ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

20 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I'm pretty sure they would offer to Luke Evans first. He has the look/build of a superhero and has had mainstream film success with Disney. 

Yeah, but, Bomer is beautiful, and Scott is Chris' Brother, so.  🙏

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Watch Andrew Rannells become this film's Chris Pratt

I would be so okay with that. Most people cited Blake Lively as the GOAT in A Simple Favor, but whenever Rannells was on screen, I was dying with laughter. Put him in all the things!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Yeah, but, Bomer is beautiful, and Scott is Chris' Brother, so.  🙏

Bomer's already playing DC's first big gay male superhero on Doom Patrol, so there might be contract issues with that

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Laurence Fishburne and Djimon Honsou played for both teams.

Fishburne was Fox/Marvel's Silver Surfer too, so all he needs now is a role in V3nom for a full bingo.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TMP said:

Bomer's already playing DC's first big gay male superhero on Doom Patrol, so there might be contract issues with that

A web series.....

If that keeps him from starring in an MCU movie he has to be kicking himself and his agent.

He really should be getting more big screen roles, period.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TMP said:

Watch Andrew Rannells become this film's Chris Pratt

Is this movie going for the similar fugitive on the run story route set upon the background of intergalactic warring clans like The New Gods with the human touch akin to Bumblebee ?

Finally the MCU, and a superhero film, is gonna have an openly gay character in a movie, better late than never. As you've said before here I hope they don't turn it into another LeFou and they treat it with respect. Unfortunately the controversy with Captain Marvel is gonna look like nothing compared to what they are gonna say about this, and honestly if your movie is upsetting these type of people then you know you're doing something right. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Laurence Fishburne and Djimon Honsou played for both teams.

Honsou's MCU role is even sandwiched in between him playing two different DC characters.  He was Papa Midnite in Constantine.

I mean I don’t think this will be gayer than Bohemian Rhapsody (and it doesn’t need to be given it’s a fantasy/action movie and not someone’s biopic..)  and that’s doing just fine overseas. 

Edited by Rebeccas

22 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean I don’t think this will be gayer than Bohemian Rhapsody (and it doesn’t need to be given it’s a fantasy/action movie and not someone’s biopic..)  and that’s doing just fine overseas. 

Might be in parts other groups of audience? Expectaions about SHs other than about a musician of the past? Not the same in some ways?

Not saying it will be so, but to not count on it getting the same kind of reactions as BR

35 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Might be in parts other groups of audience? Expectaions about SHs other than about a musician of the past? Not the same in some ways?

Not saying it will be so, but to not count on it getting the same kind of reactions as BR

BR did well cause of Queen's music being a stronger incentive than the gay stuff being a deterrent even for homophobes, I think at this point Marvel's brand is strong enough for them to take a chance no? I mean, if Marvel, the world's most popular franchise, isn't willing to do it then who is? 

Just now, Rebeccas said:

BR did well cause of Queen's music being a stronger incentive than the gay stuff being a deterrent even for homophobes, I think at this point Marvel's brand is strong enough for them to take a chance no? I mean, if Marvel, the world's most popular franchise, isn't willing to do it then who is? 

deadpool_2_negasonic_teenage_yukio_lesbi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Aehm, maybe I worded it badly, I am fully for inclusion, but to conclude out of BRs success, that it will be the same for a CBM is IMHO premature

15 hours ago, TMP said:

There are no such "contract issues" in play like many people seem to think between studios like Marvel/Disney and Warner Bros./DCEnt.  It's no different than any other studio commitment, time and money vs. what the actor is willing/able to sign up to. 

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

deadpool_2_negasonic_teenage_yukio_lesbi

Boom:shades:

People acting like Marvel is doing something special here...FOX already did the Gay actors and character thing..but I'm sure the media will conveniently forget about it...🙄