ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

The production predated Disney’s acquisition of Fox, but she said the high-stakes merger worked in her favor. The two projects no longer involved rival distributors and she edited them at the same time. “Sometimes, on Zoom, the exec on each side will make a joke about the other film, like, ‘Oh, I saw some of it!’,” she said. “Other than that, as a filmmaker, it hasn’t really affected me.”

While Phase 4 of the MCU remains shrouded in secrecy, “Eternals” is already known as a boundary-breaking film with the series’ first LGBT character and an Indian hero played by Kumail Nanjiani. Zhao, who has the kind of gentle, muted presence embodied by her movies, shrugged off the pressure of the commercial enterprise. “I’ve been a fan of the MCU for over a decade, so it makes sense for me to jump into a Marvel movie,” she said. “I want to make films that last, that have a timeless feel to them, that aren’t just a flash in the pan with whatever topic is trending on Twitter right now. I’m not interested in that stuff.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/09/nomadland-interview-chloe-zhao-1234584703/

• Like 11
  • Astonished 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

I wonder if Marvel will be fun and hire a Indian music director for the song and not just lame showing BTS song.

BTS Army will end you if they see this blasphemy.

I agree that the West's idea of Bollywood musicals is cringey though. I hope the song is better than this

And ESPECIALLY whatever this shit was supposed to be (coz Bollywood it ain't): 

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Umm SRK's stardom has faded quite a bit in the last decade. Hrithik is known for his dancing skills and is easily the bigger star now.

Hold down for a moment.

Yeah SRK has been on downside lately but HR ain't half of SRK yet. SRK on his bad day is opening films near ₹20cr, HR was having hard time crossing double digit until recently.

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why not go for the big guns and just hire SRK

I will like to see his son but he isn't really into acting but more in directing stuff as per him. 

But most likely he will act some day.

My wish was to them dub Incredibles 2, SRK dubbed for Mr. Incredible in first film.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3d-8Np6Bzly75_GZi_xW

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

but I get it. Kumail has appeal to american audiences. A Hasan Minhaj have more chance to get the role than actual Indian actor, but ironical move to cast Pakistani-American actor as Bollywood star, in reality Pakistani artists are banned since last 4 years.

Minhaj has better comedic timing than Kumail, imo. He has less acting experience though. Maybe it's a Lollywood dance sequence, lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Hrithik's movie War was the biggest hit there last year

Yeah it was biggest grosser but last year was also the worst in term of big grosser.

Hrithik is among best Bollywood dancers. Thats true.

some more songs.

Spoiler

Edited by charlie Jatinder

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

but I get it. Kumail has appeal to american audiences. A Hasan Minhaj have more chance to get the role than actual Indian actor, but ironical move to cast Pakistani-American actor as Bollywood star, in reality Pakistani artists are banned since last 4 years.

Why are you claiming that he is not Pakistani? He is Pakistani.

You go on about this all the time Jat. What is wrong with you? I might as well say that you're not an Indian because you are here on an American web forum!

Nanjiani was born in 1977 or 1978 and grew up in Karachi,[1] the first of two sons of Sindhi couple Shabana and Aijaz Nanjiani.[5] Nanjiani was raised as a Muslim[6] and had an Islamic wedding ceremony,[7] though he later became an atheist.[8] Scottish Pakistani radio presenter Shereen Nanjiani is his second cousin.[9][10][11] During his childhood, he lived in Karachi and attended St. Michael's Convent School for his O Levels and graduated from Karachi Grammar School to complete his A Levels. At 18, he moved to the U.S. and enrolled at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa, where he graduated in 2001 with a double major in computer science and philosophy.[2][12][13]

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

image.png

I didn't claim he isn't Pakistani. I explcitily said "Pakistani-American"

And I think he is American citizen now and not more a Pakistani than some one like Sundar Pichai is Indian.

so what? You can have dual nationality. you can be of one nationality and move to another country.