ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

17 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Despite your frequently perfect and insightful posts, I knew there was something horribly wrong with you deep down... :P

Hahaha! Well, nobody's perfect, including me. :P 

But thank you (for the first part of that sentence), lol. 

When I say that the MCU isn't for me, I genuinely don't mean that as a knock on the quality of the MCU - just that, for whatever reason, I haven't been drawn into the universe and therefore haven't seen most of the films, including any of the Avengers films. The films I have seen are the "weirder" or lesser known entities, and I have enjoyed those films. Maybe a time will come when I'll marathon all of the films, and be really blown away being able to see all of the layers and connections. I also love following the box office of MCU films and root for them all to do gangbusters.

Do these qualifiers make it so that there is a little less "horribly wrong" with me? Hehe.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

David Ehrlich didn't like it but he did confirm that we finally get a horny marvel movie for the first time in forever. I hate how robotic and cold a lot of modern comic book films tend to be in regard to relationships so this should be a nice change of pace

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah I remember people on here talking about how sexless the MCU movies are now under Disney. Adults having adult relationships is a huge plus.

Romance and hornyness in big blockbusters is treated as archaic now and I just simply don't get it.  Its one of the things that sunk all the Disney Star Wars for me, its like they were made by celibates.  I remember the main character in Rogue one suddenly being in love with Mr. Accent right before they're blown up by the death star but it felt completely unearned and tacked on for "dramatic scene purposes"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Hahaha! Well, nobody's perfect, including me. :P 

But thank you (for the first part of that sentence), lol. 

When I say that the MCU isn't for me, I genuinely don't mean that as a knock on the quality of the MCU - just that, for whatever reason, I haven't been drawn into the universe and therefore haven't seen most of the films, including any of the Avengers films. The films I have seen are the "weirder" or lesser known entities, and I have enjoyed those films. Maybe a time will come when I'll marathon all of the films, and be really blown away being able to see all of the layers and connections. I also love following the box office of MCU films and root for them all to do gangbusters.

Do these qualifiers make it so that there is a little less "horribly wrong" with me? Hehe.

Peace,

Mike

My god, he’s saving up for the binge model :ohmygod:

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Romance and hornyness in big blockbusters is treated as archaic now and I just simply don't get it.  Its one of the things that sunk all the Disney Star Wars for me, its like they were made by celibates.  I remember the main character in Rogue one suddenly being in love with Mr. Accent right before they're blown up by the death star but it felt completely unearned and tacked on for "dramatic scene purposes"

This didn't happen in Rogue One?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Eh. If there was supposed to be romance there, they would have kissed. 

Just now, MrPink said:

It feels like something they thought about and ultimately decided against (which was the right move).

IMO it's ambiguous enough that it could be (and very much has by some fans) read either way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

IMO it's ambiguous enough that it could be (and very much has by some fans) read either way.

I just meant making it explicit. By leaving it ambiguous they could let the fans read into it so we're on the same page.

• Like 1