ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Have no idea if there's any truth behind what this dude is saying but I hope he's right. Probably not a popular opinion on a box office forum but without China in the mix we might get some actual LGBT representation by the time MCU's X-Men movies come out. Tired of Disney's pathetic attempts at queerbaiting.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DInky said:

Have no idea if there's any truth behind what this dude is saying but I hope he's right. Probably not a popular opinion on a box office forum but without China in the mix we might get some actual LGBT representation by the time MCU's X-Men movies come out. Tired of Disney's pathetic attempts at queerbaiting.

Does Queerbaiting just mean whatever people want it to now. Fan ships aren't queerbait

• Like 1

Isn't Shang Chi in it's way to be released on September 3 tho? They're probably going to announce Very soon.

Gavin said Zhao is being searched again on chinese socual media so there's chance this is being resolved already.

And BW was supposed to premiere on May, Disney delay the movie and it lost the date, not really their fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Does Queerbaiting just mean whatever people want it to now. Fan ships aren't queerbait

Two nameless female characters kissing (for a split-second) in the background at the end of TROS, Lefou dancing with a man (for a split-second) at the end of Beauty and the Beast and Jack Whitehall's character in Jungle Cruise saying his "interests happily lay elsewhere" are examples of queerbaiting.

From Wikipedia

"Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment[6] in which creators hint at, but then do not actually depict, same-sex romance or other LGBTQ+ representation.[7] They do so to attract ("bait") a queer or straight ally audience with the suggestion of relationships or characters that appeal to them,[8] while at the same time attempting to avoid alienating other consumers.""

"

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

MODERATION:

I am going to stop this before it starts, because I am just not in the mood. 

Queerbaiting, or coding, is a very specific term used by media analysis to critique media (Particularly long-term TV shows). 

Eternals is going to have an openly gay character. That is not queerbaiting. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, DInky said:

He has zero points when Luca was just approved on China... Unless he thinks only the MCU will get "pushed back" for some reason.

Chloe situation with China is a very complicated relationship that has nothing to do with Disney but I see no reason for Shang Chi to not get a release date.

Edited by Fox20

7 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

He has zero points when Luca was just approved on China... Unless he thinks only the MCU will get "pushed back" for some reason.

Chloe situation with China is a very complicated relationship that has nothing to do with Disney but I see no reason for Shang Chi to not get a release date.

It's not that complicated. The CCP can't handle any criticism.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, nick64 said:

Some of the reactions to this teaser (all over the internet tbc) have been absolutely ridiculous.

”Why am I supposed to care about these characters? Literally never heard of them before” - Did you hear about Nemo before Finding Nemo came out? No. Watch and find out. Actually saw a comment somewhere from someone saying they can’t imagine caring if one of the Eternals died... Since when did you have to have prior knowledge for something to resonate?

”Lol they just sat on their asses while Thanos wiped out half the universe” - Do you really think this isn’t gonna address the Snap? Every MCU project we’ve seen since Endgame has addressed that...

”Looks boring” - Based on what? This is a teaser of visuals. How can you judge a plot we know nothing about?

”Marvel has run out of ideas” - Or they had an excellent idea that you’re already dismissing because you’re not previously familiar with it...

“What is this even about?” “Where do these guys come from?” “Where are the villains?” “How is this supposed to fit in with everything else?” People really expect a trailer to give them a whole movie these days. Why even watch movies if you need to know everything ahead of time? Just enjoy it...

Lmao when they address every single one of these in the first minute of the new trailer :Venom:

This looks gorgeous, and the plot seems to have an epic feel to it. This and Shang-Chi both looked like risks on paper, so I’m delighted to see they both look like they’re gonna pay off!

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Great trailer! Finally they added "from Academy Award winning director".

...And people here claimed they wouldn't...  It was obviously always going to be used.  Whether it actually "makes a difference" or not is up for debate.  

53 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Isn't Shang Chi in it's way to be released on September 3 tho? They're probably going to announce Very soon.

Gavin said Zhao is being searched again on chinese socual media so there's chance this is being resolved already.

And BW was supposed to premiere on May, Disney delay the movie and it lost the date, not really their fault.

Nothing formalized and no guarantees of anything, yet!!  

Looks PHENOMENAL. I have never been this excited for a Marvel film - not even close. 

This is what every major franchise needs to do - allow for a change of pace, tone, visuals, and the writing of the story. 

• Like 6