ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

If Shang Chi with visible less buzz can make +70M during Delta peak, i think Eternals can be our first 100M OW.

The hype are way bigger, and by November things are supposed to be calmer. If the movie itself proof to be another MCU crowdpleaser, it will be huge.

And yeah, this is not going anywhere. Disney would be dumb to delay this and fuck their calendar when SC proof to be a very succesful movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

100M OW for this imo. 

Definitely pulling for this. Hopefully COVID starts trending more in the right direction and Eternals marketing gives a clearer picture to the GA of what greatness awaits. At this point, I could see anything from $60M to $120M. It's all dependent on how the dominos fall. 

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Definitely pulling for this. Hopefully COVID starts trending more in the right direction and Eternals marketing gives a clearer picture to the GA of what greatness awaits. At this point, I could see anything from $60M to $120M. It's all dependent on how the dominos fall. 

Unless COVID gets disastrously bad, I don't see this going anywhere as low as 60M. The buzz is higher than what Shang-Chi had and that is still doing 70. 

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

And Spidey? 

Omg, 300M OW Without Covid 

After the insane buzz and the fact that that NWH is like a quasi-TFA (heavy nostalgia and hype from the past), you may not be too far off. When I saw the trailer view numbers, I postulated that it could have done TFA OW numbers (though I don't think it would have come within $200M of its domestic total.)

Even now I'm thinking $170-185M for the OW (again, dependent on certain factors). 

• Like 1

Even if they didn't go down, people feel more confident now since many are vaxxed. So unless theaters get closed again (don't think so), they'll continue coming. My fam is vaxxed so we've resumed theatrical experience and plan to continue no matter what. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm on board with 100 as well. Marvel is the closest thing to covid proof weve seen in the past two years.

I don’t think they take a smaller % hit than others, it’s just that they’re one of few who have release movies big enough that they’re still big after the % hit.

Also seems like a lot of people don’t really care about 160k daily cases anymore — though if we can get like 40k for this movie’s OW it will still help a little. 

Edited by Lokis Legion

I dont know how I feel about Chloe Zhao. I dont know I really liked Nomadland that much. I preferred The Rider. However as far as Superhero movies goes this trailer looks great and has me hyped and I cant wait for this. If Marvel can get Shang Chi to a 70M 3day open then this could almost double that. 

Edited by Ronin46