ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

This movie is absolutely impressive, i have the chance to see the trailer at CCXP and indeed is very different from the MCU.

The tone is very epic and serious, felt like LOTR in a way. The cinematography is mesmerizing, clearly it’s not the digital shit MCU is using for years, almost seems like a Nolan movie in some acenes. Also the use of real sets make difference, everything felt real in the footage.

I’m very excited to see the whole thing, it’s really great to see they’re actually trying something new and risky, especially with a director like Chloe Zhao, one of the best MCU ever have.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5

8 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

So after what was said at CCXP19 , 2021 is looking like:

Shang-Chi
WandaVision
Loki
Doctor Strange
What if
Spider-Man 3
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Moon Knight
She Hulk
Thor

@Arendelle Legion

Moon Knight

She Hulk 

Ms Marvel

These are all gonna come out in 2022. I know they have not been dated yet. But the other shows are all further along the process than these ones. 

So the schedule is gonna look like

Shang-Chi (February)
WandaVision (Early 2021)
Loki (Early 2021)
Doctor Strange (May)
What if (Mid 2021)
Spider-Man 3 (July)
Hawkeye (Late 2021)
Thor (November)

I’ve not included Falcon as it is scheduled for late 2020. 

48 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Also, will the marvel shows be like a long movie stretched to 8 episodes thing because in normal shows, there will be seasons. So if Loki premieres in 2021, there must be second season in 2022 or 2023. What I am saying that number of shows will be more, no.

I don’t know if I would count on multi-seasons of anything just yet. Marvel’s back catalogue is so deep. A bunch could be one and down, similar to a limited comic book series. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Also, will the marvel shows be like a long movie stretched to 8 episodes thing because in normal shows, there will be seasons. So if Loki premieres in 2021, there must be second season in 2022 or 2023. What I am saying that number of shows will be more, no.

Probably most of them will be limited series, since these shows are to complement the development of the characters who won't get solo movies and then introduce them in the movies, but maybe Loki will get other seasons since he's dead in the movies, but there are rumours he will comeback in Multiverse of Madness so we'll see. 

12 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I don’t necessarily expect 2nd season of any currently announced show except WhatIf, a long time from now. But maybe a few will.    

@ZeeSoh, @Darth Lehnsherr, I guess you missed the news out of CCXP that She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight are all on schedule to be wrapped by 2020. At slowest we could see, out of the 8 announced D+ shows, maybe 1 in 2020, 5 in 2021, 2 in early 2022. I would be on 2 in 2020 and 6 in 2021.

It seems like it might be too much content and too many new characters coming down the pipe at once (4 films in 2021 + 6 shows) but I trust in Feige, especially now that he has full creative control of Marvel. 

My best guess right now is some of these shows will be multiple seasons like Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk while others will be one-offs like WandaVision, Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Hawkeye. 

As for Eternals, I'm going big. This will be to Phase 4 what Guardians was to Phase 2. I can't do a club yet but lets put it at Eternals > GOTG + 50% 😁

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I guess you missed the news out of CCXP that She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight are all on schedule to be wrapped by 2020.

By the by, this is why I love Feige forever and a day. Hawkeye was totally intended to come out before all of those. Yet, after Renner’s meltdown, it’s now been quietly shelved. We’re moving on like business as normal. Nothing to see here. Don’t pay afternoon to the man behind the curtain. Cause at Marvel, we never admit our mistakes. We just fix them and move on. 

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

By the by, this is why I love Feige forever and a day. Hawkeye was totally intended to come out before all of those. Yet, after Renner’s meltdown, it’s now been quietly shelved. We’re moving on like business as normal. Nothing to see here. Don’t pay afternoon to the man behind the curtain. Cause at Marvel, we never admit our mistakes. We just fix them and move on. 

???

I see no indication that Hawkeye has been moved from its originally announced schedule or had its production slowed in anyway. Looks like a speed up rather than a swap out.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I don’t necessarily expect 2nd season of any currently announced show except WhatIf, a long time from now. But maybe a few will.    

