ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

13 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This is like a LeFou "pee at the wrong moment and you'll miss it" situation. I mean 5 seconds of screentime vs. the lead is not really comparable. 

Not at all, she says she is lesbian and hangs out with her girlfriend the whole movie. Impossible to miss it.

And nothing says the gay character is the lead in this one (if that rumor is even true).

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not at all, she says she is lesbian and hangs out with her girlfriend the whole movie. Impossible to miss it.

And nothing says the gay character is the lead in this one (if that rumor is even true).

i mean their total screen time is like 40 seconds so "the whole movie" for them is almost nothing.. i guess we could introduce a character, have him say "i'm gay" and then disappear and that counts as 100% of his screentime being gay!

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

i mean their total screen time is like 40 seconds so "the whole movie" for them is almost nothing.

Longer, but that is moving the goalposts. The point is that it wasn't a Lefou "blink it and you miss it" situation. (Did Lefou even say he was gay?)

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

i guess we could introduce a character, have him say "i'm gay" and then disappear and that counts as 100% of his screentime being gay! 

Well that would be an amazing breakthrough for the MCU.

Edited by MrGlass2

25 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

The link posted here mentions the gay actor/character they're looking for is going to be a lead.

20 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I don't believe for a second that a major superhero film churned by the MCU pipeline is going to feature an openly gay male lead. Tt will probably be a member of the ensemble and it will most likely be the same ole BS that they did with Lefou. 

Why not? The 23 film saga will be over by then, they will be able to take more risks. true how much of his sexuality they show will be interesting, and he may not be THE LEAD. but either way this is a huge step forward for the studio.

55 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Longer, but that is moving the goalposts. The point is that it wasn't a Lefou "blink it and you miss it" situation. (Did Lefou even say he was gay?)

Well that would be an amazing breakthrough for the MCU.

After The MCU Chickened out with Valkyrie, It would be an amazing breakthrough for them...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hades said:

After The MCU Chickened out with Valkyrie, It would be an amazing breakthrough for them...

They didn't chicken out with Valkyrie. She is shown to be lesbian and her lover is dead with her being the last Valkyrie alive

40 minutes ago, Nero said:

They didn't chicken out with Valkyrie. She is shown to be lesbian and her lover is dead with her being the last Valkyrie alive

Nah:

In October 2017, queer action movie fans were again outraged by MCU’s Thor: Ragnarok, which cut out a scene explicitly showing the character Valkyrie’s bisexuality.

Valkyrie’s sexuality was confirmed by actor Tessa Thompson, who plays the character, on Twitter in October 2017. 

However, the film itself did not explicitly confirm her interest in women on-screen.

A scene which showed Valkyrie’s sexuality for all to see was cut from the cinematic release.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/11/06/deadpool-2-pg-lesbian-relationship-negasonic-teenage-warhead/

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

But when I saw it in a theatre there was one scene when her lover dies , she is shown to be extremely sad and it was very subtle I guess

Lol 99.999% of people who would see a scene where a warrior cries out in anguish over the death of a comrade would not think they were lovers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look if a Marvel films chickens out over lesbian lovers (which has always been a million times more palatable and more "acceptable" for homophobes and pearl-clutching Christian moms everywhere), there is no way that they suddenly become "brave" over gay men. Gay men are simply not comparable to girl-on-girl, because for the longest time, lesbianism (especially the trope of the lipstick lesbians) has always been perceived as 'hot,' while even men kissing chastely on the cheek is still perceived as disgusting and horrible. It is sad but true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

But when I saw it in a theatre there was one scene when her lover dies , she is shown to be extremely sad and it was very subtle I guess

:hahaha:Just stop .....They Chickened out...Not losing any foreign Box office money  is more important to Marvel...

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lol 99.999% of people who would see a scene where a warrior cries out in anguish over the death of a comrade would not think they were lovers.

http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-valkyrie-bisexual-scene-cut-taika-waititi/

Thompson goes on to admit it was a back-and-forth, but there remains a subtle moment alluding to Valkyrie’s love for another woman in the finished film:

“There were things that we talked about that we allowed to exist in the characterization, but maybe not be explicit in the film,” admits Thompson. Pay attention to her agony in a flashback where Blanchett’s Goddess of Death murders the rest of Valkyrie’s warrior clan. “There’s a great shot of me falling back from one of my sisters who’s just been slain,” says Thompson. “In my mind, that was my lover.”

I was talking about this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hades said:

:hahaha:Just stop .....They Chickened out...Not losing any foreign Box office money  is more important to Marvel...

I have replied to spider byte you can read that post. They don't mention it explicitly it is very subtle. But yeah they deleted a scene cause it distracted from the scene’s vital exposition. So I wouldn't say they chickened out. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, TalismanRing said:

A web series.....

If that keeps him from starring in an MCU movie he has to be kicking himself and his agent.

He really should be getting more big screen roles, period.

Late to this news (hadn't seen this reported at any of the major sites I follow over the weekend) but I've been waiting patiently since meeting him at Disney in November 2017 to see him in a multiplex release. So, anything is welcome. Seeing him play a Marvel superhero would be the ultimate "wish come true" (because he practically is one).

Marvel apparently going with an openly gay actor is terrific news. The seething toxic fanboys yelling that Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and inevitably this are all SJW propaganda out to ruin the world or whatever can go cry themselves to sleep in a corner.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:57 PM, TMP said:

There's more than three openly gay actors in Hollywood you know

Sadly, it's not a long list. The link says they want someone in the 30-49 range so that pretty much limits it as far as "established" actors are concerned. Bomer, Luke Evans, or Zachary Quinto are the most obvious choices in that regard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sadly, it's not a long list. The link says they want someone in the 30-49 range so that pretty much limits it as far as "established" actors are concerned. Bomer, Luke Evans, or Zachary Quinto are the most obvious choices in that regard.

I mentioned this before, but I would hail Feige as a God if he managed to turn Andrew Rannells into an action star.