ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don’t care either way but it definitely goes both ways on this site( in DC/marvel threads) and I’ve just come to expect it from certain people. Just put people on ignore if you don’t like their posts, if they aren’t breaking the rules they can share whatever they like. 

Nah i'm fine, just find it funny really because it's so obvious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

This gonna finish in the low 60s when the floodgates open.

The takeaway for Marvel is gonna be don't stray away from the same movie we've been making for 10+ years

Feige doesn't shy away from his mistakes, he is not reactive. If anything, I expect them to confirm Eternals 2 with Chloe Zhao (unless the film is a massive BO disappointment, which doesn't look like)

1 minute ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Feige will react based upon audience and personal reception, not critics. As always. As is smart.

Feige is like peak Bruckheimer channeled into one brand. Knows what people will pay to see and knows critics will, generally, fall in line because many do not want to be that person.

Just now, Angel said:

Feige doesn't shy away from his mistakes, he is not reactive. If anything, I expect them to confirm Eternals 2 with Chloe Zhao (unless the film is a massive BO disappointment, which doesn't look like)

Eternals 2 should be easier to do too. This one have just massive amounts of things to put it on screen, but now that this background is done, a sequel can have a more "normal" structure.

Personally i don't see much reason to not bring her back, it's probably going to be very succesful, and reviews are decent enough so far (it could freefall of course but idk, it's all over the place since the beginning so i don't know if it will fall or increase that much, i think 67-72% finish is more probable which is still good for such an gigantic ambitious movie, MCU seen worse with way simpler movies).

• Like 2

To be clear, it is possible that audiences hate this and it doesn’t get a sequel and we never see Zhao in the MCU again and all the characters quietly fade away. Can’t be ruled out yet. But that is, ahhh…. not the historically supported presumption.   

And in either case, reacting to like 70% RT instead of just waiting a dozen days to see the real reception is some rather extreme cart-before-the-horse.

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 2

Yeah exactly, if the audience reject Eternals than that’s an issue.

We’ll see. It’s seem though with the post credit scene (the one that was leaked everywhere), plans are already in place for an Eternals 2?

Maybe the Eternals will get demoted to Disney plus if it fails lol.

1 minute ago, Mr Terrific said:

Considering ps data and some review data, what is reasonable OW range now?

Thanks. 

80 to 110 I would say. 90 to 95 is where I would put it right now  after these early reviews. Its outselling SC/Venom in pre sales. How it does in the final week is what will really count. 

• Like 1

vieweranon wanting attention as usual. Pretending to be some kind of insider just because he attends tests screening.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

Whatever you might think of him, he's actually pretty reliable. His FB3 leaks were on point.

Attending tests screening is a very common thing and there are sites where you can sign up, I follow about 6 people (they are all in LA) who have seen several upcoming movies (The Northman, The Batman, Don't Look Up, Nightmare Alley, Being the Ricardos, etc.). They could easily do what VA does on twitter, reddit, and forums... the difference is that they're not desperate for clout and don't break their NDA.
The problem is when VA takes advantage of this and pretends to be an "insider" with "scoops".

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Nope, if this was at play you'd expect a bigger-than-usual disparity between top critics and all critics (given top critics are in more secure positions) which isn't the case here. 

Right now (39 reviews) 37.5% of top critics dislike it and 21.8% of other critic, pretty solid gap imo though sample size is still weak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Right now (39 reviews) 37.5% of top critics dislike it and 21.8% of other critic, pretty solid gap imo though sample size is still weak.

It was a lower gap earlier. I should've checked before posting. Still I don't really see much of critics "going easy" on the film like what's described in that tweet. 

I’m not going to speak for anyone else but I appreciate VA posts cause he’s always honest about what he knows and what he doesn’t. He doesn’t have a site making money from clicks so having some info that I’d normally never see is fun, even if his JL post from years ago broke my heart lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I don’t care either way but it definitely goes both ways on this site( in DC/marvel threads) and I’ve just come to expect it from certain people. Just put people on ignore if you don’t like their posts, if they aren’t breaking the rules they can share whatever they like. 

I thought concern trolling and poisoning the well was against the rules?

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I thought concern trolling and poisoning the well was against the rules?

It is( I think?), but it’s not up to me to decide what is and what isn’t. And while I wouldn’t go and post bad/mixed reviews in a thread is that really against the rules? I’m just saying it happens in all these threads. If you or anyone else doesn’t like certain posts you can easily report them or the person doing it. For me I just put people on ignore cause it’s very easy to spot trolls on here who like to stir shit up. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1