ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's been over a day now. What happened to him?

Maybe John Chumpea finally found a life? Seriously, why do we pay attention to online twerps like him?

Edited by RRA
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You won't be saying this in 10 years when John Campea becomes a politician and instates the death penalty for spoiling kids movies.

He’ll have to do a lot more superchats to fund that first campaign. 

7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Film twitter is so obsessed with this movie and its reactions. 😆

“It’s Marvel’s version of a Zack Snyder” is both the most horrifying and fascinating description I’ve heard for an upcoming movie in some time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RRA said:

“It’s Marvel’s version of a Zack Snyder” is both the most horrifying and fascinating description I’ve heard for an upcoming movie in some time. 

I find it more horrifying when critics compared Justice League (including Superman, Aquaman (who had $1billion solo film), Batman, WW) to Eternals and literally thought JL's reputation is just so "low" they're on the same level as Marvel's unknown comic superheroes. 

So....Isn't Nolan the one who initiated the idea of dark superhero films for the audience of this era by making The Dark Knight trilogy? Why does everyone keep discrediting him? All ZS's superhero films  was a series of failed attempts of recreating Nolan's works with pretentious religious messages and superdramatic Dragon Ball fight scenes.
On the other hand, I wonder if Eternals is really that bad in those critics' eyes, it can't be compared to Nolan so they referred it to ZS's superhero film instead? Personally what they're doing now on twitter and youtube scares the hell out of me. Last time I check Snyder and WB broke up because Snyder came up with an idea that the ending of DC universe would be the iconic American superhero Superman got ...cuckold and had to raise Batman's kid, but it got rejected, so he wanted to strip off Superboy's right of inheriting his Kryptonian father's power and forced him to become "a Batman" instead while Batman's real sons Damian, the Robin kids, etc were nowhere to be found. Please don't go that route Papa Feige! 

Edited by Arian1010

24 minutes ago, Arian1010 said:

So....Isn't Nolan the one who initiated the idea of dark superhero films for the audience of this era by making The Dark Knight trilogy? Why does everyone keep discrediting him? All ZS's superhero films  was a series of failed attempts of recreating Nolan's works with pretentious religious messages and superdramatic Dragon Ball fight scenes.
On the other hand, I wonder if Eternals is really that bad in those critics' eyes, it can't be compared to Nolan so they referred it to ZS's superhero film instead? Personally what they're doing now on twitter and youtube scares the hell out of me. Last time I check Snyder and WB broke up because Snyder came up with an idea that the ending of DC universe would be the iconic American superhero Superman got ...cuckold and had to raise Batman's kid, but it got rejected, so he wanted to strip off Superboy's right of inheriting his Kryptonian father's power and forced him to become "a Batman" instead while Batman's real sons Damian, the Robin kids, etc were nowhere to be found. Please don't go that route Papa Feige! 

Technically Tim Burton beat them both to the punch with the "dark superhero" approach. 

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Technically Tim Burton beat them both to the punch with the "dark superhero" approach. 

The Tim Burton Batman movies are also campy shit though. 

As for the Modern era, Nolan is incorrectly credited for introducing the serious superhero approach.  It was the first 2 X-Men movies, particularly the second one with its heady themes and handful of gnarly scenes for a PG-13.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't know  what film Twitter encompasses but all I've seen over the past day is Kingo, Kingo, Kingo

Yep. He's Ben Affleck in The Last Duel. Comic reliefs or humorous performances in otherwise serious/dour movies tend to be favorites cause they lighten the mood. People also loved Silva in Skyfall who also felt like he was acting in a totally different movie, but that was entertaining to watch. Point being, a character is guaranteed to be a fan favorite if he is funny/entertaining. :)

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep. He's Ben Affleck in The Last Duel. Comic reliefs or humorous performances in otherwise serious/dour movies tend to be favorites cause they lighten the mood. People also loved Silva in Skyfall who also felt like he was acting in a totally different movie, but that was entertaining to watch. Point being, a character is guaranteed to be a fan favorite if he is funny/entertaining. :)

I don't think that was what they meant. I have seen some of these tweets as well. It's more like Kingo's name being used as a joke by people who haven't watched the movie. 

Edited by Menor

44 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

He basically shifted all focus to his cohost's reaction but has himself kind of avoided saying anything that would indicate how he felt about the movie.

He literally write this:

It's always hilarious to read morons who try to spin and twist things. "I can tell from his facial expressions he didn't like it", "he didn't say it's the greatest thing ever, so he obviously didn't like it". Someone let me know exactly how much of a moron you have to be to not understand the words "it's magnificent, fantastic" that i clearly said on my reaction?

At this point people is believing in what they want really. Not only with Campea, since reactions dropped anyone that didn't scream "it's the best movie i've ever seen" is getting people on social media saying they dislike it and don't want to make it clear.

• Like 3

Fans: enough with "best movie ever" reactions, it's embarrassing!

Also fans: what? no "best movie ever" reaction? Mixed! Flop!

;)

I do appreciate that thanks to "best movie ever" becoming a meme reactors are now looking for more creative ways to express their owe. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2