ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

LOL, when did MCU stick to the source? Many times not even in costume design. They take general idea and then write their own story.

As someone who read the leak, I can assure you the movie is not "Eternals fight the generic Deviantauri, the end" or that Eternals/Deviants dynamic is what you think it is. You don't know what the big deal in this movie is so no point discussing it on a blind. The leaked synopsis is great and previews confirmed it so it's going to be great. The story is great and will put the "but but why didn't they intervene rheeeeeee" complaints to the rest. Also, once you see it, you will easily figure out what MCU movie the events in Eternals will impact the most. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, when did MCU stick to the source? Many times not even in costume design. They take general idea and then write their own story.

As someone who read the leak, I can assure you the movie is not "Eternals fight the generic Deviantauri, the end" or that Eternals/Deviants dynamic is what you think it is. You don't know what the big deal in this movie is so no point discussing it on a blind. The leaked synopsis is great and previews confirmed it so it's going to be great. The story is great and will put the "but but why didn't they intervene rheeeeeee" complaints to the rest. Also, once you see it, you will easily figure out what MCU movie the events in Eternals will impact the most. 

People who legit are banking on the “why didn’t they show up already?!?” Argument are the same sort of folks who thought they were brainchildren years ago by pointing out “lol you know Cap in TWS could’ve called up Iron Man for help!”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RRA said:

People who legit are banking on the “why didn’t they show up already?!?” Argument are the same sort of folks who thought they were brainchildren years ago by pointing out “lol you know Cap in TWS could’ve called up Iron Man for help!”

LMAO! 

I mean, it's fine to ask but give film-makers a benefit of a doubt. Why do they think nobody at Marvel thought of that? They are acting like they discovered fire. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LMAO! 

I mean, it's fine to ask but give film-makers a benefit of a doubt. Why do they think nobody at Marvel thought of that? They are acting like they discovered fire. :lol:

Reminds me of a point somebody years ago made: for every new generation that thinks they’re clever for LOL “hey nobody ever noticed Supes and Clark Kent aren’t ever in the same room together!” when such obvious observations were already made by said Superman comics themselves in the 40s/50s/60s/forever. 

• Like 1

I disagree. The question is important in the continuity and the universe structure we have now. Phase 1 and 2 were sorta blech in this regard, but post IW things have changed and if they don't answer these question that will be sad.

I also think the reasoning is pretty good, that they just cared about the deviants threat and that is what the movie is about.

One thing I am sure, probably I am only one wondering about, how are they gonna fit the ageless Kingo as a Bollywood superstar who are huge public figure with fans scouring for the history of their favorite. Kingo's family, his origins, him not ageing would be some real issues he would face being a Bollywood superstar. Others can escape these with them being common men/women.

Though post Eternals events, I guess world would anyways know about him being Eternals, so...

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So basically Cruise/Reeves who barely aged. Not that hard especially in the industry that relies on Botox/plastic surgery (not that I'm saying Tom and Keanu had any). 

I see nothing unusual if Kingo looked (relatively) the same for 15-20 years. 

I assume he's already made out an "escape" plan whenever its time to exit fame, stage left. Reminds me of Highlander where they make a point to explain (in a memorable bit) how Christopher Lambert is able to periodically fake his death, take another identity (usually some dead orphan nobody will care twice to investigate), last testament and will himself his stuff, and rinse/repeat. 

Or how the Cullens always moved to another town and re-started high-school lol. I understand that being a public figure is more complicated but as you say they always have an escape plan and we don't even know how long Kingo has been a star. Perhaps not long enough for him to need an escape plan. Besides, he isn't the lead so doubtful they'll center the plot around it or address it outside of some brief comic relief moment. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Or how the Cullens always moved to another town and re-started high-school lol. I understand that being a public figure is more complicated but as you say they always have an escape plan and we don't even know how long Kingo has been a star. Perhaps not long enough for him to need an escape plan. Besides, he isn't the lead so doubtful they'll center the plot around it or address it outside of some brief comic relief moment. 

Nevermind that people (if motivated or just bored) are able to cook up their own head canons to wave off many potential questions. Sometimes that's part of the fun. 

5 hours ago, RRA said:

Steve would never call Tony for help. For all he knew, Tony was probably in on it. He did build the damn Hellicarriers. 💁‍♀️

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I disagree. The question is important in the continuity and the universe structure we have now. Phase 1 and 2 were sorta blech in this regard, but post IW things have changed and if they don't answer these question that will be sad.

I also think the reasoning is pretty good, that they just cared about the deviants threat and that is what the movie is about.

One thing I am sure, probably I am only one wondering about, how are they gonna fit the ageless Kingo as a Bollywood superstar who are huge public figure with fans scouring for the history of their favorite. Kingo's family, his origins, him not ageing would be some real issues he would face being a Bollywood superstar. Others can escape these with them being common men/women.

Though post Eternals events, I guess world would anyways know about him being Eternals, so...

I think you’re over thinking this just a little. I mean we joke that Keanu Reeves is immortal. He’s looked the same for 30 years. So it could be something like that with Kingo. Hell, let him do adverts for anti-aging creams 😂😂 Money and Plastic Surgery go a long way for actors looking fit. 

And then of course there is the ancient “I am really my father” gag with immortality.