@ZeeSoh, @Darth Lehnsherr, I guess you missed the news out of CCXP that She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight are all on schedule to be wrapped by 2020. At slowest we could see, out of the 8 announced D+ shows, maybe 1 in 2020, 5 in 2021, 2 in early 2022. I would be on 2 in 2020 and 6 in 2021.

Ah yes I missed that. I looked at a Deadline article about Marvel at CCXP but found no mention of those shows on there which is why I thought there was no mention of them during the event. 

If they really are coming in 2021, then I think its a bit too much for general audiences. 4 movies and 4 shows were already getting a bit bloated but you add 3 more to that and you are reaching over saturation point at that (and I’ll have it known that I have never used that word nor believed in over saturation but this much content is giving even me a pause for the first time. 4 movies are fine with me but adding 7 shows on top off that is overkill)

21 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It seems like it might be too much content and too many new characters coming down the pipe at once (4 films in 2021 + 6 shows) but I trust in Feige, especially now that he has full creative control of Marvel. 

My best guess right now is some of these shows will be multiple seasons like Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk while others will be one-offs like WandaVision, Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Hawkeye. 

As for Eternals, I'm going big. This will be to Phase 4 what Guardians was to Phase 2. I can't do a club yet but lets put it at Eternals > GOTG + 50% 😁

I was thinking that too. The already established characters don't really need multiple seasons. Plus these characters will show up again in team up movies and some of these characters will also show up in other movies (like Wanda in Dr. Strange). 

The new character shows like Moonknight, etc do need multiple seasons especially if Marvel decides not to have a solo movie for these characters down the line. Although I do hope Ms.Marvel gets atleast 1 solo movie. It will be a humongous first for the SH genre and Hollywood

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Moon Knight

She Hulk 

Ms Marvel

These are all gonna come out in 2022. I know they have not been dated yet. But the other shows are all further along the process than these ones. 

So the schedule is gonna look like

Shang-Chi (February)
WandaVision (Early 2021)
Loki (Early 2021)
Doctor Strange (May)
What if (Mid 2021)
Spider-Man 3 (July)
Hawkeye (Late 2021)
Thor (November)

I’ve not included Falcon as it is scheduled for late 2020. 

Ms. Marvel had a showrunner set before Hawkeye, and films in April. Plus all the shows announced are confirmed to be part of Phase 4, and it looks like 2022 is Phase 5. It's sounding like its all about 2021 for Marvel.

7 in 2021 does seem like too much, which is why I expect them to squeeze at least one show up to the relatively barren 2020. WandaVision and Loki have their release dates kind of fixed by whatever their relation is to DS2. Of the 3 later announced shows it seems like Ms. Marvel is earliest in production, might slot nicely into Dec 2020.

26 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

7 in 2021 does seem like too much, which is why I expect them to squeeze at least one show up to the relatively barren 2020. WandaVision and Loki have their release dates kind of fixed by whatever their relation is to DS2. Of the 3 later announced shows it seems like Ms. Marvel is earliest in production, might slot nicely into Dec 2020.

It is not new to have 7 series a year. See how many Dc series are on TV.

16 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

So beyond hyped for this. Movie Event of 2020 as far as I am concerned. 

Kevin Feige is the perfect successor to Stan Lee not just because he is a idea man but most importantly cause he is a amazing salesman and sells the fuck out of the MCU.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

It is not new to have 7 series a year. See how many Dc series are on TV.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Tbf, the live-action DC shows are all trash and no one watches them.

Those DC series are not interconnected (apart from the CW ones) nor are they connected to DCEU. This case is different. These are all connected to the MCU Universe. 

10 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I doubt all if any the bottom 3 are coming in 2021. 

Yeah just cause he said they will finish filming by end of 2020 doesnt mean anything. I imagine the cgi for She Hulk will take some time to finish cause she will probably be in hulk form for most scenes.