ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Reviewers who reviewed Black Widow 

BW - 18/23 (78%)
SC - 16/16

ET - 15/23 (65%)
V2 - 6/11 (55%)

Reviewers who reviewed Shang Chi

BW - 12/16 (75%)

SC - 23/23
ET - 16/23 (70%)

V2 - 5/10 (50%)

Reviewers who watched all 3 MCU movies

SC - 16/16

BW - 12/16 (75%)

ET - 11/16 (69%)

V2 - 4/9 (44%)

Not much clarification except that final result of other two was round same of this sample.

Huh, that's a bit strange. Would have expected these early reviewers to have been on the higher end for BW, whose embargo drop date was not that different. 

2 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

I hope NWH gets like 30% and then opens above TLJ just for the sake of the December discourse :sparta:

I would be more shocked at bad reviews for NWH than Eternals. Watts has already demonstrated the ability to get good reviews twice, and I would assume Feige and others would be more hands-on in a big event movie like this. Now that might not be good for those who want a singular vision for these things, but it does usually ensure a critical floor for them. 

That said, I didn't like the NWH trailer, but I'm definitely in the minority there. Critics also won't be immune to the  excitement of the cameos and callbacks. 

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

I definitely believe in world premiere bias and it has been demonstrated many times. But that applies to every big franchise (or almost all). 

Also applies to the film festival circuit.

Every time reviews come out of film festivals you swear the films are the next reincarnation of Jesus or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Also applies to the film festival circuit.

Every time reviews come out of film festivals you swear the films are the next reincarnation of Jesus or something.

Ha ha this. "best movie of ______ (insert director)'s career". "Best performance of _________(insert actor)'s career"...oh wait, the actor is in 3 movies? lets just say each performance is the best of actor's career! :lol:

16 hours ago, Noctis said:

I don't know...aside from IM1, WS, GOTG2, BP and Endgame, these movies are extremely similar and kind of a blur. Shang Chi...was definitely a step in the right direction.

This disrespect to Infinity War really is something.

• Like 1

I always get shocked seeing people using rotten tomatoes as a proof of a movie being terrible (without seeing it).

I like RT / Metacritic, it's a good entertainment, but i just can't use as a sacred thing. In this case especifically, for the good or the bad it seems like it's a experimentation for MCU, i can't believe it's terrible just because some people say so.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would be more shocked at bad reviews for NWH than Eternals. Watts has already demonstrated the ability to get good reviews twice, and I would assume Feige and others would be more hands-on in a big event movie like this. Now that might not be good for those who want a singular vision for these things, but it does usually ensure a critical floor for them. 

That said, I didn't like the NWH trailer, but I'm definitely in the minority there. Critics also won't be immune to the  excitement of the cameos and callbacks. 

The problem with NWH for me is how fast everything is happening.

I dislike Jon Watts because i just can't see any personality there, but at the same time i feel really bad for him. NWH is a megalomaniac movie written quickly, with weirdly quick shooting, ridiculous post production deadline, and then it passes for apparently big rewrites and reshoots only 4 months before release.

I just can't see how someone can have an artistic voice while making such a gigantic movie in such little time. The previous 2 movies are more grounded, this one is aiming for an Avengers scale but done way faster, i hope he manage to deliver but i suspect it will be fully a studio movie. DS2 was going the same route but at least seems like Raimi got some time to really work on it since they delayed 3 times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The problem with NWH for me is how fast everything is happening.

I dislike Jon Watts because i just can't see any personality there, but at the same time i feel really bad for him. NWH is a megalomaniac movie written quickly, with weirdly quick shooting, ridiculous post production deadline, and then it passes for apparently big rewrites and reshoots only 4 months before release.

I just can't see how someone can have an artistic voice while making such a gigantic movie in such little time. The previous 2 movies are more grounded, this one is aiming for an Avengers scale but done way faster, i hope he manage to deliver but i suspect it will be fully a studio movie. DS2 was going the same route but at least seems like Raimi got some time to really work on it since they delayed 3 times.

I don't think being a studio movie would be a particular issue for critical reviews. AOU got 75% with arguably bigger challenges and more meddling (I expect NWH to be higher). That said, in terms of my personal enjoyment, I agree with you on the quick production and big scale being a point of concern. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I always get shocked seeing people using rotten tomatoes as a proof of a movie being terrible (without seeing it).

I like RT / Metacritic, it's a good entertainment, but i just can't use as a sacred thing.

Above 90%? Best movie ever made

85%? It's good!

70% Meh flop

60% Bomb

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1