ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 hours ago, JWR said:

Tickets officially on sale Monday, right?

Three weeks  before opening seems to be the standard date for advance sales to start, with a couple of exceptions.

Thing is once you start advasnce sales, the release date is really locked in legal reasons.

12 hours ago, john2000 said:

sec tv spot to hit 2 mill views, very very good on mon we will probably get some kind of a trailer to drop with the presales

2 million and 75k likes. Don't think any 30-second spot for SC reached that. "Protect" getting there is whatever since it was the first marketing for the film in months, so would be inflated on that alone. But I am impressed that "Team" managed to get there as well. It started off much lower than "Protect" did. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Three weeks  before opening seems to be the standard date for advance sales to start, with a couple of exceptions.

Thing is once you start advasnce sales, the release date is really locked in legal reasons.

I mean they delayed Bond after advance sales had already started and had to refund people who've already bought tickets, and that was at least a week before everything else shut down, so that's not entirely true.

Edited by cookie

4 hours ago, Menor said:

2 million and 75k likes. Don't think any 30-second spot for SC reached that. "Protect" getting there is whatever since it was the first marketing for the film in months, so would be inflated on that alone. But I am impressed that "Team" managed to get there as well. It started off much lower than "Protect" did. 

People really loved the super speed shown

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Menor said:

83k and 2.8 million views. Goddamn. This is reaching Super Bowl TV spot levels. It has already beaten Black Widow's big game spot. Next target will be CM's Super Bowl spot which was 3.8m views and 95k likes, don't think it will get there but really impressive to even get close. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 6

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

83k and 2.8 million views. Goddamn. This is reaching Super Bowl TV spot levels. It has already beaten Black Widow's big game spot. Next target will be CM's Super Bowl spot which was 3.8m views and 95k likes, don't think it will get there but really impressive to even get close. 

$105-115m OW incoming! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Bond not breaking out bodes well for Eternals over 100M OW. Early September had SC breakout. Early October had Venom. So a month later, it's Eternals time to break out.  It has event hype. 

Depends on if it's a crowd pleaser like Shang-Chi was. 

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's Marvel. of course it's going to be entertaining. Lavish locations, epic romance, massive threat, some new-to-Marvel journeys through history. And people love Ikea joke so humor too. 

Means yes. :)

The romance angle could hook a lot of people that don't usually watch these kinds of movies.

Yeah i think the romance side will be a great selling point.

But what i hope the most is that Marvel use this amazing casting to promote it, can be very helpful and bring very diverse demographics, which like Fast and Furious showed, is very good.

You have not only the superstars like Jolie, Madden and Kit. You can also bring asian audiences with Gemma Chan, Ma Dong Seok and Kumail Nanjiani. You can bring latin audience with Salma Hayek. You can bring black audience with Brian Tyree and Lauren Ridlof.

This movie really have a shot of becoming very huge thanks to appealing for lots of different people, but they need to sell it.

• Like 1

For presales, Eternals is only getting set for 2 screens (8 showings) at my 1st Cinemark and 2.75 screens (11 showings) at my 2nd Cinemark.  Did Disney alter the revenue deals lately b/c it seems my theaters are gonna make Disney and this movie earn the extra "Tuesday before open" added showings...

Although it could just be how much holdover material will be hanging around, so they don't want to make "must dump" calls yet til they also see presales prove they need it...

Edited by TwoMisfits

58 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For presales, Eternals is only getting set for 2 screens (8 showings) at my 1st Cinemark and 2.75 screens (11 showings) at my 2nd Cinemark.  Did Disney alter the revenue deals lately b/c it seems my theaters are gonna make Disney and this movie earn the extra "Tuesday before open" added showings...

Although it could just be how much holdover material will be hanging around, so they don't want to make "must dump" calls yet til they also see presales prove they need it...

Longer runtime may deflate number of showtimes for previews. 

Start at 6 with a near 3 hour runtime will obviously restrict preview showtimes a bit, but I wouldn’t be concerned about that.    

There really won’t be too much in the way of holdover demand, looking at ballpark:

V2 3.5M

NTTD 4.5M

HWK 3.5M 

Dune 9M 

Ron 5M 

Soho 5M

nothing else even worth mentioning. So it’s safe to assume it will get as many screens as it needs as long as PS are showing demand.