ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

You guys in this thread are too soft. Want constant negativity? Try Dune thread before Dune started to do well OS. Posting some funny tweet is far from Will Bomb Worse Than BR2049 24-7. 

This is business as usual:

MCU movie is having a premiere.

BOT: "ha ha lets see all those Best Movie Eva reactions , I can write that in my sleep"

Reactions are out and while they are extremly positive, they are not Best Movie Eva and there's 2 mixed to negative reactions out of 5M possitives

Everyone immediately zero's on 2 mixed-negative out of 5M positive.

Headline immediately changes to Mixed Reactions

Meltdowns

Review embargo is lifted, starts with 100%, has some minor hickups along the way (translation: Slant gives it a negative cause that's what Slant does), finishes with 90% or more, never under 80%. 

Rinse repeat. 

I should repost this in NWH thread come December. :stirthepot:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 6

Just now, TheDude391 said:

There's a reason why the leaked post credits scene caused such a stir...

It’s what we all want but I know in my heart if there’s one person in this film who’d be willing to hang dong it’s probably that weird Irish guy.

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

You guys in this thread are too soft. Want constant negativity? Try Dune thread before Dune started to do well OS. Posting some funny tweet is far from Will Bomb Worse Than BR2049 24-7. 

This is business as usual:

MCU movie is having a premiere.

BOT: "ha ha lets see all those Best Movie Eva reactions , I can write that in my sleep"

Reactions are out and while they are extremly positive, they are not Best Movie Eva and there's 2 mixed to negative reactions out of 5M possitives

Everyone immediately zero's on 2 mixed-negative out of 5M positive.

Headline immediately changes to Mixed Reactions

Meltdowns

Review embargo is lifted, starts with 100%, has some minor hickups along the way (translation: Slant gives it a negative cause that's what Slant does), finishes with 90% or more, never under 80%. 

Rinse repeat. 

I should repost this in NWH thread come December. :stirthepot:

Dune even faced the "mixed" word after premiere even with pretty good reviews lol.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

David Ehrlich didn't like it but he did confirm that we finally get a horny marvel movie for the first time in forever. I hate how robotic and cold a lot of modern comic book films tend to be in regard to relationships so this should be a nice change of pace

For years all we ever gotten from Marvel are the obligatory shirtless abs, and some cleavage shots. But nothing past that. 

Of course it takes a poc woman director to finally make a horny marvel movie. We rejoice. 

(well, there was kinda naked Stellan Skarsgard running around in Thor but we don’t talk about that)  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Only thing that worries me is a couple of JL comparisons I saw. Hope this one doesn't feel like that.

i mean it depends , if you are reffering about the guy who mentioned zack snyder, he seems to love that movie so when he mention it in the eternals he probably meant it in a very good way

Just now, john2000 said:

i mean it depends , if you are reffering about the guy who mentioned zack snyder, he seems to love that movie so when he mention it in the eternals he probably meant it in a very good way

He elaborated and said it also reminded him about the theatrical JL and felt like the characters were underdeveloped. I was mostly in line with him on BW, TSS, and SC so it does worry me a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

He elaborated and said it also reminded him about the theatrical JL and felt like the characters were underdeveloped. I was mostly in line with him on BW, TSS, and SC so it does worry me a bit. 

i see it seems that maybe i was talking about a different reactions , still we are talking about a movie with basically 12 character all the eternals+dane+kro and a bunch more, so its logical that some characters are not as developed still one of the positives that almost everyone says is that the movie does a GREAT job with its character so 🤷‍♀️ but i mean hey all opinions are subjective.

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

i see it seems that maybe i was talking about a different reactions , still we are talking about a movie with basically 12 character all the eternals+dane+kro and a bunch more, so its logical that some characters are not as developed still one of the positives that almost everyone says is that the movie does a GREAT job with its character so 🤷‍♀️ but i mean hey all opinions are subjective.

Oh sure, I'm still gonna watch and form my own opinion, and many reactions have praised the characters. Just gives me a bit of trepidation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

What i found funny is that he really liked tho.

He pointed all that but probably didn't bother that much.

• Like 1

Just scrolled through some reactions from youtubers . They ain't the best reviewers out there Make of them what you will.

Campea - highly  positive

Grace. -  mildly positive.

Cosmic wonder . Liked it but gave it a 7/10 and said it may not be for everyone and he said reactions around seemed mixed based on those he interacted with though this is highly anecdotal.

Reel rejects . John  liked it but alba was mixed and said he couldn't emotionally connect to the characters and said it felt like reading a "book" which doesn't suprise me since reviews are saying it's quite dense and he also didn't like the cinematography but he still needs to digest it more .

Consensus for all of them shangchi was better.

Audience reaction for this will be very interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Just scrolled through some reactions from youtubers . They ain't the best reviewers out there Make of them what you will.

Campea - highly  positive

Grace. -  mildly positive.

Cosmic wonder . Liked it but gave it a 7/10 and said it may not be for everyone and he said reactions around seemed mixed based on those he interacted with though this is highly anecdotal.

Reel rejects . John  liked it but alba was mixed and said he couldn't emotionally connect to the characters and said it felt like reading a "book" which doesn't suprise me since reviews are saying it's quite dense and he also didn't like the cinematography but he still needs to digest it more .

Consensus for all of them shangchi was better.

Audience reaction for this will be very interesting.

personally i dont even know if the comparison with shang chi is fair based on what i read, anyways audience will probably like it maybe at worst A-

ps also important to remember that expectations can affect opinions a lot unlike eternals most people were expecting shang chi based on the trailers to be antman level quality so when they saw that it was better, they gave it a better reaction that they maybe would have if their expectations werent that tempered, just my thought.

Edited by john2000

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

personally i dont even know if the comparison with shang chi is fair based on what i read, anyways audience will probably like it maybe at worst A-

ps also important to remember that expectations can affect opinions a lot unlike eternals most people were expecting shang chi based on the trailers to be antman level quality so when they saw that it was better, they gave it a better reaction that they maybe would have if their expectations werent that tempered, just my thought.

While I would ignore early reactions and wait for movie to release why is it unfair to compare a MCU movie with one just released a month ago. !!!!

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

While I would ignore early reactions and wait for movie to release why is it unfair to compare a MCU movie with one just released a month ago. !!!!

unfair in a sense that the reactions arent the same, and the highlights  and characteristics of the movie seem to be very different compare to shang chi. Thats my interpertation though maybe i am wrong 🤷‍♀️.