ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

38 minutes ago, Menor said:

"These characters only exist to add moral questions on a thematic level."  

What?  

So...like good characters are supposed to function?  

Who are these people that somehow think superhero movies can't engage these questions?  

Edited by Macleod

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"These characters only exist to add moral questions on a thematic level."  

What?  

So...like good characters are supposed to function?  

Who are these people that somehow think superhero movies can't engage these questions?  

I'm guessing what they're trying to say is that they "saw the gears" too much, so to speak. Like, they knew the Deviants were supposed to add moral questions, but they weren't as impactful as characters (from the marketing, more like entities?) as the reviewer wanted. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

RT 75 | 6.3/10 (48 reviews)

STOP THE COUNT!!!!!

I see a decent amount of positive reviews on Twitter from tonight, so don't stop it just yet. 

Not to overstate things, it's not super amazing glowing stuff, but definitely not bad at all. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Valonqar said:

@Ipickthiswhiterose Great points and amen to It Chapter 2 reviews. The movie was a chore. Overlong, boring, not scary, choppy, etc just didn't come together on any level and even performances were uneven. Hader and Skarsgaard were good. The rest barely had anything to do but look bug eyed. But it got a pass not to drag the really good Chapter 1 down. 

The conclusion to It is just very hard to film. The novel works because King is such a great story-teller.

52 minutes ago, Menor said:

I'm guessing what they're trying to say is that they "saw the gears" too much, so to speak. Like, they knew the Deviants were supposed to add moral questions, but they weren't as impactful as characters (from the marketing, more like entities?) as the reviewer wanted. 

Yeah, I get that.  But so-called "critics" are funny these days.  Dude says he eats pop culture.  That's all I need to know.  Anyway, sounds like most of the major problems here are with the story/script.  But it's hard to even judge that, as we never quite know how something changes when it's filmed and then when it's edited.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Yeah this are the typical best marvel movie ever even with some oscar chatter I was expecting initiatially before social media and critical embargo dropped.

Yeah RT for this may be in the mid 70s to 80 % but with a really low average . Don't think this ever had any chance of being rotten but ofcorse going within the TDW is possible but highly unlikely.

With what I'm seeing from reviews other critics are generally positive with average 6.5-7/10 ratings then top critics is where we are getting 2/5s and even those leaning positive don't go much above a 3.

Times UK posted a negative 2 stars review on there site but it hasn't posted in rt yet so that is incoming.

For an mcu movie to be rotten it has to have significant divide among the normal critics.

MC will probably finish mid 50s to 60%. Since its contains most of the top critics who are harsher it would move much from that range.

48 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

76 RT at 49 reviews :ohmygod:

Will see where it will be a fter 100 reviews where it doesn't over fluctuate. Right now a negative review takes it  back down to 72%

Edit. Nah dumb made a mistake it has 37 positive reviews so it's 74% . But point still stands .

Edited by Liiviig 1998