ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, Nikostar said:

Well at least critics and audiences loved Shang-Chi. One good Marvel movie this year is better than none. Hopefully Spider Man can make up for the Eternals the same way Shang Chi made of for that mess called Black Widow.

make up for what ? eternals have positive reactions and as for bw you may not like it but the movie also has good critic/audience ratings.

• Like 1

lets not start saying bull now, regardless of what anyone though on bw the movie got positive reactions both from critics and audience alike and as for eternals like come on it maybe isnt what we thought but the reactions are in no way bad and at worse you could still call the reviews decent.

• Like 1

Oooh. Interesting. 

A very low start for a Marvel film, but it’s only at 30 odd reviews, literally several hundred to come. 

On a side note, I’m surprised at the bad review from The Telegraph and the fact that Empire only gave it a 3/5, they often foam at the mouth for Marvel films. 

This will go Rotten I think. I’d say it might settle in the 50s.

It just seems from the reviews that this Zhao and Marvel collaboration didn’t really work. Too different styles that didn’t really fit together.

At least Marvel and Zhao tried to change it up a little so they deserve credit for that but alas.

Seeing some complaints from critics who dislike marvel formula that it isn’t as Zhao as they wanted, from ones that like the marvel formula that it’s too Zhao, and from ones all over the place that it straddles the two awkwardly. Frankly I don’t think the GA will be cognizant of this whole tiresome dynamic — they like the marvel formula, but are okay with some small deviations (which are really part of the formula anyway).