ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed 550 should be the floor.

This is Marvel's first real romance (I know that Ant Man franchise is supposed to be that but comedy and family factor overtake) and if you look at top 3 worldwide, Avatar and Titanic are massive romances. People are gonna love it. 

It *was* briefly a Valentine's day release at one point...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed 550 should be the floor.

This is Marvel's first real romance (I know that Ant Man franchise is supposed to be that but comedy and family factor overtake) and if you look at top 3 worldwide, Avatar and Titanic are massive romances. People are gonna love it. 

Venom and Carnage are romance films now?

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I seem to recall a heated discussion about how not going to film festivals meant it didn't have serious award prospects.

Man, you're still so salty. NTTD just premiered in the Zurich film fest a few days ago. I guess it's now a Best Picture contender. When people talk about film fests, they're talking about Sundance, Cannes, New York, Venice, Telluride, and Toronto. No one cares about the rest.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Man, you're still so salty. NTTD just premiered in the Zurich film fest a few days ago. I guess it's now a Best Picture contender. When people talk about film fests, they're talking about Sundance, Cannes, Venice, Telluride, and Toronto. No one cares about the rest.

Man those goalposts just keep on moving don't they

"If they were really making an awards push, they'd be bringing it to festivals early!"

Marvel brings it to festivals early

"That festival doesn't count as a film festival!"

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Man those goalposts just keep on moving don't they

No they aren't. I just understand how the awards race works. A studio does not give their film a world premiere at Rome Film Fest if they're heavily pushing their film for Oscars. You give them at the film fests I mentioned above (specifically the last three).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

No they aren't. I just understand how the awards race works. A studio does not give their film a world premiere at Rome Film Fest if they're heavily pushing their film for Oscars.

Oh please. Black Panther had a run and that didn't even go to any festivals at all.

People on here just need to admit they have a double standard when it comes to Eternals that they clearly do not have for other awards contenders.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh please. Black Panther had a run and that didn't even go to any festivals at all.

People on here just need to admit they have a double standard when it comes to Eternals that they clearly do not have for other awards contenders.

Nah, you just don't understand the awards race lol. Black Panther had a year-long awards push (starting from the previous year's Oscars). Eternals is releasing in some random film fest no one gives a shit about. That really only makes it as much of an awards contender as No Time to Die is. 

Edit: Not saying it'll never be one, but you're going to have to wait until it actually comes out/premieres to see if it is one. There's just been almost no awards push. The one thing it has going for is that it is being made by someone whose last film was loved by press and industry alike and it's hard to say if a radically different project like this will have the same resonance until it actually releases. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1