43

Monday's Numbers: updated - $4.62M (Final)

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

That all depends on where Jimbo lands on Pirahna 2: The Spawning. 

I’m assuming he does not count it. 

Surprised you actually put this level of thought into that post.

Feature Length film's he's only got 7 as he was fired after 10 days but they used his name anyway, Jim doesn't regret it though as it helped him get the funding to direct The Terminator.

Thinking around 18 million in weekdays and around 27 million 4th weekend for TA and then 9 million in weekdays and 17 million 4-day weekend to about a 619-620 total by Memorial Day.

It should have decent legs Till JW and should finish over 650 million for sure and think 660 is happening.

660 is the goal as then joins the domestic top 4 and the WW top 4. 

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thinking around 18 million in weekdays and around 27 million 4th weekend for TA and then 9 million in weekdays and 17 million 4-day weekend to about a 619-620 total by Memorial Day.

It should have decent legs Till JW and should finish over 650 million for sure and think 660 is happening.

660 is the goal as then joins the domestic top 4 and the WW top 4. 

It just came off a 60 million dollar weekend.  I think it has a bit more than 100 million left.  I think it has a shot at getting to 690-700.  The WOM on this is just too good.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

It just came off a 60 million dollar weekend.  I think it has a bit more than 100 million left.  I think it has a shot at getting to 690-700.  The WOM on this is just too good.

Yeah I was being quite conservative, I think Marvelites are rewatching this film in droves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

We'll have to see how harsh the drop is this weekend and how good the holiday bump is, but yeah I feel like this weekend was too good for it to just fade out that fast. I mean, AoU after its 3rd weekend of just $38m still made an additional $90m afterwards.. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I agree. 680-700 mill is the target.

im going for the 5th time in a double feature with Deadpool first this weekend

• Like 1

I feel as though when we can predict the final outcome of a films gross to 5% accuracy with ease it's no longer fun to follow.

This is in general as Infinity War would actually be a bad example because it's battling for 3rd spot worldwide.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah I was being quite conservative, I think Marvelites are rewatching this film in droves. 

I am no Marvelite but AIW is the first movie since R1 I have watched 3 times. I may see it again as it's definitely worth it. It's probably the best SH film ever made (yes, even better than The Dark Knight) and on par with LOTR:FOTR and TESB in terms of top quality fantasy cinema. 

I expect AIW to have relatively small drops once DP2 has opened. 

• Like 5