ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

8f724bb3ae2dc7cd33bcc12c58e55480bda7becd

Marvel Studios has pinpointed its next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals, and is moving ahead with development.

The studio behind Avengers: Infinity War has hired writers Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruinshot to the top of the 2017 Black List, to pen the script for the superhero team adventure.

The Firpos are best known for writing Ruin, a spec script that shot to the top of the 2017 Black List. Even before that, the project was emanating enough heat that it attracted Gal Gadot and got set up at Marc Butan’s MadRiver Pictures.

Ruin tells of an ex-Nazi captain who, to atone for his crimes, hunts down and kills the members of his former SS squad.

• Astonished 1

I imagine we'll also see Galactus and The Silver Surfer potentially pop up

14 minutes ago, Slambros said:

DC better get The New Gods out quickly if they don't want to be outdone yet another time.

I'm sure the two can co-exist, they're not that similar.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Not even ten posts and this has already become a "DC can't do anything right" thread? :winomg:

Not to mention Eternals, especially if they are going the Neil Gaiman route with Sersi as the POV character as reported by The Wrap, will probably be closer to Wonder Woman (it even has its "Olympian adjacents" and the lead heroine is a gorgeous immortal woman with ties to Ancient Greece living undercover among humans for centuries) than New Gods.

Anyhoo, who're your lead picks for Sersi? I've seen Constance Wu and Priyanka Chopra come up as fancasting frontrunners and I get behind both of those suggestions. :)

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, expensiveho said:

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? 

Hope they don't kill him in A4 because they're setting him up to be an all-time great.

Yeah he was an Eternal that carried the Deviant gene, which was why his physical appearance who so different from the other members of his race.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, expensiveho said:

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? 

Hope they don't kill him in A4 because they're setting him up to be an all-time great.

How would they resolve things without killing him though..

@4815162342 The Human Reaper from ME2 is getting its own origin story by Marvel. Nice.

On a serious note, this is certainly a off-the-walls concept, but if done right, it could have a pretty epic cosmic scope that'd play well with audiences. It could also do Ant-Man/Thor numbers tops. Who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lock down Taika Waititi for this. After Thor: Ragnarok, there's no way they don't want him back. (I'm saying this but I'm not a huge fan of that movie, but it's kinda obvious a lot of people were and it was BY FAR the most successful and well liked Thor movie.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

On 5/17/2018 at 7:07 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Not to mention Eternals, especially if they are going the Neil Gaiman route with Sersi as the POV character as reported by The Wrap, will probably be closer to Wonder Woman (it even has its "Olympian adjacents" and the lead heroine is a gorgeous immortal woman with ties to Ancient Greece living undercover among humans for centuries) than New Gods.

Anyhoo, who're your lead picks for Sersi? I've seen Constance Wu and Priyanka Chopra come up as fancasting frontrunners and I get behind both of those suggestions. :)

Hmmm...I have not thought about it, but I most certainly like those two suggestions.

I would be thrilled if they chose an Asian actress for the role.

• Like 1