ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

When is the next batch of reviews coming, there were barely any added today 

Probabl6y a couple of days before the film opens. A lot of outlets..including some of the big ones like major Newspapers..don't release their reviews until the day before a film opens.

I doubt this will go rotten if the avg rating stays 6/10.   and as long as we get 10M> previews the box office will be fine imo.  

they shouldn't make another movie that introduces 10 new characters again though. that's a risk that's bound to fail if we're suppose to care about every single character of the ensemble.  maybe 2.5 hours wasn't long enough. which reminds of ZS Justice League which only had to juggle 3-4 new characters (+ the 3 we had from BvS) but benefitted alot from the 4 hour run-time.

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, I honestly don’t see the comparison at all, aside from runtime. Wonder Woman 1984 has way more than 10 minutes of action though, not to derail the thread. 

Like I said, it's more superficial. The films are different beasts, but there's a certain...atmosphere to them that they give off. 

One thing is at least certain from both films reactions and reviews, they were both not what people expected.

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

There’s lots of pages so I’m not sure if I’ve missed it but IMDb have now removed the ratings for this film, it’s just a blank space. 

Don’t think that’s ever happened before. 

Who made the call?   That should have happened years ago..

It's definitely trending to end up rotten.  I'm guessing mid-50s is where it will end up.

The discourse on this will be... interesting.  ("Will Marvel stop taking chances?" "Will Feige give less leeway to talented directors?" Tune in and find out!)

Eager to see if Feige figures they can work out the kinks and deliver more of a crowd-pleaser with Zhao in a sequel, or if they agree they gave it their best effort and move on to other things.

At the very least, you have to figure another Eternals film is not going to be on any fast track (especially if the legs collapse after OW).  Maybe they're featured in other films (or even an Avengers film) that is well-liked and then you give it another go.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

There’s lots of pages so I’m not sure if I’ve missed it but IMDb have now removed the ratings for this film, it’s just a blank space. 

Don’t think that’s ever happened before. 

You did not miss it, it was this adress and it had score yesterday:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9032400/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Maybe they normally open the ratings only after release now ? (or was that only rotten tomatoes) and the early premiere did trigger their system that used the release date infos.

15 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

The discourse on this will be... interesting.  ("Will Marvel stop taking chances?" "Will Feige give less leeway to talented directors?" Tune in and find out!)

I am sure, but I am not sure they would define what Marvel stopping taking chances would look like, it is not like they have that option I think, I feel that for around 50% of the announced future movies it would be nice what the low chance option is in those people mind.

Edited by Barnack

4 hours ago, RealLyre said:

I doubt this will go rotten if the avg rating stays 6/10.   and as long as we get 10M> previews the box office will be fine imo.  

they shouldn't make another movie that introduces 10 new characters again though. that's a risk that's bound to fail if we're suppose to care about every single character of the ensemble.  maybe 2.5 hours wasn't long enough. which reminds of ZS Justice League which only had to juggle 3-4 new characters (+ the 3 we had from BvS) but benefitted alot from the 4 hour run-time.

Man of Steel is rotten with 6.2/10...

If the CinemaScope is A- (or even B+) I don’t really think this will change any plans much. The crossovers, spin-offs, cameo appearances model is good for revitalizing the characters and the sequel anyway. Most of the stuff that you might think up to do as a reaction to a mixed first entry is stuff they were likely planning to do already.

• Like 2