ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

12 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Just saw this gif in the new Admin post (congrats @Cap !)

Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF

Damn.  Impossible to believe but he's stiffer than Jr Bachchan trying to limbo in Dhoom 2 :what:

I think I saw your other post too, but Hi. Hope you did/are doing fine.

yeah Kumail does look a bit out of place there, which was sorta expected. Heard Marvel has hired Pakistani actor Fawad Khan for Ms. Marvel. I wish he was hired for this role. Ofc hiring HR would have solved everything but making use of what option we got, easy Fawad over Kumail.

ICYDK Fawad Khan

fawadkhan.gif

tumblr_inline_pdje126uEa1tokatx_400.gifv

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think I saw your other post too, but Hi. Hope you did/are doing fine.

yeah Kumail does look a bit out of place there, which was sorta expected. Heard Marvel has hired Pakistani actor Fawad Khan for Ms. Marvel. I wish he was hired for this role. Ofc hiring HR would have solved everything but making use of what option we got, easy Fawad over Kumail.

ICYDK Fawad Khan

fawadkhan.gif

tumblr_inline_pdje126uEa1tokatx_400.gifv

Kumail might surprise us but Fawad would have been an excellent casting

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

I love the "nobody heard of them" argument;nobody but the hard core Marvel Comics fans knew about Guardians of the Galaxy either.

People never learn.

• Like 2

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that Marvel and Kevin Feige have garnered enough goodwill over the last 13 years that they can sell the general public on just about anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JWR said:

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that Marvel and Kevin Feige have garnered enough goodwill over the last 13 years that they can sell the general public on just about anything. 

Whatever one thinks of those movies (and shows at this point), they know how to hype up their product and get their (global) faithful amped up. 

Can they fail? Sure. Will they? Mathematically its inevitable. But I doubt it'll be on this one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

Whatever one thinks of those movies (and shows at this point), they know how to hype up their product and get their (global) faithful amped up. 

Can they fail? Sure. Will they? Mathematically its inevitable. But I doubt it'll be on this one. 

I mean, they've already had some missteps (Thor 2) and some outright failures (Iron Fist, Inhumans). 

9 minutes ago, JWR said:

I mean, they've already had some missteps (Thor 2) and some outright failures (Iron Fist, Inhumans). 

I was thinking commercially, but the fact we have to dig up TV shows *not* produced^ by Marvel Studios  to find some sort of ammo for a potential rebuttal says something (I'm putting aside creative merits since I was reacting to the "nobody knows them!" marketing argument. King Kevin and his clique is sorta good at selling their stuff to their fans/the masses.) 

^=I would argue the one MCU commercial failure is THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Didn't lose money, but it's performance clearly never gave Marvel (later owner Disney) incentive to bother jumping through legal issue hurdles with Universal again to do more Hulk pictures, or even write a big check to clear that monster rights headache. These movies get made to hopefully launch a franchise. This didn't. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Gives away nothing.

Confirms the leak.

Well, I guess it gave away something. :P

But yes, it doesn't reveal the plot and twists to the uninitiated.

One can be a fan and follow with interest and still not read any "leaks" -- so officially, they are revealing nothing quite yet.  

19 minutes ago, Macleod said:

One can be a fan and follow with interest and still not read any "leaks" -- so officially, they are revealing nothing quite yet.  

and I was joking about confirming leaks. of course that trailer isn't made to confirm leaks to 3 people who bothered to read them.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, dudalb said:

I love the "nobody heard of them" argument;nobody but the hard core Marvel Comics fans knew about Guardians of the Galaxy either.

People have been doing the "too obscure to be a success thing" since Thor. People even used it for the first Avengers movie

I'm guessing we get a new trailer either this week or next, timed to come with Shang-Chi. There's a chance it could move to Premier Access with the Delta variant up but between Feige not wanting to do it and the lawsuit I don't think it's too likely, or at least not announced this early.

• Like 1