ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

3 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?

Commercial sucked ass. Boring, overlong, unfunny. It was basically "we swear our movie isn't as serious as previews make it out ot be" type of a deal. Will make zero impact on the movie. Move on. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

But to be fair, Eternals views are better than Black Panther overall, and despite the teaser being lower than CM, the second trailer was on pair with CM on it's first day.

Black Panther did huge numbers not just because of trailers, so not a good comparison. The second trailer was not that far behind CM's but it was still behind, and given that the teaser was also lower, overall interest is certainly lower right now. 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Black Panther did huge numbers not just because of trailers, so not a good comparison. The second trailer was not that far behind CM's but it was still behind, and given that the teaser was also lower, overall interest is certainly lower right now. 

Yeah, like i said i agreed.

Just pointed that the trailer views are not that behind, especially the second trailer which somehow did very close to the teaser numbers (unusual for MCU).

Still think 105-110M OW tho

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Well yes. Same for James Bond. I dont see The problem 

Eh not the same thing. Bond and Aston Martin are iconic. You can't have Bond w/o car action. Car = Bond. Bond = car. It's the part of the character. it isn't just a car chase/scene for the sake of it. 

• Like 1

The only issue I have with this movie are the Deviants. The Eternals won't intervene except to fight stupid, animalistic alien creatures that are a dime a dozen in the MCU? 

If that's what they are in the comics, they should've gone another direction. This is where sticking to the source material doesn't work. 

Edited by tonytr87

6 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The only issue I have with this movie are the Deviants. The Eternals won't intervene except to fight stupid, animalistic alien creatures that are a dime a dozen in the MCU? 

If that's what they are in the comics, they should've gone another direction. This is where sticking to the source material doesn't work. 

I think the animal creatures are just part of the Deviants. The guy who has Jolie captured in the trailer is a Deviant too, he seems fairly powerful. Though it does seem a bit thin even then, but I assume there will be some more justification in the movie than what the trailer showed. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Chloe Zhao mentioned she wanted to explore a bit more moral ambiguity so I'll expect a bit more nuance as opposed to Eternals = good and Deviants = Bad

I think source material is borderline problematic. Beautiful white race with cool powers must fight off genetic failures to save humanity. 
Love Jack Kirby, but yikes. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I think source material is borderline problematic. Beautiful white race with cool powers must fight off genetic failures to save humanity. 
Love Jack Kirby, but yikes. 

Oh, so they're all white in the comics? 

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I think the animal creatures are just part of the Deviants. The guy who has Jolie captured in the trailer is a Deviant too, he seems fairly powerful. Though it does seem a bit thin even then, but I assume there will be some more justification in the movie than what the trailer showed. 

Ah, so perhaps the creatures are just the Deviants' pets or something. 

I was under the impression that the dragon in Shang Chi was a Deviant. 

• Like 2

From memory, Celestials are crazy powerful beings that experiment on other life forms. They made Eternals and Deviants. Eternals were largely beautiful and heroic. Deviants were largely ugly and bad. 
Almost every human character in comics then was white so YMMV on whether that changes the context. 
Later comics canon may have addressed these problems. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
Clarity

here is original comic 

THE INHUMANS! — Who are The Eternals Created by Jack Kirby, The...

so Celestials came to Earth very long time ago, and took those monkeys and did experiment.

and that created Human, Eternals and Deviants (which is considered as failure)

柳生玄十郎 على تويتر:  "でもマ・ドンソクのこの感じ見たら、悪役じゃ勿体ない気がするので、エターナルズのリーダー、ズラースをやってもらいたくなってきた。体格もゴツいし。  #エターナルズ #マドンソク… "

they looked like this. and very weak.. like 1 strong Eternals can kill thousands of them.

ETERNI: 10 COSE CHE JACK KIRBY HA PRESO DALL'ANTICA TEORIA DEGLI ALIENI -  ELENCHI

and Kro, few deviants looked humanoid, had more intelligence and power.

Reminder, Eternals Comic were written in 1976~1978.

things changed a lot in MCU version.

as Eternals was inspired by Roman and Greek gods and stories, Deviants look changed to make more like monsters in ancient roman, greek stories which is why they might look generic.

Also Eternals and Deviants are no longer experiment of Earth.

• Like 1